Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands, 2Dr.

How will the MT tires be for daily driving? I don't know how much I'd need the MTs (if ever). But, get them, just in case?

Also, going through the builder on Ford's website, if you toggle back and forth between the MTs and the ATs, the MTs look bigger/better (try it). They have the same dimensions, so they should look the same, right? Maybe it's just the builder?

Every time I build out my Badlands, it 'looks' better with the MTs.

Thanks!
You kinda answered your own question. BFGs all are you need and then some, plus save you money
Sponsored

Daisy76

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s been mentioned several times in different threads here, but Ford interchanges the Mud Terrain name with the Good Year Terrain tires, that are “max traction “ on the SQ package. They are an aggressive all terrain tire, but definitely not mud terrains. I believe the only Mud Terrain tire is the 33” option on the Badlands. That may be what you considering, but otherwise the Good Year Terrins should be pretty versatile from the reviews and descriptions available so far.
Thats because GY use to have a Mud Terrain and All Terrain for a long long time but now apparently they think of this amazing marketing plan and call everything an all terrain/multi terrain tire? WTF GY? Anyway honestly everyone is yiping on Ford for calling them Mud Terrains still but GY still recognizes it as a Mud Terrain!! Check this out straight from GY, hell they even still specify deep Mud & snow! Figure it out GY!!

AF2F3637-2EF0-40E8-9EE4-4C7F5EA91FF3.jpeg

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're going to option and buy a car based upon a cartoon?
Oh, let us know where we can go drive one in our area, then. People can only go by what Ford has given them. As you know, there are no test drives.

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Oh, let us know where we can go drive one in our area, then. People can only go by what Ford has given them. As you know, there are no test drives.

There are actual photos of Broncos with varying tire and wheel options all over this site. The Bronco images in the B&P are not actual cars, they are computer graphic renderings, cartoons. The OP was basing his decision on the renderings....bad idea.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thats because GY use to have a Mud Terrain and All Terrain for a long long time but now apparently they think of this amazing marketing plan and call everything an all terrain/multi terrain tire? WTF GY? Anyway honestly everyone is yiping on Ford for calling them Mud Terrains still but GY still recognizes it as a Mud Terrain!! Check this out straight from GY, hell they even still specify deep Mud & snow! Figure it out GY!!

Ford Bronco MT vs AT tires for daily driving? AF2F3637-2EF0-40E8-9EE4-4C7F5EA91FF3
And they have a picture of the actual Mud Terrain tires there vs. the All Terrain "Terrains".

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are actual photos of Broncos with varying tire and wheel options all over this site. The Bronco images in the B&P are not actual cars, they are computer graphic renderings, cartoons. The OP was basing his decision on the renderings....bad idea.
The pictures are most preproduction vehicles, though.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And they have a picture of the actual Mud Terrain tires there vs. the All Terrain "Terrains".
Goodyear is also putting out an A/T version of the Terrain...which is different than the M/T version on Bronco.

GoodYear confused the issue by changing what they called ALL M/Ts in their line (now marketed as Max traction / previously Mud Terrain); they didn't add some new category of tire in their line when they put out the M/T Terrain. It's an M/T; albeit at the mild end of the spectrum of M/Ts. Ford calls them Mud Terrains because that is the category they are in, and the industry standard term.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Boggers for your daily driver and cut boggers for your offroader.
:cool:
Ford Bronco MT vs AT tires for daily driving? images (10)
Ford Bronco MT vs AT tires for daily driving? groovedboggers_tn

Judge Rufus

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Wheeler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti QX80, GMC Sierra, Mercedes SLK32 AMG,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The pictures are most preproduction vehicles, though.
The OP was talking about the appearance of bulging tires in the B&P pics. Tires are tires. And there are plenty of pics of the different tires that are available as stock.

More power to you if you want to base your opinion on what tires to get based upon rendered artwork.

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Got Yokohama Geolander's (MT) on my Ram, they're solid right now, no issues with them and it's been 5k miles, finally put them to use this weekend at a Bonfire.

Hopefully, when Satan's Dandruff coats the roads, they'll hold up, otherwise I'll just have to figure out plan B.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

For daily driver. Go AT's. Better gas mileage, longer life, better traction on the road, less noise, more control, ever so slightly better handling. If your not going off road at least once a month or more then MT's arent a sound economic decision. If you like the bigger look, buy bigger ones when those wear down. Thats my plan and reasoning at least!
What Jack said exactly.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Badlands, 2Dr.

How will the MT tires be for daily driving? I don't know how much I'd need the MTs (if ever). But, get them, just in case?

Also, going through the builder on Ford's website, if you toggle back and forth between the MTs and the ATs, the MTs look bigger/better (try it). They have the same dimensions, so they should look the same, right? Maybe it's just the builder?

Every time I build out my Badlands, it 'looks' better with the MTs.

Thanks!
My take:
- B&P tires look like Pixar Cars tires.
- if the MTs are anything like Duratrac, they are good for daily driving.
- the KO2s have an aggressive looking sidewall so they don't look wimpy.
- on Tirerack - the Territories that are on there are $6 more per tire than the same sized KO2s.
- so the $695 Ford is charging for the MTs is a ripoff.

Therefore, I would pick the KO2s and consider the MTs when the KO2s wear out.

Deleted member 16780

After doing a bit of research, I feel the Toyo ATIII Open Country's will work best for my needs: mostly commuting, and the occasional trail/sand/snow.

I want an aggressive looking tire but offers longevity, low noise, and good stoppage.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I will be swapping my 35 MTs out for ATs, I see more snow than mud so it just makes sense. Probably going with Coopers again, love the AT3s, and they are American!!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
Sponsored