Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're either the type of person that loves the keyless entry keypad, or the type that rarely uses it. But now that it is no longer available from the factory, seemed like a good time to record a how-to video in case you want to buy one and add it yourself.

Note that you will need FDRS in order to complete the steps, and because of that, for most people it will be more economical to simply have your dealer do it. But in case you wanted to tackle it yourself, or if you just wanted to see what the dealer actually does... now you have all the info.

Keypads can be purchased from your dealer's parts counter or HERE on Ford Accessories.

Ford Bronco How to install & program a keyless entry keypad on your Bronco 1710343656038-tf

ps. If anyone in the New England area wants to have a keypad programmed for their Bronco, feel free to PM me.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow, that was much easier than I was expecting. Great video!
The FJDS method on the pre-2018 vehicles was a bit painful (mostly just a lot of tedious typing). But yeah... on FDRS it is stupid simple.

I know a lot of automotive shops & dealerships charge 1 hour minimum for any work they do beyond an oil change. Which... I'll admit usually makes sense. But one hour labor for this sorta stuff is a bit silly.

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I recently purchased a keyless entry keypad from Ford accessories along with installation. It was installed and works correctly.

My question is, has anyone been able to add a personal code to the keypad?
If so, can you walk me through your programming experience? I understand you enter the factory code and then press 1 , at that point what should the LED be doing? And what color should it be? Then you are supposed to enter your new five digit code.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I recently purchased a keyless entry keypad from Ford accessories along with installation. It was installed and works correctly.

If so, can you walk me through your programming experience? I understand you enter the factory code and then press 1 , at that point what should the LED be doing? And what color should it be? Then you are supposed to enter your new five digit code.

Thank you
It's obviously blurred in the YouTube video since I am typing in my master code. But I just watched the raw footage.
  1. I type in the master code, doors unlocked
  2. After a short pause, I press and hold the 1/2 button until the LED blinks once or twice and stops. Now I'm in programming mode.
  3. Type in my personal code, after which the LEDs blink a few times and the doors do a lock/unlock cycle to confirm the code.

Sponsored

Bubbbba

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does the window drop that you prior programmed to work with the key fob unlock function when you unlock via the keypad?

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great info! Hopefully, people can tackle this on their own.

My biggest gripe is that Securicode doesn't look like this on a post-2020 vehicle:
Ford Bronco How to install & program a keyless entry keypad on your Bronco 1000010864

Ford has its reasons:
Location? Everything is removable... but their solution still mounts somewhere.

Put it on the, not usually removed, mirror arms. Ford designed them to avoid the Jeep doorless mirror problem, so use 'em, right?

^^^- May have talked myself into adding one of these on the mirror arm, haha.

Bruno

Base
First Name
Bruno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think it takes seven minutes on average of going through the sequence optiions, methodically, to find the code and open the door.
You can find the list online

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the window drop that you prior programmed to work with the key fob unlock function when you unlock via the keypad?
Yes it does.

My biggest gripe is that Securicode doesn't look like this on a post-2020 vehicle:
1000010864.jpg

Ford has its reasons:
Location? Everything is removable... but their solution still mounts somewhere.

Put it on the, not usually removed, mirror arms. Ford designed them to avoid the Jeep doorless mirror problem, so use 'em, right?

^^^- May have talked myself into adding one of these on the mirror arm, haha.
Ooooo the mirror arm is a good idea.

But yeah, supposedly the reason why it's not on the Bronco is because of the removable doors. Which... fine... whatever.

No such excuse exists for the other vehicles they removed it from though.

Last edited:

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

Thank you
Did you have any trouble getting it installed for the online $25 fee? I've held off because not everyone has had luck finding a dealership to install for that price. My area can be shady with some dealerships, and I don't feel like doing an egg hunt looking for an installer.

Sponsored

fireman297

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I found another great place to install the pad and have it hidden is on the inside of the gas door.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco How to install & program a keyless entry keypad on your Bronco 1000010864
Our '04 F150 had the chunky buttons. Our '14 Escape had the sleek hidden capacitive touch pad as above. I thought we had graduated from chunky buttons until I saw the Bronco keypad. I didn't order it because I didn't want it stuck on the door and I wasn't sure if that was something the dealer installed (stuck on) or the factory did. The slightly higher price to order it separately and be able to put it inside the fuel door is worth it. But it sure would have been nice to have the hidden buttons.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did you have any trouble getting it installed for the online $25 fee? I've held off because not everyone has had luck finding a dealership to install for that price. My area can be shady with some dealerships, and I don't feel like doing an egg hunt looking for an installer.
When you order a part online and choose to include installation, you will be given a list of nearby dealers from which to choose where you will have the part installed. If a dealer is listed, it will honor the installation price.

Last edited:

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's obviously blurred in the YouTube video since I am typing in my master code. But I just watched the raw footage.
  1. I type in the master code, doors unlocked
  2. After a short pause, I press and hold the 1/2 button until the LED blinks once or twice and stops. Now I'm in programming mode.
  3. Type in my personal code, after which the LEDs blink a few times and the doors do a lock/unlock cycle to confirm the code.
Thank you for the clarification. I followed your instructions and I got it programmed.

Thank You

Murg

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes it does.

Ooooo the mirror arm is a good idea.

But yeah, supposedly the reason why it's not on the Bronco is because of the removable doors. Which... fine... whatever.

No such excuse exists for the other vehicles they removed it from though.

Yeah, but if you take the doors off.. you won't really need the keypad to unlock them, do you????
Since, you know, there are no doors for it to unlock.....
Sponsored