Sponsored

Stock Goodyear territory "MT" vs Fallen wildpeak atw3?

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the well thought out reply. What are your thoughts on road noise with the wild peaks versus the territories?
Minimal difference. Possible advantage AT3. I can’t extrapolate exactly bc I went from OE 35s to the 37s… fairly different animals.
Sponsored

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Never been a fan of the territories, but haven't compared them with the falkens directly.

Was wondering if anyone was familiar with how they would compare in terms of off road, on road, road noise etc?

Not sure if it's worth spending the money to make the switch or if it's negligible.

To be honest I'm looking for something more road friendly that's still AT.
I had the same mission. I wanted an AT with a nice truck look but didnt want to sacrafice the savility and function of everday driving /stopping especially on wet pavement since it often rains here. I have these Falkens, they are great! They work for offroad,sand,highway ect. Smooth, and quiet. I had the stock duelers and these are honestly just about as smooth and quiet but look leagues better. I have no personal experience with those Goodies but all I hear from owners is that they spit up anything they can at the truck. The Falkens only kick up about the same perhaps just so slightly more then the duelers but I have running boards thar seem to catch it all. I kept with the same size as the stock duelers but with the added tread there's roughly .8" increase in mass from bottom to top. Again not a side by side but that's what I know. I haven't used these in the snow/ice yet but they are triple peak rated and these are actually rated higher in wet pavement stopping the the duelers.

Last edited:

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve had both. It’s not close. If you like 2 ply tires you’ll love your featherweight Territories. Mall crawling grocery getting DD they are fine. If you plan to go anywhere remote it’s not close.

I am so surprised at how good the AT3s are that I keep responding to these types of posts. Need to stop that… but they really have blown me away. I was expecting so much less but they are one of the best off road tires I have owned. And I’ve owned a BUNCH.

On road performance is excellent. They are also Triple PeK Rated if you live somewhere with significant weather. They are quieter on road than the GYTs by a subjective degree, but they through approximately 100% less stones. I HATED that about the GYTs. I’ve never had a tire throw so many stones at my vehicle. Ever.

Off road they RIP it in the backcountry fire roads and have outstanding traction through slop and chop as well as on mid grade rated trails. I can’t speak to hardcore 8/9/10 rock crawling stuff because that’s not my jam but I know a lot people air down a ton and run them through those highly technical trails with very good results.

So ya, they are heavier… but cross shop them against any serious AT tire and you’ll find they are lighter by comparison (Nitto RGs come to mind, as do MT Baja Boss). The only true AT tire lighter is the BFG KO2. You may want to consider them.

I have my AT3s in 37s and they are fantastic. I may ultimately replace my MT Baja Boss’s on my other rig with these Falkens. They’re that good.
Curious, how long did you leave the territory on? Initially my thoughts were like yours, but at the 10,000 mile mark they stopped throwing rocks and seemed to get more agreeable both on-road and off. In the first 3000 miles I had TWO punctures and started thinking I needed something toughter. Since then though, they've done fine in snow (Big Bear trails), lots of rock crawling around so-cal, and high-speed antics down in Baja. Though, I'm fairly sure I don't want to go thru that much of a burn-in again, nor would I at this point plan more than a weekend trip on them. The Falkens were also on my list along side the Toyos I previously mentioned.

pakrat

Badlands
First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner-F250-Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never been a fan of the territories, but haven't compared them with the falkens directly.

Was wondering if anyone was familiar with how they would compare in terms of off road, on road, road noise etc?

Not sure if it's worth spending the money to make the switch or if it's negligible.

To be honest I'm looking for something more road friendly that's still AT.
I'm a huge fan of the At3ws. I've had them on my 4Runner, Tundra, and F350. They are IMO far superior to BFG KO2s in all conditions... but back to your original question if I had to have one tire for my Bronco or any truck/suv it would be the At3ws, not the territories or BFGs. A3ws are very good off-road but what is most important to me is winter traction and that is where the At3w exceeds pretty much every tire I've used (not including studded winter tires or studless tires like Blizzaks). That said I really like the Territories in the winter and the low tire weight is great for acceleration and fuel economy. What I have done is I got an extra set of wheels for my Bronco and I actually keep the Territories for winter use only and my other wheels have Toyo MTs for summer off-roading. So many people sell the Territories simply to get tires that look more aggresive you can find them with almost no miles on them for really cheap. That way I always have great traction in the winter. I'll take a low mile Territory over a worn out At3w or any other worn tire every day in the snow and ice. I think the Territories are a little soft and tend to throw gravel during the summer. As far as road noise I personally don't think you will be able to tell the difference.

