Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Curious ,
from Someone who has not owned a Landrover but obviously can see some quality within their products,

What are the issues that you have had with them or had friends have with them? Not saying I’m jumping ship but I’m doing my do diligence.

problems ? Pros cons? Experiences ?
Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Currently daily drive a 2000 Discovery II. It’s an amazing vehicle, but I have to fix something on a weekly basis. Can’t really speak to newer models.

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Owned a Disco for short time 15 or so years ago
After fixing a few things, I sold it
Never again

RRaptor

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had a Callaway Range Rover, beautiful truck. When (I should say each time) the air suspension went out It was Awful and expensive to fix.

HEMI_Shaker

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Dodge Challanger 392 Shaker (Sublime gree
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owned a 2002 discovery new...never again. Replaced water pump, exhaust manifold, 2k break job after 1k miles had to replace all 4 discs and pads, water leaks, rear diff seal, rear axle seal, oil leaks. The worst was 10 days out of warrenty the drive shaft blew. It bounced back and blew a hole in my trans case, 9000.00 dollar repair. Never ever again. Did i mention electrical issues.

Sponsored

CFC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee overland
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Defender’s would rust like hell all around the body panels

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Land Rover LR4 2012 140,000miles Fuji white.

driven across country, multiple Parks and trails. Lived out of the thing for two months while traveling and sleeping in the RTT

Powerhouse of an SUV. You never felt slow and can overtake when needed. Very stable at all speeds and conditions. Timeless look, which will age very well inside and out. Air suspension is a dream; I had a RTT, going into a parking garage? No problem, drop the truck to lowest setting and roll in. Sooo much interior space! The rear is huge and the seats fold flat. Heated seats and wheel. Even in the rear. Confidence built into the car with the terrain settings. Glass ceiling is nice but always a concern. Best AC system outside of a ford super duty. Outstanding sound system. Very slow touchscreen. Best car paint outside of Porsche. Very hard and not easily chipped. Solid fit and finish. Nothing felt cheap. Again, timeless look. No one new if it was 10years old or brand new.

I’m just gonna list the repairs;
- constant leaky sunroof every few years.
- typical clogged lines and faulty seal on bottom of windshield.
- blown head at 65k-miles, still under warranty at the time; the cost would have been $11,000 to fix.
- back camera failed twice. $1,200 to fix each time.
-tiny radiator hose crack, $1,400 to fix
- engine loss of power and strange misfires
-water pump at 40k-miles
-expensive to change breaks and done often Becuase it’s a heavy car.
-(DIY) changed all fluids ahead of time and preformed maintenance, even had a full kit to read the computer and control everything. I never cheated out on the thing.

The moment Ford opened pre-orders I emptied the LR4 of personal stuff and called up a buddy that’s a car salesmen, I had the truck sold a day later.

While I loved the truck and it’s mostly perfect. I was approaching the point where a new engine or major work was in my future. It was paid off but I was just tired of the LR cost to play. Plus the things are just too fancy on the inside and I was always keeping them clean.

I would have gone new defender, but that’s just a horrible beast they created. LR is done for as a company for the off-road enthusiast.
You could go classic defender but I need a daily plus I travel long hours on the highway and they suck at the attempted highway speeds they reach; plus family safety.

the best LR value is a good condition Disco 1.

Ford Bronco LandRover curiosity 2CEC3710-3EE0-42A7-BC38-EAF7BD9A641A

Last picture I have of it.

I believe the bronco will carry on this LR timeless look.

Last edited:

LOMartin

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, F250, b2650HSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lol. They do have some great coffee and snacks, and they are always crazy busy. I never thought of that one. Very happy to be out of my LR.

Sponsored

xmod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, Toyo 4Runner TRD, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have owned two 1997 D90's (regret selling one of them). They are great off road. Horrible gas mileage. Very upright driving position. Simple design, no electronics. I was wanting to find one until the news of the Bronco.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lol. They do have some great coffee and snacks, and they are always crazy busy. I never thought of that one. Very happy to be out of my LR.
Cz the great coffee and snacks come out of the BIG repair costs?

ragingclue

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LWN ZR2, NA8, Bricks
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loved my '03 Disco SE and it never let me down. The only thing outside of scheduled maintenance were the exhaust manifold issues. Somehow I got the only Disco in the world that didn't break every time you drove it. In fact, it took me and all my belongings from San Diego to Chicago when I got out of the Corps and I didn't sweat it for a second (but looking back, maybe I should have?). Traded it on an '08 335 that treated the service bay at the dealer like a home away from home for four years.

I loved so much about that big boxy oaf, the only thing that really stung was the mileage combined with having to use premium in 2008 due to gas prices. That hurt a bit since I didn't have a ton of money back then. It was a nice vehicle to drive... sounded like a truck, felt like a truck, visibility was excellent, the interior materials and layout were nice, especially if you were riding as a passenger in the back.

I think about getting another one some day, but I definitely look at it with rose tinted glasses I think. I'm glad mine was reliable.

EDIT: Oh and with just tars it did very well off road, so that was nice.
Sponsored

Last edited: