Sponsored

Adding Keyless entry on the door handle?

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible to add keyless entry to the door handle post-purchase? This is separate from the keypad. It's part of the mid package and up when you pull on the door handle with the key nearby, the door unlocks.

SOLVED: it’s called intelligent access and infeasible to add aftermarket
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Anything is possible with enough money and time.

If it’s anything like the F150.. you’re going to need new handles, new wiring harnesses, a new RTM module and then do all the programming.

OP
OP

RainbowStix

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anything is possible with enough money and time.

If it’s anything like the F150.. you’re going to need new handles, new wiring harnesses, a new RTM module and then do all the programming.
Ah makes sense, so not feasible. Thought there was a possibility of it being pre-wired and you just buy the correct handles...

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ah makes sense, so not feasible. Thought there was a possibility of it being pre-wired and you just buy the correct handles...
I haven’t seen anyone try it on a Bronco, but unfortunately I doubt it’s that easy.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I looked into it when I was deciding between the Mid package and the Standard package.

It's very much like what @Ducati1098 said. Wiring, antennas, whole new set of modules, programming, etc. etc. Don't know what the price is now, but it was just shy of $4000 in parts when I checked back in late 2021. Considering the Mid package is only $1,495... didn't make sense.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is it possible to add keyless entry to the door handle post-purchase? This is separate from the keypad. It's part of the mid package and up when you pull on the door handle with the key nearby, the door unlocks.
No, you’re talking about Intelligent Access. That cannot be added later, it wouldn’t be anywhere close to practical.
Sponsored