Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah the programming step takes like a grand total of 5 minutes. Takes longer to pull the vehicle into the shop than it does to actually program it.

BUT, it is pretty common for dealers and auto shops to round-up labor to the nearest half hour. If it takes 5 minutes you get billed for 30 minutes of labor.

So… pro-tip for anyone thinking about this in the future… best to combine this sorta stuff with other routine maintenance and/or accessory installs.
Common practice for anyone who charges an hourly rate, not just mechanics. Many even have a 1 hour minimum charge.
Sponsored

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't the keypad just behave like a 3rd key? I thought you could program your own keys as long as you had two masters. At least you could with my previous ford's.

OP
OP
Matsterious

Matsterious

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Doesn't the keypad just behave like a 3rd key? I thought you could program your own keys as long as you had two masters. At least you could with my previous ford's.
I believe that's older fords. Now they log into a proprietary software and enter the keys code. It has to be done at a dealership (or at least with their proprietary software)

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I did the programming myself with our FDRS software at work. It probably was about 20 minutes total with most of that spent trying to get it to work right. It is about 3-4 minutes in reality with most of the extra time trying to get the software to cooperate.

I'm guessing the $10 installation is for the dealer to peel off the adhesive backing and stick it to your door. Not programming it.
Do you need the 48 digit code? I dont have one. I have the card that came with it but dealer claims i need one

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you need the 48 digit code? I dont have one. I have the card that came with it but dealer claims i need one
It should be on the same card. I followed the process in this video

Sponsored