Sponsored

Keyless Entry Pad - what do you use it for?

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I initially loved the gas door placement idea but then it had me thinking. I mean there are electronics within the keypad itself. Is there something to protect a malfunction or spark from hitting your gas if it’s on the door?
I would be pretty sure it is intrinsically safe (non-sparking).
Sponsored

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Use my f150s all the time, if my wife or kid needs to switch vehicles, drop something off in the truck, I'm going canoeing/kayaking/boating, I want my truck running with a/c when the dogs are with, etc.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good, I'm a fan of the placement. Anyone know if it's possible to buy an unpainted replacement cover? I can say from experience that the cover does come off but as far as parts goes I've only seen the keypad sold as a complete package.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

perfect to secure your car when the doors are off.
The rear door yes as mentioned that with the locker slide out drawer and console safe. Works great.

Sponsored

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think the keypad is a most have. I use mine almost everyday. If you set your Ford to auto lock it will lock the doors with keyfob inside the vehicle without sounding the horn. Unlike other manufactures (GM/ Toyota) that will sound the horn if you try to lock your key inside the vehicle, Ford's don't. Sometime you want to lock the key inside the vehicle, for example after servicing you tell your mechanic to lock put the key inside the vehicle. lock it and you will pick it up later..... don't have to go get your spare second keyfob... Lastly, I have three other Ford's with keypad and I have all programed them with the same code. Most of the time I leave the keys in my Fords, lock it with the keypad and unlock it with the keypad. I decide what vehicle to driving when I walk outside, without screwing with a phone app or avoid running around the house looking for keys. Having one code for all my Fords is a big plus to me. Also keyfobs wear with time, expensive to replace, need battaries,.... Keypad will save you money in the long run.

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I lock my keys and phone inside for the beach as well. Saw some others have posted Same thing. I put mine inside the fuel door.
Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad - what do you use it for? 9075D293-0D84-428A-832C-007BFBA68C39

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks good, I'm a fan of the placement. Anyone know if it's possible to buy an unpainted replacement cover? I can say from experience that the cover does come off but as far as parts goes I've only seen the keypad sold as a complete package.
The body color keypad is only a factory option. If you order from parts, they still come with the MIC cover. You can always order a new keypad and swap the cover. Or pop your cover and paint it black.

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As many have said: active lifestyle.
Open water swimmer? Cyclist? Mountain bike rider? Runner? These are all, wear less, go fast activities....
Also, there are times where you need someone to pickup a vehicle you left at the airport or a flipflop hiking adventure where someone picks up the vehicle at the start of the hike and moves it to the finish point a few days later.

schlotzj

Badlands
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Expedition Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want to buy the plastic painted (cactus gray) door keypad cover. If anyone took their keypad off and want to sell the cover please let me know!!

Sponsored

Tilzbow

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GM Sierra Diesel Pick Up
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

cyxpack

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great example today, depending on aftmkt accessories. Wife didn't realize with no doors can't get in back with diabolical enclosure. She put her purse with keys in there. The enclosure worked great, she couldn't get in. Now wish the keypad wasn't on doors in the garage. Will have to move to the fuel door lol.
"Keypad on the door in the garage", sorry about your situation but that made me laugh. I'm looking at the diabolical enclosure; issue noted.

When I'm not around with my phone, or the keys, kids & wife, can use the keypad, to get into the Bronco to retrieve something.

Example 1 when I go to an event, kids football game or track meet for example, I'll leave the rest of the family's stadium chairs, lunches, etc. in the truck. They can pick up their junk when they arrive without tracking me down.

Example 2 wife leaves her reading glasses on the dash after car trip. She can get them with out me tracking down me or the keys.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want to buy the plastic painted (cactus gray) door keypad cover. If anyone took their keypad off and want to sell the cover please let me know!!
Sorry I can't help you. But likewise, I'd be willing to trade my cyber orange cover for an unpainted keypad trim piece if anyone is interested. Maybe we need a thread for keypad cover swaps? lol

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sorry I can't help you. But likewise, I'd be willing to trade my cyber orange cover for an unpainted keypad trim piece if anyone is interested. Maybe we need a thread for keypad cover swaps? lol
I'm sure there are plenty from MY'21 that want to swap. While some have relocated the keypad to the B-Pillar where it somewhat blends in, the big impetus to move it to the fuel fill door was that the black MIC keypad was unsightly and looked like an afterthought against the backdrop of the body paint.

AZMikeL

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr, 2016 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mostly locking family members (human and/or dog) in when I run into a store to grab something. Need that A/C running all the time when it's 110 out! Also, if I go on a hike, will leave the keys in it so they won't get lost. Using the phone is often not an option out in the middle of nowhere.
Sponsored