DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si, 2020 Toyota Tundra TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going for a sort-of retro look with the KC lights with stone guards. Pretty simple to attach the bar and wire the lights in to aux switches. Center spot to Aux 2 and outboard driving lights to Aux 1.

Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper front corner 2
Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper Front KC
Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper KC
Sponsored

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nice, what bumper bar are the lights mounted to, do you happen to have a link?
I assume you had to drill holes and bolt thru top of capable bumper?

OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice, what bumper bar are the lights mounted to, do you happen to have a link?
I assume you had to drill holes and bolt thru top of capable bumper?
Here is a link the bar I installed:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07K8BJG9C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, I drilled the bumper and bolted the bar on. I was going to thread the holes but the bumper is too thin to support the bolts, so thru bolt and nut. I think the bar came with backing plates that have nuts welded on, but I couldn't get those to fit inside the contours of the bumper.

Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper KC Bar side

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I definitely love the retro look of it!

I have been looking for bar that fits my BaseSquatch base bumper, looks like this might work.

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Love it!
Exactly the retro look I want.

Thanks for sharing. 🙂

Reactions: DJ1

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was going for a sort-of retro look with the KC lights with stone guards. Pretty simple to attach the bar and wire the lights in to aux switches. Center spot to Aux 2 and outboard driving lights to Aux 1.

I’m wanting to order this bar and was wondering if I just ran the two outside lights, do you think it would block the camera?

FatRat250

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands Squatch Lux Hot Pepper
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks great and is exactly what I’ve been trying to find for the capable bumper. Two questions, first is the capable bumper solid enough so that you don’t get any wobble. Drives me more crazy when wobbly lights shake when you’re driving along with them on at night. Second question is regarding the front camera, if there was no light mounted in the center do you think the camera would be blocked?

OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That looks great and is exactly what I’ve been trying to find for the capable bumper. Two questions, first is the capable bumper solid enough so that you don’t get any wobble. Drives me more crazy when wobbly lights shake when you’re driving along with them on at night. Second question is regarding the front camera, if there was no light mounted in the center do you think the camera would be blocked?
Seems solid enough to me. I have not tried running down a really bumpy road at night, but no wobble from the bar when you grab and pull.

I can't comment on the camera since I don't have one. If it would help, I can take additional pictures or measure distances for you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DJ1

DJ1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Teralume ICON 1 on Greenlane Off-road brush bar.
Ford Bronco KC Lights on Capable Bumper 99B252CB-157D-4FDD-B393-EF8843983DA5
Looks Good! I also bought a Greenlane bar to try but it doesn't fit on the capable bumper. Not enough angle for clearance since the capable bumper sits closer to the grill.

ColeTrain84

Badlands
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks Good! I also bought a Greenlane bar to try but it doesn't fit on the capable bumper. Not enough angle for clearance since the capable bumper sits closer to the grill.
What is the distance between the light mounting spots center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole? I'm interested in doing this then putting a low profile light bar instead of rounds. This will allow me avoid too much interference with my forward camera. I ordered the bar but it's not gonna be here for a while. I have to decide if I want to nut and bolt it or use a metal nutsert setup for easier removal

TXscooterguy

Black Diamond
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Corvette Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think the bar came with backing plates that have nuts welded on, but I couldn't get those to fit inside the contours of the bumper.
Do you think a little time with a bench grinder would have allowed the backing plate that came with it to fit? If anyone builds their own backing plate for the capable bumper, please share the measurements. Thanks.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What is the distance between the light mounting spots center of bolt hole to center of bolt hole? I'm interested in doing this then putting a low profile light bar instead of rounds. This will allow me avoid too much interference with my forward camera. I ordered the bar but it's not gonna be here for a while. I have to decide if I want to nut and bolt it or use a metal nutsert setup for easier removal
The bar is 9 inches and the light are 8.5” but the 6 bar mounts take the lights out far enough to comfortably clear the bumper. I bought their anti-theft hardware too. Had to grind strips of rubber (vs supplied foam) given the weight of the light/bracket combo. Very solid now.

rancid53

Badlands
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Frontier Prox4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did you remove the bumper to drill the holes? If so, did you follow any instructions from someone else? Do you have a camera that needed to be relocated?
Sponsored