Sponsored

Keyless entry on doors not locking tailgate (and vice versa)

Bripi

Badlands
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I use the keyless entry lock button (not keypad) on my front door, it will not lock or unlock my tailgate. Additionally, the tailgate keyless entry button only locks/unlocks the tailgate and not the front doors. Is this by design? Is there a way to have all doors & tailgate lock, regardless of which keyless entry button (tailgate or door) is touched?

This is on my 2 door 2023 Badlands SAS with the mid package and I've only had her for 2 months. To my knowledge, this has been going on the entire time and I only recently realized I was leaving at least one door on my car unlocked anytime I had accessed a door and the tailgate.
Sponsored

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've found the button on the door handle to be completely useless. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, sometimes it locks some doors but not all.

I just use the fob now, or just leave it unlocked.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you're talking about the "smart locks" then yes. front doors unlock the front, and tailgate unlocks the tailgate. Works that way for my 21 Wildtrak.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interesting. I do not have an issue with mines, always works.

Strizzo

Wildtrak
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus GX460, 1966 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

if you're talking about the "smart locks" then yes. front doors unlock the front, and tailgate unlocks the tailgate. Works that way for my 21 Wildtrak.
Thats how mine works, either front door unlocks everything, rear door only unlocks the rear. but if i lock the rear door it locks everything, same as the front.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The lock button on any handle should lock all doors including the tailgate.
The unlock depends on the handle being touched and whatever your current unlock settings are. There are different stages. If staged unlock is disabled it should unlock all doors, if 2 stage unlock is enabled it will only unlock the drivers door (when opening the drivers door)

This is from the workshop manual:

Door Passive Entry
With a valid programmed passive key within 1 m (3.28 ft) outside a door, touch the lock or unlock capacitive touch sensor on the exterior door handle. The doors lock or unlock depending upon which capacitive touch sensor was touched on the handle. The unlock button is located on the inside of the handle and the lock button is located on the outside top face of the handle.

The driver front door passive entry feature either unlocks the driver door (if 2-stage unlock is enabled) or all three doors (if staged unlock is disabled). The passive entry feature always locks all the doors when the lock button is touched.

The passenger door passive entry feature always locks or unlocks all the doors.

Tailgate Passive Entry
With a valid programmed passive key within 1 m (3.28 ft) outside the tailgate, touch the lock or unlock capacitive touch sensor on the tailgate door handle. The doors and tailgate lock or unlock depending upon which capacitive touch sensor was touched on the handle. The unlock button is located on the inside of the handle and the lock button is located on the outside top face of the handle.

The tailgate passive entry feature always locks or unlocks all the doors and tailgate.

OP
OP
Bripi

Bripi

Badlands
First Name
Bri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The lock button on any handle should lock all doors including the tailgate.
The unlock depends on the handle being touched and whatever your current unlock settings are. There are different stages. If staged unlock is disabled it should unlock all doors, if 2 stage unlock is enabled it will only unlock the drivers door (when opening the drivers door)

This is from the workshop manual:

Door Passive Entry
With a valid programmed passive key within 1 m (3.28 ft) outside a door, touch the lock or unlock capacitive touch sensor on the exterior door handle. The doors lock or unlock depending upon which capacitive touch sensor was touched on the handle. The unlock button is located on the inside of the handle and the lock button is located on the outside top face of the handle.

The driver front door passive entry feature either unlocks the driver door (if 2-stage unlock is enabled) or all three doors (if staged unlock is disabled). The passive entry feature always locks all the doors when the lock button is touched.

The passenger door passive entry feature always locks or unlocks all the doors.

Tailgate Passive Entry
With a valid programmed passive key within 1 m (3.28 ft) outside the tailgate, touch the lock or unlock capacitive touch sensor on the tailgate door handle. The doors and tailgate lock or unlock depending upon which capacitive touch sensor was touched on the handle. The unlock button is located on the inside of the handle and the lock button is located on the outside top face of the handle.

The tailgate passive entry feature always locks or unlocks all the doors and tailgate.
That is very helpful , and I wish mine was working like that. I don’t mind only specific doors unlocking, but would really like for every door to lock when i touch the lock button. Looks like I’ll need to reach out to the dealer to see if they have a solution to get mine working per the workshop manual.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

my rear door handle switches or sensors don't work either. never have. 21 FE. when locked , I can go to the rear door with key fob in hand, and I can't open the rear with the sensor...also the black lock sensor on the rear door doesn't work either. I always assumed it was because of my half cab modifications.

it used to be so messed up that it would ONLY unlock by pushing fob button, but after some forscan changes, it now unlocks and locks with the other doors at least. but the rear sensor still don't work.
Sponsored