First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr widtrak,2020 4Runner TRD offroad Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for giving me anecdotal confirmation about my decision to put a set of "street" tires on for daily driving. I swap in the OEM Badlands wheels and KO2s when going off-roading. My main thought was not wearing down $340 tires for daily driving when I could be wearing down $180 tires. If KO2s have a shorter life, that further supports my decision.

My "street" tires are Goodyear Wrangler Workhorse AT. I chose them in part because they are 3-peak rated. Certainly not nearly as aggressive as the KO2s, but more than capable for all street conditions.
I have been using BF KO2's for twenty years, on and off road. They perform well in the snow and are quiet on pavement for the occasional road trip...Ive used them on a Ford pickup, a 4runner, and IM going to put them on my Wildtrac. Ive always gotten 70-75k out of each set when rotating every 5k miles
Sponsored

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I put KO2’s on before I even took it home from the dealership. I now have around 11K miles and they still look like new. Ride great, low noise, and decent MPG for a 315.
That's good to hear! Honestly, I love BFG and was SO disappointed that this set fell apart so quickly. I recall telling the America's Tire guy before I left, that this set seemed REALLY soft and nothing like my last set. I'm pretty sure I just got a bad set.

FCoyote

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've used two sets of KO2s on my F150, a portion of which was in very rough desert and rocks in the Mojave. I never had a flat. I'll probably switch to KO2 when I wear down these OEM 35s.

As for those complaining about tread life.. there was (maybe still is) two different types of KO2 tires. The original, and one that was designated something like KO2 DT (different tread I think?). The non DT version had 3-peak rating but no tread warranty, the newer ones lost the 3-peak but had a 50k mile tread warranty. Looking now, all I can find are the KO2's with the tread warranty.

Edit: Looked around, and I found a URL to the differentiation when they first came out:

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/bfgoodrich-all-terrain-t-a-ko2-dt/p/37547

I guess they've all transitioned to a version now that has a tread warranty and 3-peak rating. I don't think it was well advertised at the time. In fact, I specifically wanted to keep the old type w/ the 3-peak rating and ordered a set through discount tire. When they came in I had them installed and noticed about two weeks later that they actually installed the "DT" variation, despite my order being for the other type. I pointed it out to Discount tire and they replaced them with the right tire, free of charge.

Last edited:

mtnryder56

Badlands
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 F150 SCREW FX4, Bronco 4dr Badlands SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had KO2's on my F150 and thought they were great. They lasted 45k miles. I switched to the Toyo AT3's and have been very impressed with them as well. Ride quality on the road is better. Snow performance is as good or better. They do fill with mud though.

Sponsored

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love my Falken Wildpeak AT3W’s👏👏
Great tire. Hands down a superior tire to the BFGs.

Territory should not be compared to the BFG or any other true AT tire in off road situations. No way a light weight tire manufactured for fuel economy can hold up as well as beefier offerings. The tires on the Off-Rodeo Broncos were so chewed up it was amazing. That said, crazy there were no flats during my time there and the staff said they rarely get any. Same video with BFGs compared to something like NIttos by someone not sponsored by BFG would be a different story.

Try comparing the Territory to the BFG in winter. Hands down the Territory provides better traction on snow, slush, ice, and rain compared to the BFG. Not to mention better mpg's if your Bronco is pavement bound. That is coming from both personal and professional experience on our fleet of snow plow trucks. The new KO3's might change the equation if/when we try them, but no truck of ours will ever have KO2s anymore. We actually run the Falkens primarily for better traction but also cost.

I use my factory Territories from November through March/April on my Bronco and swap out for Toyo MTs for summer wheeling. I can tell you from a lifetime of living in snow country and a record 60 ft. plus of snow this past winter that there is no comparison in winter performance. Can't ask for a better winter tire for the Bronco and man they are cheap to buy off of craigslist (thank you BFG fanboys). Asking one tire to be durable, light-weight, and perform great otr, off-road, and in winter is too much for any tire. It's why we have three sets of skis, four surfboards, countless fishing rods, and more than one golf club in the bag. Marketing aside, Territory vs KO2 is apples to oranges depending on the situation. Durability = BFG, traction off- road = pick one, winter traction = Territory, Fuel economy and on road = Territory.

