Sponsored

Let’s discuss hand washing. What tricks of the trade do y’all have?

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I stand by rinse with pressure washer (40 degree tip) to knock the bulk off, then foam cannon then rinse, then foam cannon. Hit it with a clean soaked mitt two bucket method with grit trap in the rinse bucket. Hit it with a iron x or some other fallout remover then just do a quick hand wax.

Thinking of switching over to a ceramic or graphene type protectant as the wax looks great but my god does it attract the dust.

I source all of my microfiber from Costco. They are some damn good rags. But why they decided on putting a tag on every damn rag in the pack is beyond me.

Paranoid about using microfibers more than once on the exterior. Typical life cycle is once on the body, few times on the trim, interior cleaning then used for general cleaning around the house then garbage.
Sponsored

sn1088

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
………..but my god does it attract the dust
Hell yes it does, LOL. Just lays there in a dust layer like almost instantly (goes to show how much is kicked up while driving).

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

what under carriage pressure broom attachment do you have? Link?

i haven’t thought of using one but interested in doing some research

My head is spinning from all of this 🥴But like many others, I’m a fan of foam cannons so I use one too. So it goes without saying that I use a pressure washer for the cannon. Also bought an under carriage pressure broom attachment that works wonders. I use high quality products from the likes mentioned above. My regulars are Griot’s Garage and Meguiar’s. I also use Cerakote paint, trim and glass ceramic coatings as necessary. Best investment so far has been an RV type water spigot/hose filter for the pressure washer water intake. Greatly reduces water spots.

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
what under carriage pressure broom attachment do you have? Link?

i haven’t thought of using one but interested in doing some research
This is what I have. There are quite a few out there, but I got mine at Home Depot on a deal.

Ryobi Pressure Washer Water Broom - RY31211 - (Bulk Packaged - Non-Retail Packaging) https://a.co/d/bYmfOrD

Sponsored

MK0412

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Accord and Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I’ll check it out. Thanks for the response!

This is what I have. There are quite a few out there, but I got mine at Home Depot on a deal.

Ryobi Pressure Washer Water Broom - RY31211 - (Bulk Packaged - Non-Retail Packaging) https://a.co/d/bYmfOrD

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Depends on how dirty the vehicle is as to how it gets washed. All my vehicles get treated the same way.

If the vehicle is only dusty or road dust, rinse with a pressure washer, then use a foam cannon, rinse with deionized water, blow off the majority of water, towel dry with a Griot's PFM drying towel, and finish the vehicle with The Last Coat.

If the vehicle is muddy, sandy, or has dirt that could scratch the finish when washing - rinse with the pressure washer, foam cannon, rinse, second foam cannon, and then two buckets with multiple micro-fiber washing towels - I use one towel per car section. The water in the buckets is changed as needed depending on the amount and type of dirt. Rinse with deionized water, blow off, towel dry, and finish with The Last Coat.

Once a year the finish gets washed with a citrus car wash to strip the waxes and sealants off. Then I go over the entire vehicle with iron remover, then a nanoskin clay towel, then the paint is buffed, sealed with an SiO2 sealant, then a ceramic wax, then Zaino Z-CS clear seal, and then Zaino Z-8.

In between the yearly rejuvenation - wash regularly and finish with The Last Coat.

My wife's 10-year-old SHO sits outdoors 24/7, as does my F350. Both vehicles look like new - including the trim plastic, headlights, and windows.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If Im just taking a leak, i have a touchless method that lets me skip the hand washing. Real time saver.
Reminds of when my daughter was a teen and would come out of bathroom, shake the water from her hands at us and declare "don't you just hate when you pee on yourself"

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon, 2016 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pac
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My head is spinning from all of this 🥴But like many others, I’m a fan of foam cannons so I use one too. So it goes without saying that I use a pressure washer for the cannon. Also bought an under carriage pressure broom attachment that works wonders. I use high quality products from the likes mentioned above. My regulars are Griot’s Garage and Meguiar’s. I also use Cerakote paint, trim and glass ceramic coatings as necessary. Best investment so far has been an RV type water spigot/hose filter for the pressure washer water intake. Greatly reduces water spots.
Can you give a li k to what filter you use? I’m seeing them on Amazon but they don’t say anything about water spots so I’m not sure I’m looking at the right thing.

Sponsored

Big Pony

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Ascent LTD '20
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can you give a li k to what filter you use? I’m seeing them on Amazon but they don’t say anything about water spots so I’m not sure I’m looking at the right thing.
None of them would say anything about water spots. They just help with water hardness and therefore with mineral residue when the rinse water dries out. The water in the San Diego area I live is heavy with trace minerals so we use filters with almost everything. But to answer your question, these are the ones I purchased recently. They come in a 4-pack. In the past I’ve used the ones they have at Walmart in the automotive/RV aisles with same results. The amazon ones happened to be cheaper so sticking with those for now. Hope it helps!

RVGUARD Inline RV Water Filter,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QMC54XK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Can someone please explain what the two bu let method is. I always used to just wash my SR5 4 Runner with one bucket, sponge, soap and water. Since I now have a 2023 Shadow black raptor, ( it was ceramic coated) I want to take better care of it and do it right. Also looking into one of the chemical guys water cannons as we also have a 2016 scat pac challenger that is also black.

76to22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Can someone please explain what the two bu let method is. I always used to just wash my SR5 4 Runner with one bucket, sponge, soap and water. Since I now have a 2023 Shadow black raptor, ( it was ceramic coated) I want to take better care of it and do it right. Also looking into one of the chemical guys water cannons as we also have a 2016 scat pac challenger that is also black.
The 2 bucket method...1 bucket to dip your dirty sponge/mit, and also has a grate to pull and trap dirt to the bottom of the bucket. 2nd bucket has cleaning solution. Dirty sponge never goes into 2nd bucket, it must be wiped across grate in bucket 1 first. Still not a very good way to wash, because the sponge/mit still has small particles that scratch paint. Black paint is the easiest to scratch too.

Spiderwolf

Raptor
First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
None of them would say anything about water spots. They just help with water hardness and therefore with mineral residue when the rinse water dries out. The water in the San Diego area I live is heavy with trace minerals so we use filters with almost everything. But to answer your question, these are the ones I purchased recently. They come in a 4-pack. In the past I’ve used the ones they have at Walmart in the automotive/RV aisles with same results. The amazon ones happened to be cheaper so sticking with those for now. Hope it helps!

RVGUARD Inline RV Water Filter,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08QMC54XK?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
Thanks for that. Not sure what’s in my water in Georgia but I get bad water spots here as well. How often do you change the filter.
The 2 bucket method...1 bucket to dip your dirty sponge/mit, and also has a grate to pull and trap dirt to the bottom of the bucket. 2nd bucket has cleaning solution. Dirty sponge never goes into 2nd bucket, it must be wiped across grate in bucket 1 first. Still not a very good way to wash, because the sponge/mit still has small particles that scratch paint. Black paint is the easiest to scratch too.
seems to me the only way would be to dump the dirty water in bucket one after every dipping and cleaning of sponge so as not to keep picking up dirt particles snd dirty water.

76to22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thanks for that. Not sure what’s in my water in Georgia but I get bad water spots here as well. How often do you change the filter.

seems to me the only way would be to dump the dirty water in bucket one after every dipping and cleaning of sponge so as not to keep picking up dirt particles snd dirty water.
A pressure washer (about 1200 psi) is all you need. Ditch the buckets all together. Yeah, the foam cannon is good, but not necessary. A good waterless wash is the way to go, unless your car is caked (that's what the pressure washer is for.)
Sponsored