First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This is how the world works. A new evolution of a current product coming soon and everyone will want the most recent version.

And you can't buy the KO3s anyway BUT if you could wait a year then you should.

BTW .. are there any differences between a 2022 and 2023 Wildtrak? I mean they look exactly the same.

I bet everyone would want a 2023 Wildtrak and not the 2022 Wildtrak if they were buying a Wildtrak.

This has to be one of the most over-hyped product launchesā€¦ I mean ā€œlook closely at the stone ejectorsā€? Really? Ya they look nearly identical to the KO2s. Just go buy the KO2s, save the money and time waiting for actual sizes. Personally, I donā€™t see the appeal.
Sponsored

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This has to be one of the most over-hyped product launchesā€¦ I mean ā€œlook closely at the stone ejectorsā€? Really? Ya they look nearly identical to the KO2s. Just go buy the KO2s, save the money and time waiting for actual sizes. Personally, I donā€™t see the appeal.
It's simple. The current BG Goodrich KOs only go up to 2. The new ones go up to 3. That's one more than the old version.
Ford Bronco KO3 tires posted at Tirerack.com ... 2 fitments 1685644966564

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is how the world works. A new evolution of a current product coming soon and everyone will want the most recent version.

And you can't buy the KO3s anyway BUT if you could wait a year then you should.

BTW .. are there any differences between a 2022 and 2023 Wildtrak? I mean they look exactly the same.

I bet everyone would want a 2023 Wildtrak and not the 2022 wildtrak if they were buying a Wildtrak.
Itā€™s not the way the world has to work. Itā€™s lazy regurgitation and over-reliance on name brand recognition that yields such wonderful innovations. Toyota is a classic case in point in their absolute refusal to deal with their trash speed transmissions.

And uh- yaā€¦ thereā€™s a ton of differences between a ā€˜22 and a ā€˜23 WT HOSS 3.0. Go take a look at the hundreds of posts of guys trying to upgrade these components. On the ā€˜23 WT ya get:

Fox Shocks
Beefier tie rods
Severe duty steering rack

So thats a dumb comparison, but whateverā€¦

I think common sense would suggest that BFG shouldā€™ve addressed the lugs which have been maligned endlessly across the internet for their hydroplaning characteristics and extremely effective mud gathering abilities. Itā€™s up to a person to decide if they want more Cheetos I suppose.

So I stand by my statement, and youā€™d be a dipshit to buy a ā€˜22 WT if you had an option to get a ā€˜23 and not because its a model year newer.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's simple. The current BG Goodrich KOs only go up to 2. The new ones go up to 3. That's one more than the old version.
1685644966564.png
Duuuude that is brilliant. I completely agree with your analysis. 3 waaay better than 2. One louder!!!! šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
how do you know the KO3s did not address the issues below?

I think common sense would suggest that BFG shouldā€™ve addressed the lugs which have been maligned endlessly across the internet for their hydroplaning characteristics and extremely effective mud gathering abilities. Itā€™s up to a person to decide if they want more Cheetos I suppose.

Sponsored

RC Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ford Bronco, '97 Geo Tracker
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco KO3 tires posted at Tirerack.com ... 2 fitments 1685644966564
Dude! This clip was JUST mentioned and shown in a team meeting. Love it

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
how do you know the KO3s did not address the issues below?
Guess weā€™ll see if they have some secret science in that rubber compound but otherwise Iā€™ll go with the fact that they look essentially identical to the KO2s. I suspect the unique feature of the tread pattern contributes greatly to the issues.

For the record Iā€™m not a BFG hater. I had KM2s and loved them- but they sucked on snow/ice which wasnā€™t unexpected but eventually didnā€™t meet my use case so I let them go.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
my point exactly >> 2022 and 2023 Wildtralk looks the same unless you are on this forum and just know

no one knows about how the KO3 will perform.

Guess weā€™ll see if they have some secret science in that rubber compound but otherwise Iā€™ll go with the fact that they look essentially identical to the KO2s. I suspect the unique feature of the tread pattern contributes greatly to the issues.

For the record Iā€™m not a BFG hater. I had KM2s and loved them- but they sucked on snow/ice which wasnā€™t unexpected but eventually didnā€™t meet my use case so I let them go.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
my point exactly >> 2022 and 2023 Wildtralk looks the same unless you are on this forum and just know

no one knows about how the KO3 will perform.
What? Again that makes no sense. Iā€™m not making your point for you, hell I donā€™t think your making at all.

Major steering and suspension components arenā€™t some subjective visual aesthetic. And they arenā€™t some mystery science. Anyone buying a ā€˜23 WT would know this.

Anyway, internet arguments being what they are Iā€™m sure we both have better things to do. Youā€™re excited for more BFG Cheetos, I think this is pathetically underwhelming. Cool šŸ˜Ž
3 >>>>>> 2

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BFG clearly trying to jump into the "hybrid" tire trend....

I wouldn't hold my breath on BFG coming out with a Load Range C version of this tire in 37-12.50-17

They did this briefly for the KM3, and then it vanished (BFG PN: 79293)

Sponsored

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
LOL!

if you are concerned about the person behind you then run mud flaps.
Yeah, that's generally the polite and responsible thing to do. Not sure what's funny about that?

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Members here complain about the OEM goodyears picking up rocks. The KO3s prevents this.

I guess when you make one group happy, you end up pissing off another group

This makes it funny.

and you need to relax

Yeah, that's generally the polite and responsible thing to do. Not sure what's funny about that?

Rusty Sheckelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Members here complain about the OEM goodyears picking up rocks. The KO3s prevents this.

I guess when you make one group happy, you end up pissing off another group

This makes it funny.

and you need to relax
I'm perfectly relaxed sitting here in my underwear ;) I agree with what others said, I got a little PTSD when I read "Rock ejectors" lol. Glad to hear it's not a rock yeeter.

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
most off-road tires have them now

Ford Bronco KO3 tires posted at Tirerack.com ... 2 fitments 1685673846680

I'm perfectly relaxed sitting here in my underwear ;) I agree with what others said, I got a little PTSD when I read "Rock ejectors" lol. Glad to hear it's not a rock yeeter.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
  • Have had them re-balanced once due to light shaking/vibes. They had to put 5oz in one tire, right rear. Still light vibes at highway speed and I can watch my passenger seat shake a bit. Marginal improvement from the rebalance.
Pretty sure if they put 5 ounces of weights in the tire, that's not going to help the balance or the vibration. šŸ˜ Maybe that guy should go to a competent tire shop. ;)
Sponsored