Sponsored

How do y’all clean the dirt/mud from the inside of bronco?

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the MGV seats and have been taking my bronco out to muddy mountian trails and dunes. With it being summer I’ve had the top off so I haven't cleaned it in a month and just wanted to see what’s the best/easiest way to clean the interior without messing up the electronics. Can I just take a water hose or light power washer to most of the interior? Obviously not the screen or dash. Thanks guys!

B3126447-5FEF-4894-959C-1A32ABC5F175.jpeg

52A9366C-27A0-41C4-831B-D6548024975A.jpeg
Sponsored

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a water hose #badlands love

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
yeah dont spray the radio or flood the vents you will hate yourself

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% do NOT use a power washer, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't hose down any of the interior even with vinyl floors. Have you seen all the gaps and crevices that water can get into and end up between the metal floor and vinyl floor? The only part I'd actually use a light spraying of hose is the actual footwells.

Your screen also isn't watertight. There's been plenty of people that have posted on here showing water getting into the screen just from rain.

Got any pics of how dirty it is?

Sponsored

akturbo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco, 3500HD Chevy, Rav4Prime, Turbo Skidoo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having dismantled my entire Bronco there is no way I'd spray water anywhere in there. All your wires run down the side channels by the doors and the water will collect under the rubber flooring and become trapped. I have absolutely covered my interior with dirt/dust/mud on multiple occasions. Griot's Garage cleaner and detailing brushes will get it back to new. No easy way out, towels, brushes and cleaner.

Again, don't take a hose to your interior!! Marketing BS!

Edit: I like to run doorless and topless, gets real dirty every time I go out!
Ford Bronco How do y’all clean the dirt/mud from the inside of bronco? IMG_8902

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Zero pressure! First vac out the loose stuff. Then apply some water with minimal pressure. Drains? Ehh. Just wet vac the the water and dirt out. Then do normal cleaning methods. It’s not meant to be drenched.

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are you talking the ones under the seat if so you don't realy have to worry about them they will drain but if you want to cover them put a bug over them with a rubber band

Yeti-X

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And as stated don't drown it but I have sprayed out my bronco and all my jeeps previously without electronic woes but I dont spray the dash but if you can't hose out the rest leave it parked in the garage with the top and doors on it will stay cleaner then

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

100% do NOT use a power washer, lol. Honestly, I wouldn't hose down any of the interior even with vinyl floors. Have you seen all the gaps and crevices that water can get into and end up between the metal floor and vinyl floor? The only part I'd actually use a light spraying of hose is the actual footwells.

Your screen also isn't watertight. There's been plenty of people that have posted on here showing water getting into the screen just from rain.

It’s mostly dirt but I have some areas where red sand dried up too so it’s a little harder on there. I’ll try to take pics when I get home but nothing too crazy I believe.

Sponsored

Sardine

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Elantra N - 6 speed & 2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just use some automotive interior all purpose cleaner and some microfiber towels. An interior detailing brush for scrubbing anything really caked on.

Anything that runs down into the actual footwells can be lightly hosed out and drained out of the drain holes.

That would be my approach.

Then, I'd wipe everything plastic or rubber down with Aerospace 303.

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having dismantled my entire Bronco there is no way I'd spray water anywhere in there. All your wires run down the side channels by the doors and the water will collect under the rubber flooring and become trapped. I have absolutely covered my interior with dirt/dust/mud on multiple occasions. Griot's Garage cleaner and detailing brushes will get it back to new. No easy way out, towels, brushes and cleaner.

Again, don't take a hose to your interior!! Marketing BS!

Edit: I like to run doorless and topless, gets real dirty every time I go out!
Ford Bronco How do y’all clean the dirt/mud from the inside of bronco? IMG_8902
Nice! Thanks! Honestly don’t see too enough people using their broncos in fun ways out in the streets. Most are too clean for my liking haha.

OP
OP
Perdido214

Perdido214

Badlands
First Name
Memo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 f150 5.0 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would just use some automotive interior all purpose cleaner and some microfiber towels. An interior detailing brush for scrubbing anything really caked on.

Anything that runs down into the actual footwells can be lightly hosed out and drained out of the drain holes.

That would be my approach.

Then, I'd wipe everything plastic or rubber down with Aerospace 303.
Thanks. I’ll look into the product haven’t used it.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I finally had to get the garden hose out after my last outing for the interior. Seats and floors are fine, I don't use open water on the dash or console area. just a damp towel.

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree with others on not spraying out your interior.
I clean it like all other vehicles, a vacuum, some microfiber cloths, and my favorite cleaning chemicals.

I also use a few different attachments for different areas, and a small duster.
There's no shortcut - if I plan to go out with the top down or off, I also plan on sitting in dust and dirt until I clean it all off again.
Sponsored