Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still no luck. I show no license on my motocraft account using the email and password I set up. If I login using the helm user name and password the license is there.
Yeah it won’t show any active subscriptions on the Motorcraft website—that’s normal.

Did you have to type in the license key you got from Helm into FDRS??
Sponsored

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works. Got the door modules updated but no the key code. What is ignition on position ii?

OP
OP
RagnarKon

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Working. I uninstalled and reinstalled and it works. Got the door modules updated but no the key code. What is ignition on position ii?
It's just accessory mode.

The keypad program is used on a variety of vehicles. Position II is for vehicles that still have a physical key for the ignition. But on Bronco it's just accessory mode.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
It's just accessory mode.

The keypad program is used on a variety of vehicles. Position II is for vehicles that still have a physical key for the ignition. But on Bronco it's just accessory mode.
Thanks I followed the on screen directions but the key pad does not work. I am pretty sure when you pressed 78 and 90 your bronco locked as you were programming it. . Mine does not. I was programming with the door open maybe I should not have done that. My laptops power was down to 5% so I will try again later. Thanks for the help.

Suttontj

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's the key in the car part that is the weak link.
When I go to the beach I put the key in a faraday pouch and put that in my gun lock box under and attached to the seat. It's a fingerprint reader and works very well. Now I don't feel like I need to watchdog my Bronco the whole time. I've left it with the doors off a few times as well.

Sponsored

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When I ordered it on line , I also looked up and used a %20 discount code, there was a line item for instilation ,$24, I checked it. My local dealership was listed, I did not purchase the truck from them but there parts guys are great. There is a notice that the keypad is not returnable but I told the online parts customer rep that i would refuse the keypad if I could not get the instalation for the agreed amount as it is useless without instilation, he agreed.
I didn't have to worrie as the dealership gave me an appointment and an hour later I was leaving, keypad installed and a printed recept with $0 balance.

Pacdad

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The keypad was one of the better accessories I bought. I love mine. The fewer things to carry around like a key fob the better.

I also keep mine on the inside of the gas door. It's the perfect location.

Pacdad

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How do you guys lock the fob in the car without the double-honk and subsequent door unlocking?

Ricktdy

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 F-250, 03 Mustang GT, 13 Fusion, 05 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I recently purchased a keyless entry keypad from Ford accessories along with installation. It was installed and works correctly.

My question is, has anyone been able to add a personal code to the keypad?
If so, can you walk me through your programming experience? I understand you enter the factory code and then press 1 , at that point what should the LED be doing? And what color should it be? Then you are supposed to enter your new five digit code.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you

I did the same thing but the dealer where it was send told me that the "installation" I purchased with it did not include the programming. So I paid the install only to have them stick it on my bronco. Ford accessories did refund the install price but did not answer my question of why they offer the install, but it is not actually installed.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How do you guys lock the fob in the car without the double-honk and subsequent door unlocking?
I've never experienced this in the entire time I've owned the car and locked the fob in the car using the keypad.

Sponsored

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you push the 6/7 and 8/9 buttons on the keypad at the same time, it will let you lock the keys in the car without screaming at you.

But if you try to just lock the doors with the door panel switch and close the doors with the keys still in there, yeah, you will get told off.

ecasazza

Black Diamond
First Name
Everett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pilot, Avalon, Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I did the same thing but the dealer where it was send told me that the "installation" I purchased with it did not include the programming. So I paid the install only to have them stick it on my bronco. Ford accessories did refund the install price but did not answer my question of why they offer the install, but it is not actually installed.
Well I ordered the keypad online at ford accessories with instalation. Had the pickup dealer local "Freehold Ford" they completed the install mounting and programming at the ordered price. Great dealership. (BTW I did not purchase my truck from them)

Pacdad

Big Bend
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've never experienced this in the entire time I've owned the car and locked the fob in the car using the keypad.
Thanks, I was under the impression that I could lock the door with the inside lock/unlock button (which would keep me from being obvious by opening my gas filler door, which is where my keypad is). It makes complete sense that the Bronco would recognize the fob being in proximity and warn me and not “allow” me to accidentally lock the doors with the fob inside. Thanks again.

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks, I was under the impression that I could lock the door with the inside lock/unlock button (which would keep me from being obvious by opening my gas filler door, which is where my keypad is). It makes complete sense that the Bronco would recognize the fob being in proximity and warn me and not “allow” me to accidentally lock the doors with the fob inside. Thanks again.
I see. Yes do what the post above says and lock the car with the keypad and not the door and you won’t get squawked at.
Sponsored