broncosor

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can barely believe it. Those vehicles have a few hundred miles. I have never seen anything like it. See pictures below.

The big issue is the Territory is the only light 35" tire out there at 51lbs it’s lighter than many 33s. If we replace them with a KO2 or similar the much increased rotational weight will bring penalty on acceleration mpg and braking. Plus, there are very few load C 35 tires on the market.
Very unhappy about this and might call my dealer to remove Sasquatch from my Badlands build so I get KO2 then can have a large choice of quality 33 tires in C load.
It looks like GY managed to make the lightest tire in the world at the expense of quality.
A new review on tire rack also says wear is unacceptable after 7500 miles…

Ford Bronco Incredible wear and tear on GY Territory MT tires 20210701_104718

Here are some pics I took of the GY Territory tires at the OffRoadeo.... not sure if this is bad or good. I worked at Discount Tire in Phoenix for a year and I never saw wear like this. Maybe designed into the compound for better grip (being optimistic)? Many tires had tread blocks broken off as well. That being said.... they got us through the course with little drama. Pretty sure I will have a second set of "purpose built" tires/wheels for real off roading trips.

20210701_095919.jpg

20210701_102326.jpg

20210701_104713.jpg

20210701_104718.jpg

20210701_123425.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can barely believe it. Those vehicles have a few hundred miles at most. I have never seen anything like it. See pictures below. Zoom on 3rd and 4th picture….

The big issue is the Territory is the only light 35" tire out there at 51lbs it’s lighter than many 33s. If we replace them with a KO2 or similar the much increased rotational weight will bring penalty on acceleration mpg and braking. Plus, there are very few load C 35 tires on the market.
Very unhappy about this and might call my dealer to remove Sasquatch from my Badlands build so I get KO2 then can have a large choice of quality 33 tires in C load.
It looks like GY managed to make the lightest tire in the world at the expense of quality.
A new review on tire rack also says wear is unacceptable after 7500 miles…
Yeah, very odd wear. My Badlands had 1800 miles but I did not see what this rig had... I assume something similar-ish. I would love to hear from an expert with knowledge of why this wear is happening. I don't want to jump to any conclusions..... as solid as they may be.

MSparks909

Badlands
First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is what happens to tires when you drive spirited off-road or use them heavily in rocks/drifting/exclusively off-road as these Bronco’s are being used. Plenty of Raptor guys have posted about the same thing. Not abnormal for the Bronco or the Goodyear tire specifically. Nature of the beast with a LOT of off-road driving. Baja Mode, especially in 2WD, is going to be hell on tires

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Looks like a soft compounded tire that has lived its entire life off-road and has been driven spiritedly while doing so.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ugh, the off rodeo Broncos have thousands of miles on them, not hundreds. All of those miles are aired down and off road. Not just light off road driving, but hauling ass and drifting in the gravel frequently. Was not surprised the tires are beat to shit. Not saying these Goodyears are good tires, I have always planned to replace them with a quality tire from the get, but to call them garbage based on the abused units at off rodeo is not a fair review.

HutchDevil

Wildtrak
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150 FX4 5.0, 2019 Expedition Max Stealth
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looks like a soft compounded tire that has lived its entire life off-road and has been driven spiritedly while doing so.
Yeah, agreed. We were doing slow speeds over rocks and sandy clay. Pretty rough on tires. I wish they had other brands on the trucks to compare between them. One thing I wish I did was to look at the Sports they had there. Anyone take good enough pics of them to see the tire wear as a comparison? The Sports did not hit the trails when I was there but whatever tires they are wearing should have some wear by now.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is that wear actually bad for having lived their short tire lives almost exclusively in rocky, mountainous terrain doing countless laps a day over sharp rock? Cant go more than a few hundred miles overlanding without blowing a tire or slashing a sidewall here in the southwest. I'm sure the other regions have their own issues as well.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That looks like a material defect from the manufacturer. None of that looks normal.

Sponsored