Sponsored

Stock Goodyear territory "MT" vs Fallen wildpeak atw3?

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Never been a fan of the territories, but haven't compared them with the falkens directly.

Was wondering if anyone was familiar with how they would compare in terms of off road, on road, road noise etc?

Not sure if it's worth spending the money to make the switch or if it's negligible.

To be honest I'm looking for something more road friendly that's still AT.
Sponsored

555-RGNE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Basequatch 2dr 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Cool thanks. Now anyways, back to my question. Does anyone have knowledge on how they compare to the territory MT's?
Considering that none of those replies had the Goodyear MTs anywhere in their top listings and almost all ranked the Falkens as the best, I'd deduce that the Falkens are superior to the Goodyear Wrangler Territory.

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have no personal experience with the Falkens... but the reviews are glowing. I have been researching tires a lot lately, and I've come to the conclusion that the GY Territory are not that bad of a tire (my only gripe is the soft turn-in...and they are no louder than my KO2's I ran on my rubi). I'll likely not spend the money and let these things wear. The biggest turn-off on the Falken's is the weight... 71 lbs vs. GY's 52 lbs. That's a lot of un-sprung weight to add at each corner.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Considering that none of those replies had the Goodyear MTs anywhere in their top listings and almost all ranked the Falkens as the best, I'd deduce that the Falkens are superior to the Goodyear Wrangler Territory.
I figured that, I was really just wondering if it's worth the $2100 to swap out. Cost benefit analysis. Anecdotal experience..

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no personal experience with the Falkens... but the reviews are glowing. I have been researching tires a lot lately, and I've come to the conclusion that the GY Territory are not that bad of a tire (my only gripe is the soft turn-in...and they are no louder than my KO2's I ran on my rubi). I'll likely not spend the money and let these things wear. The biggest turn-off on the Falken's is the weight... 71 lbs vs. GY's 52 lbs. That's a lot of un-sprung weight to add at each corner.
Same, I have no experience with the Falkens, but weight was a factor in my decision to use the Territory (and price got a deal on them as take-offs).

Consider this example, a Bronco Sas wheel is 35lbs plus Falken 71lbs you'd be looking at 106lbs. Compared to Territory 52lbs + Ranger Tremor wheels I picked up at 26lbs = 78lbs. It's something to think about depending on your vehicle usage.

Also on pavement the Territories are much quieter than some mud tires I hear howling around town. (Only recently got my Bronco, so haven't had a chance to try them off-road yet.)

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I figured that, I was really just wondering if it's worth the $2100 to swap out. Cost benefit analysis. Anecdotal experience..
Watcha doin with your Bronco? I have found the Goodyears to be excellent daily drivers (nice and quiet, good in the wet and snow), and well enough performing on camping/light trail duty.

If you're hardcore rock crawling often at low pressures or need a tire more durable and resistant to punctures, perhaps the Falkens are a good choice for you. As long as I see brand new Sasquatch takeoffs I'm inclined to just buy those for a song. That being said, I'm also eyeballing the new Toyo R/T Trail as an alternative.

Bacon is Life

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX+Sas, 992 C2S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also on pavement the Territories are much quieter than some mud tires I hear howling around town. (Only recently got my Bronco, so haven't had a chance to try them off-road yet.)
My expectation for the Territory (being that they are M/T's), they would be really loud. I was shocked to see how quiet they are. I had a set of BFG M/T's (KM2) on a Jeep and after a few thousand miles, those things would howl louder than the wind noise... great tire off-road; terrible on.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Man I'm surprised. My stock Sasquatch handles like a sports car on the road and I've had no issues to date off road.

You running 33-35psi?

Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man I'm surprised. My stock Sasquatch handles like a sports car on the road and I've had no issues to date off road.

You running 33-35psi?
I like my Bronco, but compared to my sports car, the Bronco's I've driven handle like boats on pavement.

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘16 Corvette Z51
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The problem with these threads or questions, is people are extremely biased to what they purchased and everyone always hates whatever tires came on the car. It will be rare to find anyone who can intelligently speak towards a tire comparison, that is why I love Tyre Reviews, Tire Rack, Autobild, and a few other publications that actually do real testing.

Also, marketing is huge. It is like Milestar pumping millions of dollars into marketing and influencer marketing, people started saying Milestars are the greatest tires ever, they aren't... And a lot of influencers started quietly exiting their agreements with Milestar, going back to Falken or BFG.

https://www.tyrereviews.com/Article/2022-Tyre-Reviews-All-Terrain-Tyre-Test.htm

^ The Firestone Destination A/T2 won out, but all of those are more "mild" All-terrains. My last tires were the Firestones and they were truly excellent on road and excellent on rough roads. Note I didn't say rock crawling.

End of the day, M/T vs A/T is night and day difference driving impressions on the street.

Last edited:

NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’ve had both. It’s not close. If you like 2 ply tires you’ll love your featherweight Territories. Mall crawling grocery getting DD they are fine. If you plan to go anywhere remote it’s not close.

I am so surprised at how good the AT3s are that I keep responding to these types of posts. Need to stop that… but they really have blown me away. I was expecting so much less but they are one of the best off road tires I have owned. And I’ve owned a BUNCH.

On road performance is excellent. They are also Triple PeK Rated if you live somewhere with significant weather. They are quieter on road than the GYTs by a subjective degree, but they through approximately 100% less stones. I HATED that about the GYTs. I’ve never had a tire throw so many stones at my vehicle. Ever.

Off road they RIP it in the backcountry fire roads and have outstanding traction through slop and chop as well as on mid grade rated trails. I can’t speak to hardcore 8/9/10 rock crawling stuff because that’s not my jam but I know a lot people air down a ton and run them through those highly technical trails with very good results.

So ya, they are heavier… but cross shop them against any serious AT tire and you’ll find they are lighter by comparison (Nitto RGs come to mind, as do MT Baja Boss). The only true AT tire lighter is the BFG KO2. You may want to consider them.

I have my AT3s in 37s and they are fantastic. I may ultimately replace my MT Baja Boss’s on my other rig with these Falkens. They’re that good.

OP
OP

Arealhuman

First Edition
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’ve had both. It’s not close. If you like 2 ply tires you’ll love your featherweight Territories. Mall crawling grocery getting DD they are fine. If you plan to go anywhere remote it’s not close.

I am so surprised at how good the AT3s are that I keep responding to these types of posts. Need to stop that… but they really have blown me away. I was expecting so much less but they are one of the best off road tires I have owned. And I’ve owned a BUNCH.

On road performance is excellent. They are also Triple PeK Rated if you live somewhere with significant weather. They are quieter on road than the GYTs by a subjective degree, but they through approximately 100% less stones. I HATED that about the GYTs. I’ve never had a tire throw so many stones at my vehicle. Ever.

Off road they RIP it in the backcountry fire roads and have outstanding traction through slop and chop as well as on mid grade rated trails. I can’t speak to hardcore 8/9/10 rock crawling stuff because that’s not my jam but I know a lot people air down a ton and run them through those highly technical trails with very good results.

So ya, they are heavier… but cross shop them against any serious AT tire and you’ll find they are lighter by comparison (Nitto RGs come to mind, as do MT Baja Boss). The only true AT tire lighter is the BFG KO2. You may want to consider them.

I have my AT3s in 37s and they are fantastic. I may ultimately replace my MT Baja Boss’s on my other rig with these Falkens. They’re that good.
Thanks for the well thought out reply. What are your thoughts on road noise with the wild peaks versus the territories?
Sponsored