Sponsored

Las Vegas Off-Rodeo Xtra Insurance Worth It?- (BRaptor)

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Searched for this but didn't find much on whether or not the extra damage insurance is necessary for the Vegas Location. Am headed there for my freebie with purchase, I'm not a novice off-roader but not pro-class either and am wondering how aggressive this trail/experience is and whether its worth the xtra $150. I have comp insurance on my own policy and am relatively careful in rough situations, but... it is a BRaptor model and I can easily see how minor damages might quickly exceed the $3500 limit of the ins.

Can anyone advise, even if your BRaptor experience wasn't in Vegas?

(And secondly & more importantly, would the insurance allow me to let loose and have more fun/be more aggressive while driving?)
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If $150 gives you more peace of mind then go for it. I didn't, and still had fun.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Have not heard of anyone having to use the insurance...

OP
OP

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If $150 gives you more peace of mind then go for it. I didn't, and still had fun.
Thanks. More specifically, I'm wondering how much leeway drivers are afforded by the instructors while on trail. Are we even allowed to get ourselves into a predicament that results in damage, or do they keep us all on pretty tight leash?

Sponsored
OP
OP

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I bet this guy could have used insurance.

1709939947774.jpeg
Oh no way!! Was that Vegas? No matter how soft you lay it over, BRaptor drivers side flares alone would blow past the $3500 deduct. Not incl mirror, wheel rash, door handles, windows/doors/body panels/hardtop, etc.

Mad Max

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your comp covers off road damage? Check that.

OP
OP

RIDE

Raptor
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old Pony
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yes, this was at Vegas. I pulled it from this post.
Well…. I believe this answers my question. Thanks for directing me to it. Not sure how I missed that searching other than my keyword was insurance, not waiver. That’d be my luck as the lead guy without it also.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When we were at Moab last year the guides there said someone flipped just a couple weeks before - a case of gunning the accelerator on something steep and lost control.

Pretty much as long as you listen to the guides you'll do fine - they do this day in and day out. But accidents do happen.

Sponsored

Bill K

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Searched for this but didn't find much on whether or not the extra damage insurance is necessary for the Vegas Location. Am headed there for my freebie with purchase, I'm not a novice off-roader but not pro-class either and am wondering how aggressive this trail/experience is and whether its worth the xtra $150. I have comp insurance on my own policy and am relatively careful in rough situations, but... it is a BRaptor model and I can easily see how minor damages might quickly exceed the $3500 limit of the ins.

Can anyone advise, even if your BRaptor experience wasn't in Vegas?

(And secondly & more importantly, would the insurance allow me to let loose and have more fun/be more aggressive while driving?)
I told the off rodeo lead guy in Texas I was going to bypass the insurance in Texas because I told him I trusted he knew what he was doing. He did. All good and saved a very little dough...

HighVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triumph Scrambler, Ferrari 458
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You'd probably be better off getting a policy from your current insurance company that would cover more than $3500, or perhaps even a combination of both.

cat69man

Wildtrak
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr. Bronco Sasquatch, 2022 Roadglide Limited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I did Vegas in Oct 22 and asked that question when I signed in. She told me the spotters/guides are great and they groom the trails and if you pay attention to them you will be fine. She was right and I had a great time. I would do it again but the price.
my advise like others, if it makes you feel more comfortable. Do it, otherwise trust the great folks there and really enjoy the experience.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was at the LV Rodeo and it was fun. I was glad I got the insurance (as did my daughter)...
not because it was needed or because the terrain was that challenging, but its just another thing to not have to worry about.

Or putting it another way... you don't need it... until you need it. In the larger scheme of things $150 isn't anything.

BCKMRKR

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak 2-Door, '19 Miata, '15 M235i
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your comp covers off road damage? Check that.
I second that. You are driving someone else's car (normally covered), but insurance may equate this to track driving.
Sponsored