Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
´23 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I own the European Bronco and miss the option to disable the keyless entry.
How can I do it?
Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ich habe diese Frage noch nie gesehen. Ich werde nachschauen.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Einstellungen Menu.
Fahrzeugeinstellungen ok.
Schloesser ok.
Intelligent Access schalten aus.

Ich hoffe, das hat geholfen!

OP
OP
Atro

Atro

Badlands
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
´23 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!
I also found this, but my menu do not offer this option :)

--
  1. Go to Settings > Press the menu button
  2. Go to Vehicle Settings > Press the OK button
  3. Go to Locks > Press the OK button
  4. Go to Intelligent Access > Press the OK button
--

I do not have "locks", I can show you a picture next week.

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you!
I also found this, but my menu do not offer this option :)

--
  1. Go to Settings > Press the menu button
  2. Go to Vehicle Settings > Press the OK button
  3. Go to Locks > Press the OK button
  4. Go to Intelligent Access > Press the OK button
--

I do not have "locks", I can show you a picture next week.
I am going to go to my Bronco now and see if I can help.
We very well may have different systems. I am not sure.
Excuse my bad German as well :LOL:

OP
OP
Atro

Atro

Badlands
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
´23 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your German is perfect, much better than my english :)

Ja die haben da einiges verändert. Obwohl es ja ein US Auto ist, das nur importiert wurde. Das fängt schon bei der Fernbedienung an. Die hat nur auf und zu und die anderen buttons fehlen.

Aber vielleicht kann man das über forescan abschalten. Ich brauche es nämlich nicht und habe keine Lust immer die Schlüssel in Boxen zu tun. Die klauen bei uns regelmäßig Autos mit keyless entry.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I
Your German is perfect, much better than my english :)

Ja die haben da einiges verändert. Obwohl es ja ein US Auto ist, das nur importiert wurde. Das fängt schon bei der Fernbedienung an. Die hat nur auf und zu und die anderen buttons fehlen.

Aber vielleicht kann man das über forescan abschalten. Ich brauche es nämlich nicht und habe keine Lust immer die Schlüssel in Boxen zu tun. Die klauen bei uns regelmäßig Autos mit keyless entry.
Ich habe gerade nachgeschaut un konnte nich finden, wie es geht.

So I looked and I couldn't figure out how to do it. Anyone have any idea?

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Wo in Deutschland? Mein Vater aus Bremerhaven kommt.

OP
OP
Atro

Atro

Badlands
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
´23 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PN

Sponsored

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I'm only catching a portion of what you're throwing down ...but I can see that the likelihood here is probably going to be that you would want to use Ford's fdrs and also forscan...
Here's what I would do. First I would find a comparable model in the United States and get the VIN number off of that that I was going to use....next go into foreskan and in a couple of the modules you will want to change the VIN number to the new vin. PCM CCM and DDCM.

Then switch to Ford's fdrs, next do a PMI and configuration on the modules that are affected...PCM and maybe door control module??? @flip @Ducati1098 might know which modules.

then revert back to foreskan and change the VIN back to your normal one.

This should change all the features to the American version on that module.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Handles, Locks, Latches and Entry Systems - System Operation and Component Description
System Operation

System Diagram

SignalsHornBCMPassive KeyPATS Front AntennasTailgate LatchDDMPDMLeft Door Lock Control SwitchPATS Center AntennaPATS Rear AntennasTailgate Release HandleDoor LatchesIPCE352768Right Door Lock Control SwitchFront Exterior Door Handles
Network Message Chart

BCM Network Input Messages

Broadcast MessageOriginating ModuleMessage Purpose
Vehicle speed PCMThe BCM uses the vehicle speed data for the autolock and auto-unlock features.
Door lock switch statusDDM / PDMProvides the BCM with lock/unlock requests based on the input from the door lock control switch.

IPC Module Network Input Messages

Broadcast MessageOriginating ModuleMessage Purpose
Message center feature configuration IPCProvides the BCM configuration settings selected by the driver of the vehicle, such as autolock and auto-unlock settings.

Power Door and Tailgate Locks

NOTE:
The BCM temporarily disables the power door locks for approximately 15 seconds when they are constantly cycled for an extended period of time (more than 10 seconds, for example).

