First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have spent a ton of time camping this summer as we have been on a big road trip. The one thing that has been driving me crazy is if I’m sleeping in the rooftop tent and have my keys with me I’m close enough to the vehicle that you can walk up and pull on the door handle to have it unlock using the proximity. Is there a solution to this that I don’t know? Do I need to buy a faraday bag for my keys? Looking forward to hearing ideas. TIA

IMG_2542.jpeg
Sponsored

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Short answer is yes you need a Faraday bag. The good news is they're stupid cheap and effective.
You should store your keys in them while at home as well.
All a thief needs is a $50 signal booster and your vehicle is gone.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I‘m paranoid and lock my Bronco even in my garage, however if you’re in a RTT, would you not easily hear (or feel) if your door was being opened beneath you? If you stored your key fob higher up in your RTT, would that not be far enough away?

I‘ve run into a few times where I’m close enough to reach my door but my fob is a bit further away (like if I’m reaching for the door), and it won’t unlock. Surprised to hear being on the roof would unlock it at that range.

Gassyjack

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you imagine someone driving away while you’re in the RTT! Scary!

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have spent a ton of time camping this summer as we have been on a big road trip. The one thing that has been driving me crazy is if I’m sleeping in the rooftop tent and have my keys with me I’m close enough to the vehicle that you can walk up and pull on the door handle to have it unlock using the proximity. Is there a solution to this that I don’t know? Do I need to buy a faraday bag for my keys? Looking forward to hearing ideas. TIA
Get the keypad and leave the keys in the truck. Problem solved.

With factory remote start
https://accessories.ford.com/products/keyless-entry-keypad-for-vehicles-with-factory-remote-start-2

Without factory remote start
https://accessories.ford.com/produc...d-for-vehicles-without-factory-remote-start-2

Sponsored

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you actually tried opening the door with the key up top? I know I can only open the door I am next to. If I have the key on the dash or seat for example, I cant even open the passenger door or the cargo door. Do you keep the key on the floor of the RTT? I could see how that is close enough for the front if you have it right over the drivers door. Perhaps hanging it from the peak of the tent will take it out far enough. Perhaps the distance is longer on a 4 door?

ronij

Badlands
First Name
Roni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non-sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just keep a faraday bag in my RTT. Easy to throw the key in there. Also wonder if it may help preserve the battery a little as the car is constantly doing things when the key is around but not when in the faraday bag.

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should store your keys in them while at home as well.
All a thief needs is a $50 signal booster and your vehicle is gone.
The key disables if it hasn't moved in a bit. As long as you don't walk around the house with it, it'll be off.

Not saying a bag is a bad idea, though.

Bronc’n Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

IMG_2542.jpeg
There are a few different threads on here about that. Here is what I do when I dive. https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lock-your-fob-key-in-your-bronco.75739/

Durangatan

Base
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, A6 Avant, TTRS, SQ5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Me thinks you need to reconsider where you are camping if theft is such an issue.
Sponsored