First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I walk the beach (and jump in to cool off) most days of the week..(summertime)..I lock my wallet..money and key fab in the the back hatch..and lock the doors..no worry about losing,or stealing anything..Returning to the vehicle,I punch in the 5 digit code and the doors unlock...never had a problem..
that’s exactly my plan. The key pad will be handy for those times it gets used.
Sponsored

Barko13

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not sure what your "???" are about -- @Coloradonatives asked what the default codes are for lock and unlock; you said there are no universal codes and that is incorrect. And to be accurate, there is no such thing as one code to both lock and unlock (or as you put it several times "lock/unlock code"). The 5-digit keypad code only unlocks the doors. It does not lock them.
The last 2 buttons, the 7/8 and 9/0 pressed at the same time lock the vehicle. The only way you can with the fob inside now.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Plenty of incidents where I live at where not so smart people leave their keyfobs in a Range Rovers and other luxury makes and poof the truck or car is gone.

There was even an incident where someone had a C8 Vette, parked in the garage, and the people broke into the garage, opened the door and drove off with it, because they left the fob in the car.

Mostly minors doing it because the sentencing isn't as harsh, but they are getting paid by an adult behind the sence.
If it's minors doing it, I feel even better about my MT as my theft deterrent.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
i run on the beach and sometimes jump on the water to cool off. I don’t want this large key jangling in my pocket and then it dies! Just an old fashioned key would be fine but these giant fobs no thank you
If anyone just wants an old fashioned key to get into their Bronco, they have one! 🤯

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Keypad (Trick) 20211028_140333

spyderman01

Base
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
If anyone just wants an old fashioned key to get into their Bronco, they have one! 🤯

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Keypad (Trick) 20211028_140333
will the Bronco start with the fob inside but the key isn’t inserted to the fob? That would be an excellent solution!

Sponsored

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
will the Bronco start with the fob inside but the key isn’t inserted to the fob? That would be an excellent solution!
Well, based on the earlier posts in this thread, whether a fob left in the truck is disabled or not depends on the use case. Like how the truck was locked with the fob inside, how the truck was entered (legitimately with another fob? keypad? hard key, maybe?). I can take the key out of the fob and try it, but that doesn't really answer the question about whether the fob is disabled if someone breaks in. Sorry, but I'm not going to smash a window or cut my soft top to find out. 😜

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, based on the earlier posts in this thread, whether a fob left in the truck is disabled or not depends on the use case. Like how the truck was locked with the fob inside, how the truck was entered (legitimately with another fob? keypad? hard key, maybe?). I can take the key out of the fob and try it, but that doesn't really answer the question about whether the fob is disabled if someone breaks in. Sorry, but I'm not going to smash a window or cut my soft top to find out. 😜
Your over thinking this no need to cut anything the soft tops side panels and back comes off from the outside. Yep its just that easy. :p

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Your over thinking this no need to cut anything the soft tops side panels and back comes off from the outside. Yep its just that easy. :p
Fair enough! But, nonetheless, I really don't know if taking the hard key out of the fob and leaving the fob in the car is safe or not. I'd think you'd have to make entry without unlocking the vehicle in a legit manner.

Maine Explorer

Base
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

But with the key inside, if you leave it in the same hidden spot - will the engine start ?
How do the doors lock even with the key inside - there must be a spot or something that shields the key so the sensor does not know it is in there.
Founds this. It's a signal-blocking bag. I don't work for them so feel free to google faraday bag and buy something else
https://faradaybag.com/products/phone-shield-ps1-faraday-bag-rf-shielding/

Someone could still find it and take it out of the bag and steal your bronco so still a big risk but at least you can hide your key and make it harder.

RPiantedosi

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Jaguar XF
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Fair enough! But, nonetheless, I really don't know if taking the hard key out of the fob and leaving the fob in the car is safe or not. I'd think you'd have to make entry without unlocking the vehicle in a legit manner.
I haven't tried this yet, but you can try this if you take your doors off and use it. No need to break into your own vehicle. haha Remember, we have convertibles and an option to remove the doors.

Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Simple test without breaking a window... let someone sit in the Bronco with a fob and someone outside lock the Bronco with the two buttons.... see if it will crank

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Explorer ST, ‘19 GT350, ‘21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

not trolling - but serious - I am thinking of getting the keypad as well. But my points are serious. Keys in a running car - from what I heard may not be covered by insurance as theft. Something to think about.
That being said - if you use the keypad - where can the keys be left, out of sight, that will not be sensed by the car if someone does manage to get in. In other words - where can I leave my keys in the car, and the car will not start because the key is not present.
If you are that worried put it in a foil bag like an easy pass transponder.

kahunabob

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Simple test without breaking a window... let someone sit in the Bronco with a fob and someone outside lock the Bronco with the two buttons.... see if it will crank
I tried this exactly as you described. The Bronco started right up! Leaving the keyfob in the Bronco is not a good idea in my opinion.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The last 2 buttons, the 7/8 and 9/0 pressed at the same time lock the vehicle. The only way you can with the fob inside now.
I can confirm that you can lock the doors using the 7/8 and 9/0 double-press with the fob outside the Bronco. I just did it.

HorizonHunter

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forgot how much I loved having the keypad until I just took delivery. So many times in the last week, just running out to Bronco for something without my keys, and forgot it was locked. Keypad makes life easy.
Sponsored