Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I will start with saying I am a life long Ford guy. I have grown accustomed to always ordering the Keypad. I do not like the lack of integration on the Bronco keypad, but here is an example where it saved my butt on my F-150.

So walking out of work yesterday no different than any other day. In a bit of a hurry and running slightly late for my after work church commitment. I walk down the stairs from my office and open the Ford Pass app. Truck fob is in my backpack, so it is easier to start my truck with the app. I push my start button in the app just before my phone disconnects from the Wi-Fi in work, the app status just continues to spin. I suspect it is because of my recent disconnect from Wi-Fi, and my phone was rerouting. Anyway, by the time I get to my truck, the app is still spinning and the truck has not started. So I touch the passenger door handle with my fob still in my bag to put my bag and such in the passenger seat. Door unlocks, I toss my bag in and I go ahead and toss my phone in the truck as well. As I walk around the front of my truck to get in the drivers side, doors lock (which is customary with remote start), truck starts. Phone and fob inside. Can't call my wife to have her unlock it from her phone, cause I don't have my phone. So, long story short... keypad saved my butt. Walk right over, enter my code and the doors unlock. This was all a stars aligning perfect event, but it is something for you to think about. If I was not in a Ford with the keypad, what would I have done? :unsure:
Sponsored

Last edited:

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will start with saying I am a life long Ford guy. I have grown accustomed to always ordering the Keypad. I do not like the lack of integration on the Bronco keypad, but here is an example where it saved my but on my F-150.

So walking out of work yesterday no different than any other day. In a bit of a hurry and running slightly late for my after work church commitment. I walk down the stairs from my office and open the Ford Pass app. Truck fob is in my backpack, so it is easier to start my truck with the app. I push my start button in the app just before my phone disconnects from the Wi-Fi in work, the app status just continues to spin. I suspect it is because of my recent disconnect from Wi-Fi, and my phone was rerouting. Anyway, by the time I get to my truck, the app is still spinning and the truck has not started. So I touch the passenger door handle with my fob still in my bag to put my bag and such in the passenger seat. Door unlocks, I toss my bag in and I go ahead and toss my phone in the truck as well. As I walk around the front of my truck to get in the drivers side, doors lock (which is customary with remote start), truck starts. Phone and fob inside. Can't call my wife to have her unlock it from her phone, cause I don't have my phone. So, long story short... keypad saved my butt. Walk right over, enter my code and the doors unlock. This was all a stars aligning perfect event, but it is something for you to think about. If I was not in a Ford with the keypad, what would I have done? :unsure:
This is one of those rare cases this could happen. You can program your vehicle to not lock when your fob is inside however, this doesn't apply when using FP remote start. With the older touch pad system if you started your vehicle with the keys in and locked, the pad wouldn't unlock it. In this case you would've been hosed without the keypad. Only other thing you could have saved you is if you had hidden a door key somewhere on the vehicle.

Sponsored

11Bronco1776

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 1994.5 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will start with saying I am a life long Ford guy. I have grown accustomed to always ordering the Keypad. I do not like the lack of integration on the Bronco keypad, but here is an example where it saved my butt on my F-150.

Had no idea the Ford Pass tech was even a thing. My ford is a 94....sounds sweet.

Last edited:

MN_OuterBanks

Outer Banks
First Name
AW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I LOVE my keypads and rarely have keys on me. I however HATE the way it is on the bronco but ordered it anyway. They should have integrated into the pillar and not just used a cheap stick on POS, but I needed to have it.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am getting the key pad too I hate it when I forgot the fob to unlock the doors. We use it a lot on our Edge.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I LOVE my keypads and rarely have keys on me. I however HATE the way it is on the bronco but ordered it anyway. They should have integrated into the pillar and not just used a cheap stick on POS, but I needed to have it.
NO room on the pillar to mount it the door is fine for me. I can't live with out the key pad either.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Keypad is a must, but I hate the stuck on junk they gave us for Bronco. Im gonna buy after delivery and stick it in the fuel door or behind spare tire.

Sponsored
OP
OP
FourHorses

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Keypad is a must, but I hate the stuck on junk they gave us for Bronco. Im gonna buy after delivery and stick it in the fuel door or behind spare tire.
That is my plan as well.

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How easy is it to obtain the default code for a new Bronco? Is the code in the purchase paperwork? I had to crawl under the dash on my used fusion to get the code and avoid paying the dealership to get the code. It was awkward but easy to get.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is exactly why I passed on it, had it been part of the vehicle it would have been a no brainer.

OP
OP
FourHorses

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How easy is it to obtain the default code for a new Bronco? Is the code in the purchase paperwork? I had to crawl under the dash on my used fusion to get the code and avoid paying the dealership to get the code. It was awkward but easy to get.
In my f-150, I can change the code in sync 3 on the screen.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Reach in and grab your key or phone since there are no doors and no roof :sneaky:
Sponsored