Sponsored

Largest size tire without issue in parking garages and drive thrus?

srd1122

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What is the largest size you can go on tires before parking garages and drive thrus are an issue? The 32s on my Outer Banks? Sasquatch package 35s? Just curious in the event that I want to upsize at some point.
Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the stock 35s on my Wildtrak, and I haven't had an issue with parking garages or my own garage. I can't go through with the Trektop in the "off" position, as that adds about 8" of height, but with it in the "on" position, it's not been an issue.

JR

OP
OP

srd1122

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have the stock 35s on my Wildtrak, and I haven't had an issue with parking garages or my own garage. I can't go through with the Trektop in the "off" position, as that adds about 8" of height, but with it in the "on" position, it's not been an issue.

JR
Thanks for the response. I might be happy with the 32s, but if not, I want to ensure upgrading doesn’t pose any issues for daily driving.

jacknifetoaswan

Wildtrak
First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/PP
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for the response. I might be happy with the 32s, but if not, I want to ensure upgrading doesn’t pose any issues for daily driving.
It shouldn't. I was in DC a couple weeks ago and parked in an underground garage. It seemed pretty hairy, but I had at least 6" of clearance. I want to say the roof of my Wildtrak, with the Bestop closed is right about 76".

JR

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

If you go from 32's to 35's you will also need a lift. If you keep the roof height at or below the SAS Bronco height you should be fine. Most home garage door openings are 7ft/84" stay below that and you should be good.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My garage at home is just under 7' and I scrape the antennae when pulling in. I'm adding another garage with an 8' door so that won't be an issue for long.

Drive throughs are usually pretty high, I wouldn't be concerned at all.

Parking garages are another thing completely - some have very low entrances - my '07 JKUX with 4" lift and 37s would not fit in many parking garages. Also had a roof rack, and I hit the banger bars a few times pulling into a garage and had to back out and park elsewhere. The only garage I parked it in regularly was the extended term at TIA and it fit there ;)

Best advice I have is to keep your antennae. Since it extends a few inches above your roof, you can use it as a guide when entering a garage.

Stu10

Outer Banks
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Outerbanks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have an outerbanks SAS, 2.25" RPG perch collars and 37" tires and have no issues fitting in 7' parking garages. I park in garages daily and believe the lowest I have tried was 6'9 or 6'10 which was an older garage in downtown Austin.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Odd..I have a typical 7' garage and with my WT (non Hoss 3 Sasquatch) and the factory roof rack, I only have 3" of gap when I pull in.

So larger than 35s and a lift to accommodate is out of the question.

OP
OP

srd1122

Outer Banks
First Name
Sarah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Odd..I have a typical 7' garage and with my WT (non Hoss 3 Sasquatch) and the factory roof rack, I only have 3" of gap when I pull in.

So larger than 35s and a lift to accommodate is out of the question.
It sounds like larger tires aren’t as much of a concern as I thought they would be. I think I remember seeing in one of the YouTube review videos someone mentioned clearance in drive-thrus and parking garages, so I just thought it would be more of an issue then it sounds like it will be.

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've got a SAS with 35" tires, garage at my new work has 6'-5" clearance...took off my roof rack so I could fit.
Sponsored