First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Then why pay "extra" for Sasquatch? (rhetorical question)
Because that’s the only way to get better 4x4, suspension, rear gears, with a base.
Sponsored

Johnnymo

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Buick Verano, Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Honestly none of this surprises me. As many have stated, this is an OEM tire in rough conditions. Obviously there are other tires that may hold up better for pure off-roading. Basically Ford and GY had to come up with a 35 inch tire that would rock crawl, track in the snow and mud, still run smooth like a standard SUV and create as little noise as possible. When you try to satisfy Karen and Bubba at the same time there will be a few drawbacks. Damn folks!

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can barely believe it. Those vehicles have a few hundred miles. I have never seen anything like it. See pictures below.

The big issue is the Territory is the only light 35" tire out there at 51lbs it’s lighter than many 33s. If we replace them with a KO2 or similar the much increased rotational weight will bring penalty on acceleration mpg and braking. Plus, there are very few load C 35 tires on the market.
Very unhappy about this and might call my dealer to remove Sasquatch from my Badlands build so I get KO2 then can have a large choice of quality 33 tires in C load.
It looks like GY managed to make the lightest tire in the world at the expense of quality.
A new review on tire rack also says wear is unacceptable after 7500 miles…

20210701_104718.jpg
Just incredible ...

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I dont get many miles on my Michelin Cup2s on my street car / track car, pay to play when it comes to performance and those damn things are $450 a piece.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Honestly none of this surprises me. As many have stated, this is an OEM tire in rough conditions. Obviously there are other tires that may hold up better for pure off-roading. Basically Ford and GY had to come up with a 35 inch tire that would rock crawl, track in the snow and mud, still run smooth like a standard SUV and create as little noise as possible. When you try to satisfy Karen and Bubba at the same time there will be a few drawbacks. Damn folks!
Well said.

These tires are OEM. They need to be smooth and quiet on road. They need to meet some fuel economy targets. They also need to provide decent grip off road. They need to meet a cost / budget target.

To do all this, something's gotta give. Sacrificing a little durability to help achieve all of the above is not surprising.

As many have said in this thread, this wear / chunking is not shocking for an on road / off road tire with smaller tread blocks, that has been used exclusively off road, with wheel spin / drag on rough surfaces and gravel.

Are there tires that would hold up better to this off-road-only use? Absolutely. However, they may make compromises in cost or on-road performance to achieve the better off-road result.

Sponsored

balynn1971

Badlands
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How concerned does a newbie like me in NE Ohio (i.e. not a ton of rocks out here) who plans on an overland trip in NH and some periodic off road activity at a buddies property that'll be mostly mud and unpaved trails? Are these things going to hold up and if not, recommendations on replacements? Getting out west would be a one time trip for me but obviously not being from that part of the world I'm not going to be exposing these tires to rock every weekend.

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, that makes more sense. I personally discount any description of what is essentially a rental. I learned when I was a teen from a guy named "James Bond" while on vacation in the Tetons that quote: "nothing drives like a rental" as he recklessly drove over 80 on a dirt road.
That's funny. And true. In fact, that was one of the high points to me. These rigs have been driven for a fairly low amount of miles, but they are miles that count. No fuss from any of the trucks, and they are doing laps around the "track" all day, every day. So cool.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
How concerned does a newbie like me in NE Ohio (i.e. not a ton of rocks out here) who plans on an overland trip in NH and some periodic off road activity at a buddies property that'll be mostly mud and unpaved trails? Are these things going to hold up and if not, recommendations on replacements? Getting out west would be a one time trip for me but obviously not being from that part of the world I'm not going to be exposing these tires to rock every weekend.
The best way to extend the life of your tires is to have them never leave the garage.
Go out, have fun with your Bronco. Always carry a spare. Replace the tires as needed.

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will be fine. Tires are expendable, these conditions will be difficult to recreate in a daily driver / weekend adventure mobile. I’d also recommend always having a compressor & puncture repair kit.

Sponsored

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Watching the Off-Rodeo video's, the high speed dirt course, you can actually hear tire squeal in the corners! Yeah, on dirt...
It's actually a thing.
These Bronco's are being beat!

cparksjr

Badlands
First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2020 Ford F250 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have seen tires like that when used around rocks at a Raptor event I was part of. It happened in very few miles to good quality tires.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This. Everyone needs to read this post multiple times.
Sponsored