Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So, where do you live? Do you think a spark plug tip will still break a window? The intruder will now have your keys and your truck. Insurance will give you a pretty hard time for leaving keys in the truck.

Plenty of incidents where I live at where not so smart people leave their keyfobs in a Range Rovers and other luxury makes and poof the truck or car is gone.

There was even an incident where someone had a C8 Vette, parked in the garage, and the people broke into the garage, opened the door and drove off with it, because they left the fob in the car.

Mostly minors doing it because the sentencing isn't as harsh, but they are getting paid by an adult behind the sence.
Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I was interested in getting the keypad after delivery, but with Fordpass App lock, unlock, and remote start it seems a bit redundant. Unless you don't want to carry anything at all I suppose like going to the beach.
Does the dealer have to program the keypad if you purchase after the fact?
You can program it yourself in a couple minutes, super easy. It is just a stick on.

FordPass app unlock, lock, remote start is nice, but is in no way a replacement for the keypad. Especially the scenario of running into the store quick and leaving the truck running. The app is laggy, it can take a couple minutes for your command to be sent.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would edit the post this didn't work it cranked right up.
Thank you. Do you mean it fired right up after you clicked the "unlock" button on the fob inside the vehicle?

What happens if you lock the vehicle with the keypad (with a key inside), but then you try to start the vehicle by just pressing the start button (I.E., someone hides the passive key inside the vehicle so a would-be criminal doesn't know it's there, and they just smashed the glass or something)

I ask because here is that the manual says:

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Keypad (Trick) Screen Shot 2021-10-25 at 12.29.36

Which makes it sound like any key left inside when the vehicle is locked via the number pad (or any other fob) will not work to start the vehicle.

OP
OP
Bradley Thornton

Bradley Thornton

Badlands
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sequoia TRD sport, 2021 Badlands Sas, 93 Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you. Do you mean it fired right up after you clicked the "unlock" button on the fob inside the vehicle?

What happens if you lock the vehicle with the keypad (with a key inside), but then you try to start the vehicle. (I.E., someone hides the passive key inside the vehicle so a would-be criminal doesn't know it's there)

The I locked the bronco with the keys in it using the keypad then mashed the brake and started the Bronco up.

Let me do a little more testing I had both keys in it. I'll try it one at a time and see if one key (Passive Key lets it not start)

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

not trolling - but serious - I am thinking of getting the keypad as well. But my points are serious. Keys in a running car - from what I heard may not be covered by insurance as theft. Something to think about.
That being said - if you use the keypad - where can the keys be left, out of sight, that will not be sensed by the car if someone does manage to get in. In other words - where can I leave my keys in the car, and the car will not start because the key is not present.
Please don't force me to get the jab either. ;)

Sponsored

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

not trolling - but serious - I am thinking of getting the keypad as well. But my points are serious. Keys in a running car - from what I heard may not be covered by insurance as theft. Something to think about.
That being said - if you use the keypad - where can the keys be left, out of sight, that will not be sensed by the car if someone does manage to get in. In other words - where can I leave my keys in the car, and the car will not start because the key is not present.
if i lock my f250 or my explorer or my bronco by using the keypad you can break whatever windows you want. truck isn't going anywhere. the security systems in these vehicles are way more sophisticated. I have three fords that the keys never come out of. Keypad use only.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "factory" keypad, and the one you order from your dealer after delivery, are the exact same product.
Kinda... Factory model is hardwired with power. FoMoCo accessory is coin battery operated.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Kinda... Factory model is hardwired with power. FoMoCo accessory is coin battery operated.
Negative. Not on the Big Bronco.

It is just the battery one, programmed and stuck on at the factory.

(unless I missed an update)

mountainbronco

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I can tell you it works in the center console
yes, because in the center console is an indentation, where you put your FOB when it's battery dies so you can still start the Bronco. So, the center console is the last place you want to "hide" your key when using the pad..........

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll get it and stick it on the gas door, a neat option to have. Ford Pass App works too, cars stays locked with fob in side, but there's not always cell service where I might want to leave that bulky key inside.
Will be one of the first things I order from the parts counter when I get my first service.

Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Negative. Not on the Big Bronco.

It is just the battery one, programmed and stuck on at the factory.

(unless I missed an update)
I do believe this is still accurate, but for MY22 it appears to be painted body color.

Mr_Scoutmaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Badlands / '22 BMW X5 45e M Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, where do you live? Do you think a spark plug tip will still break a window? The intruder will now have your keys and your truck. Insurance will give you a pretty hard time for leaving keys in the truck.
Also - this is a no go for me with a soft top.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes I just donā€™t understand you whippersnappers. It isnā€™t like you need a hand truck to bring your key or fob into your home. There is absolutely no upside to leaving the key or fob in the vehicle.

21BL2DR

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BL 2dr, 2021 BB 4dr, 2022 BS 2dr, trifecta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What happens if you lock the vehicle with the keypad (with a key inside), but then you try to start the vehicle by just pressing the start button (I.E., someone hides the passive key inside the vehicle so a would-be criminal doesn't know it's there, and they just smashed the glass or something)

Which makes it sound like any key left inside when the vehicle is locked via the number pad (or any other fob) will not work to start the vehicle.
reading the manual is important. It helps owners understand how the system works. Thanks for posting.

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sometimes I just donā€™t understand you whippersnappers. It isnā€™t like you need a hand truck to bring your key or fob into your home. There is absolutely no upside to leaving the key or fob in the vehicle.
Unless you don't have a place you like to carry it. I loved using my keypad on my F-150 every day at work. Fob in the truck. I didn't have to carry my keys in my pocket.

I'm no whippersnapper, I just don't like stuff in my pockets.
Sponsored