Sponsored

Keyless Entry Pad - what do you use it for?

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Banned
I thought about getting a keyless entry pad on my Bronco, but ultimately went against it because I cannot think of a single use for it at this point. You cannot lock your keys in the Bronco, if the battery dies in the fob or the Bronco you can use the keyed entry, and you can also use your phone app to unlock the Bronco.

So...tell me what I'm missing. What do you use the keyless entry pad for on your Bronco?
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I use mine the most when going to the beach kayaking or anywhere I don’t want to carry a phone and keys. Doorless I use it even more as I can lock my fob in the rear storage drawer then lock the rear gate. I also installed mine on the B pillar not on the door.

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use mine the most when going to the beach kayaking or anywhere I don’t want to carry a phone and keys. Doorless I use it even more as I can lock my fob in the rear storage drawer then lock the rear gate. I also installed mine on the B pillar not on the door.
Any pic of the b-pillar placement? I put mine under the gas door like many others have done

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you can lock the keys in the bronco if you hit the right keys:

"....store keys in Bronco, exit Bronco, simultaneously press the 7-8 & 9-0 button on the keypad."

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/use-keypad-to-lock-keys-in-bronco.42261/

I also only plan on only really using this when I'm going to be swimming or going somewhere where everything is likely to get very wet or ruined somehow where it might be safer to take the chance of the keys being in the car than with me.

Strykerwsu

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holden Commodores
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great example today, depending on aftmkt accessories. Wife didn't realize with no doors can't get in back with diabolical enclosure. She put her purse with keys in there. The enclosure worked great, she couldn't get in. Now wish the keypad wasn't on doors in the garage. Will have to move to the fuel door lol.

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use it all the time when I don't want to carry my phone or key fob—most often when at the beach or going on a hike. But honestly, I use it the most when my vehicles are just sitting in the driveway—sometimes I'm outside working on stuff and I need to quickly grab something out of my vehicle. I don't regularly carry my keys or phone around the house so having the key pad is handy.

Also, the phone app only works if the vehicle has cellular access on AT&T's network. There are many occasions when I will not have cellular access at all.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Handy when you accidentally lock key and phone in the car.

I use mine all the time. Key is deep in my purse and I don't want to dig it out.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Use it all the time to lock the Bronco while it's running. Also, you very much can lock your keys in it with the pad. It's convenient for unlocking too. The phone app is extremely slow.

Any pic of the b-pillar placement? I put mine under the gas door like many others have done
B pillar placement on my FE...MUCH cleaner look.

Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad - what do you use it for? 20220528_195734
Ford Bronco Keyless Entry Pad - what do you use it for? 20220906_112417

edernest

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Use it all the time to lock the Bronco while it's running. Also, you very much can lock your keys in it with the pad. It's convenient for unlocking too. The phone app is extremely slow.

B pillar placement on my FE...MUCH cleaner look.

Yeah that does look better than on the door. Unfortunate for us 22 MY owners, they decided to start painting them to match body. Don't think my CO keypad would look as good as yours does on that black trim.

Brockdog12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer ST-Line
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Mine came installed on my OBX so it is color matched, I don't recall ever using any keyless entry pad on a vehicle I've owned that has had one.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I use it at home when the key fob is not with me. Mostly however, I have an in the water sail boat. When I get to it I generally dump keys and wallet. When I go back up to the car to get something, tools, parts, etc, I generally forget to bring the keys. The keypad has saved me countless trips back to the boat to get the key fob.

Backpacking, I lock the key fob in the car and save the few ounces in weight I have to carry, or worry about losing. The only way to lock the keys in any Ford I have owned in the last 20 years was to use the keypad to lock it.

gjproducer

Badlands
First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I initially loved the gas door placement idea but then it had me thinking. I mean there are electronics within the keypad itself. Is there something to protect a malfunction or spark from hitting your gas if it’s on the door?