First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma and DR650
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been trying to follow the different conversations on here, and see one flaw that might be a problem.

Many have suggested using a faraday bag to keep their Fob in. If that bag is used, wouldn't your vehicle be prevented from passivating that Fob? Thus, the Fob is still active and a theif can start the car with that Fob after removing it from the bag?
Sponsored

Smiffer

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m wondering if someone can save me a trip to the dealer. I havenā€™t used the keypad yet so I figured Iā€™d give it a try. I found the card with the 5 digit code by the fuses.
As a test I had the key in my pocket and locked the Bronco. But no matter how fast or slowly I enter the numbers it will not unlock. I let it sit for 5 minutes and tried again, nothing. As a test i unlocked it held down the 7-8 9-0 number pads and the Bronco locked. So to me the battery is good and it appears to by syncā€™d with my vehicle. possability that the card with the number is incorrrect?

Based on what I read online after pressing the 5 digit code the drivers door should unlock right. Is there something that Iā€™m missing?

5000flyer

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GMC 3500 Dualie, 2021 Bronco, 1999 Jeep XJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Iā€™m having same issue as I bought my bronco used.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ā€˜69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why not just turn the truck off? Press one button and get out, get back in and press one button. seems easier than locking your keys in a running vehicle just to go get your smokes.
When itā€™s 105* or -20* itā€™s nice to be able to leave it running every now and then. Iā€™ve left a couple different Fords with key pads running while going inside somewhere for more than a couple minutes in extreme temps.

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™m wondering if someone can save me a trip to the dealer. I havenā€™t used the keypad yet so I figured Iā€™d give it a try. I found the card with the 5 digit code by the fuses.
As a test I had the key in my pocket and locked the Bronco. But no matter how fast or slowly I enter the numbers it will not unlock. I let it sit for 5 minutes and tried again, nothing. As a test i unlocked it held down the 7-8 9-0 number pads and the Bronco locked. So to me the battery is good and it appears to by syncā€™d with my vehicle. possability that the card with the number is incorrrect?

Based on what I read online after pressing the 5 digit code the drivers door should unlock right. Is there something that Iā€™m missing?
Sorry to tell you, but you are gonna have to go to the dealer and get the right code. The card by the fuse box is for something else. I tried the same thing, but it turns out the actual card you need comes with the manuals which mine didnā€™t, but the dealer should be able to pull your keypad code from FDRS I believe is the name of the system they use or they may have to reach out to Ford.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I only got burned one time in 20 plus years.
I left the lights on accidentally and it drained the battery.
Locks don't unlock with a drained battery.
I was able to get the hood unlatched to charge the battery and all was good.
Ive had it happen with my 4wd Excursion when the main battery died from sitting unused. I crawled under and hooked a jump box to the positive terminal on the starter (the main red cable coming from the battery to the solenoid) and grounded to the frame to unlock the doors. So this is an option on a high clearance vehicle. Hoods are difficult to get open.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, based on the earlier posts in this thread, whether a fob left in the truck is disabled or not depends on the use case. Like how the truck was locked with the fob inside, how the truck was entered (legitimately with another fob? keypad? hard key, maybe?). I can take the key out of the fob and try it, but that doesn't really answer the question about whether the fob is disabled if someone breaks in. Sorry, but I'm not going to smash a window or cut my soft top to find out. šŸ˜œ
Just leave a window down to test. Let us know what you find.

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Simple test without breaking a window... let someone sit in the Bronco with a fob and someone outside lock the Bronco with the two buttons.... see if it will crank
You missed a step. You have to open the door from the inside like a thief would do after breaking a window or cutting t top. I believe the alarm will go off. Correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Sponsored

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry to tell you, but you are gonna have to go to the dealer and get the right code. The card by the fuse box is for something else. I tried the same thing, but it turns out the actual card you need comes with the manuals which mine didnā€™t, but the dealer should be able to pull your keypad code from FDRS I believe is the name of the system they use or they may have to reach out to Ford.
This. I bought my Bronco and the dealer or SOMEONE lost the card and I had the wrong one. There were a slew of owners complaining about this.

I had looked and looked online until I found some instructions, went to my dealer, and the guy who was supposed to do it did not have a clue! Even with the instructions he was lost. Since I have a great relationship with my dealer and the service dept, they let me try it with one of the techs with me.

The first thing was I needed to get the flash code that came off the pad. You need to input a code in with the doors locked. That in itself was hard to do, and when it finally started I nor the tech did not not write down the first flashes. I did get the other ones, so we went with that. With going with was it a 4,5 flash or 3 flash for the ones we missed, we wrote down the code the system spat out.

That worked. By using those codes, I received the correct one and now the keypad works. I love having the keypad because sometimes I want to get into my vehicle and the keys are in my office. With the pad, just unlock it. If the vehicle is unlocked, instead of opening the door, just hit the two buttons on the end. I do not leave my keys in it, I used to do it when I would go to the gym in my old F150, but that was physical keys, and I had a keypad safe. I do believe that with the fob, the locks will not lock when they detect the key fob.

So for anyone who bought a used one, or never got the code, that is what is needed.

mdfilip

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Shelby GT350, 22 Bronco BL, 29 Ford Roadster
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man I live in the south in an area where you never hear of car theft we all have guns. This is the last thing I worry about. I leave them in the center console. Yes if someone does cut the top and get in they will be able to crank the ride and leave with it. I'm also a grown man and will do what I want so I don't care if you like my ways or not. Do it don't do it I don't care but many people live in areas like me with no crime and don't really care what the trolls think

Its all perspective.
then why even lock the vehicle?

Rumbloki

Badlands
First Name
Alton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2, 1973 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco keypad is a wireless stick on. ... I will probably buy one and stick it in the fuel door for emergencies.
With 3M tape?

So, I can remove mine with dental floss and relocate it, leaving no hole in the door?

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

then why even lock the vehicle?
I feel like your trolling but I will bite.
Why put a fence around your property. Simply to keep the honest.
Sponsored