Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya stinger/bull bar and lights no prob...but winch and Drings...gotta have SOLID mounting points for those! gotta be able to handle 2.5x the weight of the entire vehicle to work!
Is this not the same bumper? Idk
Ford Bronco Let’s talk about bumpers 88929D0D-3BCB-4059-8E41-CBC61CF267B4
Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is the "rough" type of bumper I need...styling can be adapted to suit the Bronco of course!

20200717_183142_LI (2).jpg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now you can see on this truck what I did is cut a hole for the fairlead and built a platform between the frame rails to actually act as a winch cradle. It is strong enough to lift the entire truck, but what is missing? No D rings, and no good way (from a cosmetic standpoint) to mount them. So what I do when I need snatchblocks is I use an extra treehugger and wrap it around the end of the framerail where the bumper bolts on. the winch cradle acts as a stop so the snatchblock doesnt rip my bumper off...but the bumper has been bent and twisted over the years from doing this...and after recovery often the tree hugger is so tight I have to just leave it there. The next washout usually wets it down enough to get it off!

p.s. can you believe that little plastic strip on the bottom of the bumper is still there? No bs that's factory and I figured it would be long gone by now....it actually looks good?

Ford Bronco Let’s talk about bumpers 20200705_131358 (2)

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's another homebuilt...but very functional. Instead of Dring mounts just has heavy loops welded in...but serves the purpose ok. Makes a nice place to put your beverage when stopped on the trail...as you can see in this pic...I believe that is a sunkist...must have been early in the day!

20190720_091345_LI (2).jpg

Reactions: N3T

Sponsored

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably has to sit on top so the winch won't block the intercooler
This brings up a final point I was going to make. If you look at my above pics, my Bronco, though very aesthetic, is ABSOLUTELY AWFUL when trying to recover. If you are truly stuck, your bumper WILL BE BURIED! Sure sometimes you can hammer down and get in a frt end high position...not always! Look at the 2 jeep bumpers...the winch is mounted high and easily accessable. On the red jeep it pretty much blocks off the grill! When that one is stuck (as it often is) its bing bang boom and out...The white jeep I have actually gotten stuck deliberately in order to provide anchor for others. My bronco, however, is ALWAYS the heaviest vehicle in the group and when its stuck...OH MAN is it ever! But add having to dig through the mud just to find my winch? No fun at all!

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
At this point I like the heavy duty modular steel bumper on the Badlands. Seems a good choice until I financially recover from the purchase. It looks good, you can add accessories. You can remove ends I believe.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I will have to see them in person. On my FJ I ran an ARB up front and an Expedition-1 in the rear. It will likely take the aftermarket a year or so to catch up with Bronco parts.
Bumpers are pretty simple. I'd bet at least a couple companies will have them for sale before you get your Bronco.

Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I like everything but the winch angle. I think it'd work better in that flat plane just under the aux lights.

Amp Research are a nice touch, too. A couple more builds like this and I might reconsider my 2DR choice.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Everyone here forgot why the winch HAS to be on top of the bumper.

THAT DAMNED RADAR (the little plastic rectangle recessed into the bumper).

Ford Bronco Let’s talk about bumpers 1595919236242

And before you think: "Oh I'll just move it," then good luck. That radar will never work quite right if it's located anywhere other than the exact spot that it's calibrated for. Honestly, I wish that they would have kept that crap off the Mid Package. If FORScan can remove it, then it's absolutely coming off.

bobby bunny time

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flintstones mobile
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Looks like for the modular ford will sell various add on bars and stuff for protection, lights, looks... I do like the look and flexibility of it
I think peeps are gonna go nutz with the bd. have to use those aux switches for something. why not a couple of lights that can see 1/2 mile

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve never had a vehicle with a steel bumper. Is the advantage of these about the strength needed to mount stuff to it? Or is this actually going to benefit me in a mad max/zombie land/ Antifa riot setting?

Marine2146

Badlands
First Name
Dillon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The winch bracket on the overland concept seemed to be more refined and production ready than the earlier photos. Also looks like the hoop could be an option.

B756A0F5-D1CB-415A-80C2-91A5E3E1C6E1.jpeg

67C16EF4-2D9C-4049-9133-4CAFCBBF9782.jpeg
Sponsored