Straightbase

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Base MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Decided to pull the top off of my 2 door Base for the first time this weekend, everything went well except for the factory cross threaded bolt on the bed rail. Fast forward to yesterday afternoon when I decided to move the shell off of the ground where my son and I decided to leave it when it was removed. Found a great solution in sliding the top onto a folding banquet table. Being as OCD is I am i needed to reduce the footprint of storage so i decided to rest the rack on top of the top because it was more consolidated and reduced the footprint of storage. Everything is still great. Very happy with the idea but couldnt leave well enough alone so I lifted the rear glass to be sure that everything was stable on the table, which it was. Let me reiterate iI think this was a great solution... fast forward about 30 seconds when I decided to close the rear glass. Turns out I should have pushed the rack onto the roof as opposed to letting it hang off the back and just resting the rack reals on the top. As I begin to close the rear glass I feel a bit of resistance and then pop the window explodes. Turns out the retention clip for the rack cleared on opening but decided to grab the glass on closure and exploded. I was beside myself mainly becauseI should have payed better attention. AfterI pulled myself together I grabbed my son to help me clean up the mess. It didnt take too much time before my son decided he was good to talk it out with me. The conversation went like this

My Son: So Dad what was the first thing you told me about working with the Bronco?
Me: I dont recall.
My Son: Dont force anything.

The very lesson that I was trying to impart many months ago was one that I didnt adhere to myself. Still cant believe it happened but insurance covered it and it is not the end of the world.
Sponsored

BOLD Renegade93

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It sucks that it happened but times like this are the memories they never forget.

“Hey dad, remember the time…”