Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I dont get many miles on my Michelin Cup2s on my street car / track car, pay to play when it comes to performance and those damn things are $450 a piece.
Same. RE11s on my 3800lb Mustang wore out at Road ATL and a very hot 2 days at VIR. Brakes and tires are consumables.....pay to play.
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol these light tires are trash just like starter inkjet cartridges. they will be replaced at couple thousand miles
I have noticed this with many OEM tires, the last time I had tire lemons was with a 2009 Mini Cooper and the OEM Continental tires that came standard on them. They were nowhere near as durable as commercially sourced tires (small model, size, etc). The factory tires basically were junk (all 4 of them had incredibly short life spans).

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Lets start a conversation about Chevy Berettas again. As some of you may know I was once a pizza delivery driver. I wouldnt say I was exactly like The Bandit, but I did have a reputation. I even had my DL pulled, reinstated, authorized driving priveledges and revoked again in 3 counties and 1 munincipality. I slid that 89 5spd Beretta around every turn I took between Enon, New Carlisle, Medway, Donneslville, and of course Yellow Springs. I often bought Falken tires, mostly because my brother used em on his Beretta circle track car. Anyways the brakes would last me a month or more easy, but the tires, ooh they would only last me about 2 weeks on the front then switched to another 2 weeks on the back. After that cycle I would have the plys and bands starting to show. Yeah I spent alot in tires and tickets. But I had alot of fun, and went and had a champagne jam with my 4x4 buddies on the Mad River after work, living the Hi-Life.

Wear parts on a vehicle only last till you wear em out. Could be 2 weeks, could be 20 years.

Bodge Garage

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Land Rover Discovery, Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

To everyone that says "I have been wheeling for years and my tires look perfect." Let me borrow your truck and I can make your tires look just like these Goodyears in short order. Nothing parties like a rental.

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not surprising in the least OEM tires seem to always be made out of softer compounds. If you shop around you will learn what tires are more durable and which ones are made of softer rubbers for more grip on rocks etc.

Sponsored

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Watching the Off-Rodeo video's, the high speed dirt course, you can actually hear tire squeal in the corners! Yeah, on dirt...
It's actually a thing.
These Bronco's are being beat!
Haha, yeah... They told us to not go over 25. Many times. On the radio... while we were hitting 35. LOL. Fun to hear the squeal for myself.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would be very curious to know what mileage was on this vehicle. Perhaps the next people that go on a Rodeo can take a picture of the tires and the mileage. Then we can really understand what is going on with the tires.

Grunkster

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any predictions how these tires will perform in snow and ice?!

FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have noticed this with many OEM tires, the last time I had tire lemons was with a 2009 Mini Cooper and the OEM Continental tires that came standard on them. They were nowhere near as durable as commercially sourced tires (small model, size, etc). The factory tires basically were junk (all 4 of them had incredibly short life spans).
My 07 Frontier taught me that lesson, the BFG Long Trails that came on it were similar in name only to what you would get if you walked into discount tire and ordered the same thing. I'm glad they were toast within 12k miles, their wet and dry traction were hot garbage for highway speeds.

Strange you had that on a Mini under the German helm, BMW has been the only manuf so far that I've gotten a car from and the tires (Michelin PSS) were every bit as good as the retail PSS
Sponsored