The BCM controls the door locks using field-effect transistors (FETs) (driver door unlock/passenger doors unlock/all doors lock/tailgate lock and unlock). When the field-effect transistors (FETs) are not energized, ground is provided on both circuits to the actuators within the latches. When an unlock field-effect transistor (FET) energizes, voltage is provided to one side of the actuator to unlock the door(s). When the lock field-effect transistors (FETs) energizes, the polarity is reversed and the actuators lock the doors.

When a front door lock control switch is pressed, the ground signal is routed to DDM or PDM then a message is sent to the BCM indicating a request to lock or unlock the doors.

In the event of a failure of the power door locks, the doors can be individually locked using the manual door lock. The driver front door can also be manually locked or unlocked using the door lock cylinder.

Based upon input from the front exterior door handles ,the tailgate release handle (if equipped with PATS ) and the passive key, the BCM energizes the appropriate field-effect transistors (FETs) to lock or unlock the doors and tailgate.

Switch Inhibit Feature

The switch inhibit feature prevents unauthorized access to the vehicle from the door lock control switches. The BCM disables the function of both door lock control switches 20 seconds after the vehicle is electronically locked. If any of these switches are activated while they are inhibited, a chime sounds and a message is displayed in the message center to indicate the switches are inhibited. The BCM enables the function of these switches when the vehicle is electronically unlocked.

This feature can be configured on/off through the message center.

Power Door Locking Feedback

The exterior lamps and horn provide visual and audible feedback when unlocking and locking the doors under certain circumstances. Refer to the following table:

Action​
Status of Door(s)​
Status of Hood​
Visual/Audible Feedback​
Press the lock button on the door lock control switchOpenClosedA short flash of the turn signals after all the doors are closed.
Press the unlock button on a RKE transmitterClosedClosedA long flash of the turn signals.
Press the lock button on a RKE transmitterClosedClosedA short flash of the turn signals.
Press the lock button on a RKE transmitterOpenClosedA short flash of the turn signals after all the doors are closed.
Press the lock button on a RKE transmitterClosedOpenA short flash of the turn signals after the hood is closed.
Press the lock button on a RKE transmitter twice within 3 secondsClosedClosedThe horn chirps twice and the turn signals flash twice.
Press the lock button on a RKE transmitter twice within 3 secondsOpenClosedThe horn immediately chirps twice and the turn signals flash twice after all the doors are closed.
Press the lock button on a RKE transmitter twice within 3 secondsClosedOpenThe horn immediately chirps twice and the turn signals flash twice after the hood is closed.

There is also feedback provided by the vehicle to the key for the remote start feature. For additional information regarding the remote start feedback, refer to the Owner's Literature.

RKE

The RKE feature is controlled by the BCM . When a button is pressed, the Transmitter Identification Code (TIC) and RKE command is received by the RTM . The RTM interprets the information and sends a message to the BCM over a LIN circuit, and when the network is awake over the CAN . If the BCM detects a valid programmed key, it carries out the command by controlling the door locks, releasing the tailgate latch or activating the horn or turn signals as required.

The RKE system can be used to:

• unlock the driver door.
  • unlock all doors and the tailgate.
  • lock all doors and the tailgate.
  • arm/disarm the perimeter alarm.
  • activate/deactivate the panic alarm.
  • remotely start the vehicle.
  • configure the staged lock programming (2-stage unlock or global unlock).
The passive key have a normal operating range of 50 m (165 ft) in an open air, no obstruction environment.

The passive key and the BCM also utilize a rolling code to prevent the code from being captured by a code grabber. The system advances the counter in the RKE transmitter and the BCM every time a RKE transmitter button is pressed.

The message center displays Key Battery Low Replace Soon when the battery in the key needs to be replaced.

The RKE is part of vehicle load shed strategy. For additional information
Refer to: Battery Load Shed (414-01 Battery, Mounting and Cables, Description and Operation).

Passive Key Unlock

The RKE feature provides a staged process for unlocking the doors and tailgate. Upon receipt of the first request for unlocking the doors, the RKE feature unlocks only the driver door. If another unlock request is received within 3 seconds of the first, all the doors and the tailgate are unlocked. This feature can be disabled so that all the doors unlock on the first press of the unlock button (global unlock) using the message center settings.

All vehicles come from the factory set with the 2-stage unlock feature disabled (single press unlocks all doors).