HotLap

Outer Banks
First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor and 2019 Yamaha XSR900
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My experience with KOs is that performance was good in the dirt, but longevity was absolute crap. They were off within 20K miles w/ significant wear. I put a set of Nittos on next and no issues...20K miles and still going w/ no end in sight. To be fair, that was my second set of KO2s. The first set was excellent with performance on/off the road and lasted well...not sure what happened on the 2nd set. I've not bought another since. There is too many other options at this stage.
Ditto, I’m on my 2nd set of K02s and am only getting 20k mi./set. I drive a 2018 Raptor (currently at 40k miles)mainly my dd and do very little off roading. I have a moderately aggressive driving style and the rears always wear faster (no burnouts, etc., but like to get where I’m going). Rotate every 5k miles and change out once the noise/vibration starts bugging me. Been running them at 35lbs psi and getting fairly even tire wear. Will be trading the Raptor in on my new Bronco soon (hopefully) and researching 35s for my newly purchased Wildtrack/SAS wheels. At about 18k miles my K02s (both sets) have become very loud and I can feel the high frequency vibration through the steering column. Love the looks and road manners of the K02s, but the wear is terrible and at (approx) $1300/set of 4, Can no longer justify buying these tires. Couple of buddies have had good luck with the Toyos and Nittos so will be looking at them.

Last edited:

AustyPosty

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door 2017 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My experience with KOs is that performance was good in the dirt, but longevity was absolute crap. They were off within 20K miles w/ significant wear. I put a set of Nittos on next and no issues...20K miles and still going w/ no end in sight. To be fair, that was my second set of KO2s. The first set was excellent with performance on/off the road and lasted well...not sure what happened on the 2nd set. I've not bought another since. There is too many other options at this stage.
You must have had the wrong Load rating for whatever vehicle you put them on.

jonesh242

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trail-Squak, YT Capra 29er & Decoy Mullet
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You must have had the wrong Load rating for whatever vehicle you put them on.
I don't know. It was just a 3" lifted Cherokee Trailhawk...mid sizes SUV technically. Not that heavy. Had two sets of the same KO2s mounted...one worked, one didn't. It's not worth pondering, I've moved on. Nitto Ridge Grapplers on now and they are SOLID. I get it that everyone has different experiences. Like I said, lots of alternative choices out there and I'm not married to any one particular tire.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The Nittos are impossibly heavy. I wouldn’t put those tires on my bronco if they were free. You loose in MPG, acceleration, suspension department and dozens of pounds of already low payload.

71 lbs for a 35in ridge grappler is ridiculous. That’s a total of 100 lbs over the stock Goodyears of unsprung weight for 5 tires. 10% of my payload on a Lux badlands. What a joke.

15,000 miles of overlanding and off-roading in Utah including lots of 60-70mph desert running, often with heavy load and never had an issues with the Goodyears. Incredible this winter in the snow and this was Utah’s highest snow year ever recorded.

Last, the KO2 are obsolete, KO3 are coming this year and hopefully their weight will be decent.
Great points. I am by no means a seasoned off-roader but I've been wheeling southern UT for about 15yrs now. I've ran the GTs fairly fast on pretty rough, sharp stuff and haven't had a flat yet (ALWAYS aired-down).

OEM GTs get a worse rap than they deserve 😬

Sponsored

freetors

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JK Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think I'd rather have tires that perform great for 20-30k miles and are then worn out over tires that perform marginal to sucky for 50k+ miles.

telenerd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could not get stuck this weekend in the sand dunes and didn’t get a chance to use my Action Trax. Very impressed with the Goodyears. Some sections were pretty steep and they clawed their way up, even when traversing down they bited pretty dang good. Plus one for Goodyears.

D1BA4EB4-B4AD-4B17-84E2-FC0DD4F580C3.jpeg