First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I bought the add on keyless door entry. I see YouTube video about how to program it by turning the ignition on and off a number of times and then you push certain buttons on the keyfob and new door unit. My BB doesn't have a keyed ignition and only the push button start. Is there a way to do it yourself?
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You can indeed do it yourself, but it requires FDRS—the same software dealerships use.

You can get a 2-day license of FDRS for $50. You'll also need an x86-64 Windows laptop and a J2534-compatible VCI (vehicle communication interface).

The official Ford VCI that most dealerships use is called the VCM3, and it costs roughly $1500 (edit: now $1800). You can get significantly cheaper VCIs online for around ~$120 but whether they are actually fully functional or not and will work with FDRS can be a little hit-or-miss in my experience. The cheapest VCI I'm aware of that seems to work really well is the OPUS Mongoose-Plus... costs around $550.

---

The older method you are referring to is possible on some of the older keypads—but not on Ford's latest and greatest security system.

OP
OP
Shacky4

Shacky4

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Well, I don't mind the 2 day license of FDRS, but the cost of the VCI for a one time use seems prohibitive. I guess I'll have to suck it up and have the dealer do it.
Sponsored