One tire all year would be the At3ws after the Territories wear out.

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious, how long did you leave the territory on? Initially my thoughts were like yours, but at the 10,000 mile mark they stopped throwing rocks and seemed to get more agreeable both on-road and off. In the first 3000 miles I had TWO punctures and started thinking I needed something toughter. Since then though, they've done fine in snow (Big Bear trails), lots of rock crawling around so-cal, and high-speed antics down in Baja. Though, I'm fairly sure I don't want to go thru that much of a burn-in again, nor would I at this point plan more than a weekend trip on them. The Falkens were also on my list along side the Toyos I previously mentioned.
I only ran the GYTs for about 5000 miles. Personally a good tire to me shouldn't require a 10,000 mile or 20% loss of tread to behave correctly. Go Falkens.

Sponsored

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My expectation for the Territory (being that they are M/T's), they would be really loud. I was shocked to see how quiet they are. I had a set of BFG M/T's (KM2) on a Jeep and after a few thousand miles, those things would howl louder than the wind noise... great tire off-road; terrible on.
That is because the GoodYears are not MT tires your thinking of, mud terrain. M/T stands for max traction in the Territories. They are lightweight AT (all terrain) tires.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I only ran the GYTs for about 5000 miles. Personally a good tire to me shouldn't require a 10,000 mile or 20% loss of tread to behave correctly. Go Falkens.
Who says throwing rocks is not behaving correctly, the Territories are just fine, no complaints here, good in rain, great in snow, grippy on slick rock and fantastic here in the mountains...

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That is because the GoodYears are not MT tires your thinking of, mud terrain. M/T stands for max traction in the Territories. They are lightweight AT (all terrain) tires.
Interesting... as even Goodyear describes the tread as "designed to help clear mud for traction..." And being that they sell a "Goodyear Wrangler Territory AT", one can assume that the MT is a mudder, and AT is jack of trades. And based on the aggressive tread pattern and my personal driving experience characteristics, I am still leaning on MT is a M/T tire. Your view may vary.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Interesting... as even Goodyear describes the tread as "designed to help clear mud for traction..." And being that they sell a "Goodyear Wrangler Territory AT", one can assume that the MT is a mudder, and AT is jack of trades. And based on the aggressive tread pattern and my personal driving experience characteristics, I am still leaning on MT is a M/T tire. Your view may vary.
There is no view to vary. They are in no way a "mud tire", and Goodyear has never marketed them as mud tires. They are all terrains, err i mean max traction all terrains.

Ford Bronco Stock Goodyear territory "MT" vs Fallen wildpeak atw3? 1692723223677

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There is no view to vary. They are in no way a "mud tire", and Goodyear has never marketed them as mud tires. They are all terrains, err i mean max traction all terrains.

Ford Bronco Stock Goodyear territory "MT" vs Fallen wildpeak atw3? 1692723223677
100%

If you have owned actual MTs, you KNOW these are NOT MTs.

Sponsored

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've ran countless A/T's and M/T's over the years.

Currently running Falken Wildpeak A/T3W's on my Titan XD and Tacoma, and when the time comes to get new tires, our Bronco will be running the same.

Tofudude

Base
First Name
Chan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Brono Base Mansquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The stock tires are solid, brand bros just want what they are use to and that is fine. The Goodyears have been quiet and at 10k I haven't heard any rocks being chucked at the body. Offroad performance ,minus winter/ice, has been great. Down the line depending on price I would consider another set. If not...I'm falling back on to a set of BFG ATs

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah, another Marketing genius idea...put M/T on a tire to mislead everyone.

In this case, it stands for Max Traction or Mutli Terrain....but definitely not Mud T.

With that said, I personally haven't had issues going through mud but I tend to avoid it because it plays hell on all sorts of things.
Sponsored