Passive Key Lock

The RKE feature requests all of the doors and tailgate lock when the lock button is pressed.

Panic Alarm (if equipped)

The panic alarm feature provides audible and visual alarms which are evident from the exterior of the vehicle. When the panic alarm button is initially pressed, the panic alarm feature requests the turn signals flash and the horn sounds for up to 3 minutes or until deactivation. The flashing of the outputs occurs simultaneously.

The panic alarm can only be activated when the ignition is off. This feature is disabled at all other times. Deactivation of an active panic alarm is accomplished when:

• a second press of the RKE transmitter panic button is detected.
  • the ignition status changes from off.
  • a period of 2 minutes and 45 seconds have elapsed since the initial activation.
Remote Start (if equipped)

NOTE:
Not all remote start fobs have 2-way communication.

The factory-installed remote start allows the vehicle to be remotely started from outside the vehicle. There is a 2- way communication between the passive key and the vehicle to provide the remote start status of the vehicle. The passive key contains a green and a red LED to indicate the remote start status.

LED​
Status​
Blinking greenWaiting for status update from vehicle
Blinking redRemote start/stop failed
Solid greenRemote start or extension successful
Solid redRemote stop successful (engine off)

To remotely start the vehicle, press the lock button once and then the remote start button twice within 3 seconds of each other. The vehicle should remotely start and the LED on the passive key should be lit solid green.

The vehicle does not remote start if any of the following conditions are present:

• The feature is disabled using the message center settings.
  • The hood is not closed.
  • The vehicle is not in PARK.
  • A powertrain system DTC is present, illuminating the service engine soon indicator.
  • The ignition is on.
  • The alarm system is triggered.
  • The vehicle battery voltage is low.
For additional information regarding the remote start system, refer to the Owner's Literature.

Autolock (if equipped)

The autolock feature locks all of the doors after all of the following have occurred:

• All the doors and tailgate are closed.
  • The ignition is on.
  • The vehicle is shifted into any gear to put the vehicle in motion.
  • The vehicle attains a speed greater than 20 km/h (12.4 mph).
The autolock feature activates again during the same ignition cycle when all of the following have occurred:

• The vehicle speed is reduced to less than 15 km/h (9.3 mph).
  • A door or tailgate is opened and then closed.
  • The vehicle attains a speed greater than 20 km/h (12.4 mph).
For additional information on autolock features, refer to Owner's Literature.

Auto-Unlock (if equipped)

NOTE:
The doors do not auto-unlock if the vehicle has been electronically locked before the driver door is unlocked.

The auto-unlock feature unlocks all of the doors when all of the following conditions have been met:

• All the doors and tailgate are closed and locked.
  • The ignition was on.
  • The vehicle was shifted out of park and a speed greater than 20 km/h (12.4 mph) was achieved.
  • The vehicle has come to a stop.
  • The ignition transitions to accessory or off and, within 10 minutes, the driver door is opened.
For additional information on auto-unlock features, refer to Owner's Literature.

Smart Unlock

The smart unlock feature prevents the vehicle from electronically locking when a passive key is left inside the vehicle. When the doors are electronically locked while a door is ajar and then closed, the interior of the vehicle is scanned for a passive key. If a valid programmed passive key is detected inside the vehicle, the BCM unlocks the doors and chirps the horn twice.

To override the smart unlock feature, lock the doors using the door lock cylinder or another valid programmed passive key.

Passive Entry (if equipped)

The passive entry feature unlocks or locks the doors and the tailgate without having to use a mechanical key blade or the RKE transmitter feature.

When the BCM detects a lock or unlock sensor is touched on an exterior door handle, or the tailgate release handle, it activates a low frequency antenna. The low frequency antenna sends out a signal to activate the passive key. The passive key then responds by sending a high frequency signal back to the RTM . The RTM interprets the high frequency signal from the passive key and sends the information to the BCM . If the BCM detects a valid programmed passive key, the BCM either unlocks the driver door, unlocks or locks all doors and the tailgate.

Door Passive Entry

With a valid programmed passive key within 1 m (3.28 ft) outside a door, touch the lock or unlock capacitive touch sensor on the exterior door handle. The doors lock or unlock depending upon which capacitive touch sensor was touched on the handle. The unlock button is located on the inside of the handle and the lock button is located on the outside top face of the handle.

