Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

**I did not purchase the $10 installation option at time of the part purchase. I have no idea how that experience would go**

Be sure to call multiple dealerships if you plan on getting the keyless entry keypad programmed. Most dealerships were in the $165 range (1 hr of labor) but one guy said it could be from $165 to $315. I eventually found a big named dealership in Houston (Autonation Ford Katy) whose aftermarket department did it for $55.

So maybe try dealerships with Aftermarket departments and call around.

It took about 1.5 hrs and that was primarily b/c the tech who was scheduled to do it called in sick.

Overall it was an easy experience.
Sponsored

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So dealers wonā€™t honor the install price listed on the accessories page? Seems when I purchased mine it said $10 install.
Ford Bronco PSA:  Pricing for Keyless Entry Keypad Programming C824555B-B832-46FC-8EF2-78E8EF464117

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So dealers wonā€™t honor the install price listed on the accessories page? Seems when I purchased mine it said $30 install.

I'll updated the main post but I didn't purchase that install option. I purchased it through Flip on this page.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'll updated the main post but I didn't purchase that install option. I purchased it through Flip on this page.
I didnā€™t either I thought I could do it with forscan and couldnā€™t. Had a friend that works at a ford dealer do it for $50. Took maybe 20 minutes.
I should mention I do have the remote start on fob. It may be different if you do not have remote start on your fob.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I didnā€™t either I thought I could do it with forscan and couldnā€™t. Had a friend that works at a ford dealer do it for $50. Took maybe 20 minutes.
I think it may have taken this guy 4 actual mins based on my securialerts lol. But the reason i was there 1.5 hrs was b/c he squeezed this install in b/c the original tech was sick.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it may have taken this guy 4 actual mins based on my securialerts lol. But the reason i was there 1.5 hrs was b/c he squeezed this install in b/c the original tech was sick.
Yeah the programming step takes like a grand total of 5 minutes. Takes longer to pull the vehicle into the shop than it does to actually program it.

BUT, it is pretty common for dealers and auto shops to round-up labor to the nearest half hour. If it takes 5 minutes you get billed for 30 minutes of labor.

Soā€¦ pro-tip for anyone thinking about this in the futureā€¦ best to combine this sorta stuff with other routine maintenance and/or accessory installs.

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the programming myself with our FDRS software at work. It probably was about 20 minutes total with most of that spent trying to get it to work right. It is about 3-4 minutes in reality with most of the extra time trying to get the software to cooperate.

I'm guessing the $10 installation is for the dealer to peel off the adhesive backing and stick it to your door. Not programming it.

Last edited:

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I purchased mine through Ford accessories via mail. Realized it had to be programmed to the car on Day 2 of ownership. Went back to the dealer, NW Houston, on ownership Day 3 and talked to my salesman. He took me and the car (and all the keys) over to ā€œMauriceā€ one of their senior mechanics, who programmed it in about 10 minutes.

Dropping off a bottle of Jack Danials this afternoon to ā€œpayā€ for their effort!

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did the programming myself with out FDRS software at work. It probably was about 20 minutes total with most of that spent trying to get it to work right. It is about 3-4 minutes in reality with most of the extra time trying to get the software to cooperate.

I'm guessing the $10 installation is for the dealer to peel off the adhesive backing and stick it to your door. Not programming it.
I dread going to dealers so before I went i searched the web for ways to program it myself and the only way i found required buying a license to some chinese knockoff of Ford's system. I wasn't about to do that. Haven't heard of anybody doing it without fords software. So kudo's to you!

JBlanco

Base
First Name
Julio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BaseSquatch, 2023 Tesla Y Performance
Your Bronco Model
Base
I did the programming myself with out FDRS software at work. It probably was about 20 minutes total with most of that spent trying to get it to work right. It is about 3-4 minutes in reality with most of the extra time trying to get the software to cooperate.

can you point to the instructions on how to do this without the FDRS software?
Thanks.

Sponsored

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dread going to dealers so before I went i searched the web for ways to program it myself and the only way i found required buying a license to some chinese knockoff of Ford's system. I wasn't about to do that. Haven't heard of anybody doing it without fords software. So kudo's to you!
can you point to the instructions on how to do this without the FDRS software?
Thanks.
Sorry guys, typo. I edited my post. It should have said with OUR fdrs software at work. Not with out. As far as I know there is no aftermarket way to do it.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well that sucks, I remember the old days when you could program it yourself.

I've had my keyless entry for 2 months and the local Ford dealer says they are a month out.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well that sucks, I remember the old days when you could program it yourself.

I've had my keyless entry for 2 months and the local Ford dealer says they are a month out.
Find a dealer with an after market dept. They got me in the next morning.

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I eventually found a big named dealership in Houston (Autonation Ford Katy) whose aftermarket department did it for $55.
Good to know, that dealership isn't too far off the beaten path from work.

Still need to order mine through Flip, wanted it on the B-pillar instead of the door, so I didn't order it from the factory.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Good to know, that dealership isn't too far off the beaten path from work.

Still need to order mine through Flip, wanted it on the B-pillar instead of the door, so I didn't order it from the factory.
That's exactly what I did. Ordered it from Flip then called (I think his name was Eugene) at AutoNation ford Katy. Next morning I had it put on for $55!
Sponsored