Base
First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Bronco
Base
I walk the beach (and jump in to cool off) most days of the week..(summertime)..I lock my wallet..money and key fab in the the back hatch..and lock the doors..no worry about losing,or stealing anything..Returning to the vehicle,I punch in the 5 digit code and the doors unlock...never had a problem..
that’s exactly my plan. The key pad will be handy for those times it gets used.
Advertisement

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Bronco
Badlands
Not sure what your "???" are about -- @Coloradonatives asked what the default codes are for lock and unlock; you said there are no universal codes and that is incorrect. And to be accurate, there is no such thing as one code to both lock and unlock (or as you put it several times "lock/unlock code"). The 5-digit keypad code only unlocks the doors. It does not lock them.
The last 2 buttons, the 7/8 and 9/0 pressed at the same time lock the vehicle. The only way you can with the fob inside now.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of incidents where I live at where not so smart people leave their keyfobs in a Range Rovers and other luxury makes and poof the truck or car is gone.

There was even an incident where someone had a C8 Vette, parked in the garage, and the people broke into the garage, opened the door and drove off with it, because they left the fob in the car.

Mostly minors doing it because the sentencing isn't as harsh, but they are getting paid by an adult behind the sence.
If it's minors doing it, I feel even better about my MT as my theft deterrent.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Bronco
Outer Banks
i run on the beach and sometimes jump on the water to cool off. I don’t want this large key jangling in my pocket and then it dies! Just an old fashioned key would be fine but these giant fobs no thank you
If anyone just wants an old fashioned key to get into their Bronco, they have one! 🤯

20211028_140333.jpg

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
will the Bronco start with the fob inside but the key isn’t inserted to the fob? That would be an excellent solution!
Well, based on the earlier posts in this thread, whether a fob left in the truck is disabled or not depends on the use case. Like how the truck was locked with the fob inside, how the truck was entered (legitimately with another fob? keypad? hard key, maybe?). I can take the key out of the fob and try it, but that doesn't really answer the question about whether the fob is disabled if someone breaks in. Sorry, but I'm not going to smash a window or cut my soft top to find out. 😜

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 98 Jeep, 92 GT, 93 Cobra
Bronco
Badlands
Clubs

Well, based on the earlier posts in this thread, whether a fob left in the truck is disabled or not depends on the use case. Like how the truck was locked with the fob inside, how the truck was entered (legitimately with another fob? keypad? hard key, maybe?). I can take the key out of the fob and try it, but that doesn't really answer the question about whether the fob is disabled if someone breaks in. Sorry, but I'm not going to smash a window or cut my soft top to find out. 😜
Your over thinking this no need to cut anything the soft tops side panels and back comes off from the outside. Yep its just that easy. :p

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Outer Banks
Your over thinking this no need to cut anything the soft tops side panels and back comes off from the outside. Yep its just that easy. :p
Fair enough! But, nonetheless, I really don't know if taking the hard key out of the fob and leaving the fob in the car is safe or not. I'd think you'd have to make entry without unlocking the vehicle in a legit manner.

Advertisement

Advertisement