The driver front door passive entry feature either unlocks the driver door (if 2-stage unlock is enabled) or all three doors (if staged unlock is disabled). The passive entry feature always locks all the doors when the lock button is touched.

The passenger door passive entry feature always locks or unlocks all the doors.

Tailgate Passive Entry

With a valid programmed passive key within 1 m (3.28 ft) outside the tailgate, touch the lock or unlock capacitive touch sensor on the tailgate door handle. The doors and tailgate lock or unlock depending upon which capacitive touch sensor was touched on the handle. The unlock button is located on the inside of the handle and the lock button is located on the outside top face of the handle.

The tailgate passive entry feature always locks or unlocks all the doors and tailgate.

The passive entry (Intelligent Access) feature is part of vehicle load shed strategy. For additional information
Refer to: Battery Load Shed (414-01 Battery, Mounting and Cables, Description and Operation).

Component Description

Component Description

Door Lock Control Switches

The door lock control switches are double pole, single throw switches. When a switch is pressed to lock or unlock, the corresponding input circuit is routed to ground, indicating to the DDM or PDM that there is a request to lock or unlock the doors.

Door Latches

The door lock actuators and ajar switches are integral part of the door latches. The door lock actuators operate in 2 directions, depending on the polarity of the voltage.

Tailgate Release Handle

The tailgate release handle contains capacitive touch sensors. The capacitive touch sensors are wired to the BCM . When activated, the capacitive touch sensors sends a signal to activate the door.

Tailgate Latch

The tailgate lock actuator and ajar switch are integral part of the tailgate latch. The tailgate lock actuator operate in 2 directions, depending on the polarity of the voltage. The tailgate latch can be manually locked and unlocked in an emergency. For additional information. refer to Owners Literature.

DDM or PDM

The DDM and the PDM monitor the door lock control switches and control the operation of the power locks. They communicate with each other and the BCM over the CAN .

The DDM and PDM require PMI when replaced.

Passive Key

The passive key incorporates both the PATS and RKE functions in a single device.

During key programming procedures, the PATS and RKE transmitter Identification (ID) of a passive key are both programmed. A maximum of 4 passive keys can be programmed.

The passive key also contains a removable key blade that locks and unlocks the driver door in the event of an electrical failure (such as a drained battery). The passive key requires 2 batteries. They should always be replaced as a set. For battery replacement instructions, refer to the Owner's Literature.

To start the vehicle in the event of a passive key battery failure, place the passive key in the backup starting location. For more information and to identify the backup starting location, refer to the Owners Literature.

Exterior Door Handles

The exterior front door handles contain a capacitive touch sensors. The capacitive touch sensors are wired to the BCM . When activated, the capacitive touch sensors sends a signal to activate the door.

The rear door handles are not equipped with capacitive touch sensors.

RTM

The RTM communicates all RKE and passive key information to the BCM over a LIN -based circuit whether or not the CAN is active. The RTM is a receiving antenna that receives the high frequency signals from passive keys.

The RTM requires PMI when replaced.

BCM

The BCM is the primary module in control of the power door lock system. It is responsible for locking/unlocking the doors. The BCM receives inputs for the door lock control switches, passive keys and RKE commands over the CAN .

The BCM requires PMI when replaced and at least 2 keys programmed to it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm very confused. Are we talking about just disabling the fob from locking/unlocking the vehicle?

OP
OP
Atro

Atro

Badlands
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
´23 Bronco 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm very confused. Are we talking about just disabling the fob from locking/unlocking the vehicle?
We are talking about disabling this:

"The passive entry feature unlocks or locks the doors and the tailgate without having to use a mechanical key blade or the RKE transmitter feature."

At the German/ European software version, I have no option to disable this function. I want to disable it.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We are talking about disabling this:

"The passive entry feature unlocks or locks the doors and the tailgate without having to use a mechanical key blade or the RKE transmitter feature."

At the German/ European software version, I have no option to disable this function. I want to disable it.
The easiest way, since you do not have the option like other Broncos, would be to simply just unplug the door handles. Unless there is a quick forscan option, but I have no knowledge of that.
The exterior handles are very easy to remove and unplug it would really take no time at all.
Sponsored