Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You didn't really answer what I was looking for

Does removing the wheel give you better access than turning the wheels to the side? It's not hard to pull a wheel and if it gives you better access maybe some would prefer to pull the wheel even if they don't have to because it makes the job easier

If a dealer was servicing the truck on a lift do they remove the wheel? Even if just to rotate tires at the same time

Just breathe a bit dude, the trucks got a minor serviceability issue, it's not a fatal flaw
Breathing fine. I'm 6'1", 250 lbs with wide shoulders. It's not difficult for me to straddle the wheel (as it's turned hard right) and remove the three little clips to pull back the splash shield, left arm over the side of the wheel, right arm in the well. For oil filter removal I can one-hand the strap wrench with right arm, then lean in for un-screwing.

We don't have turning radius specs for Bronco yet (do we?), but I would assume it is better than Ranger, so there is more room, even with the taller/wider tires. A guess (not having any info on the Bronco wheel well, and assuming the exact same filter arrangement), is that Bronco would be easier. Especially for the drain plug as Ranger has less ground clearance.

Seems to be a non-starter issue in my mind. Although personally I think that Ford will re-locate the filter location for Bronco, even if only slightly by way of adapter plate.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i guess i have to learn about inches and all the fractions that make up in an inch. always had european cars. so millimetres are very nice to work with. no 5/16ths BS to deal with. it's a 8mm, 9mm, 10mm. all nice round numbers to work with. they're double digits even. no fractions to remember like some made up measurement.
Ford Bronco Let's get real on maintenance nm2dvyp3js541

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I dont know about the 2.7, but on my 3.5 they placed the oil drain plug in the wrong spot. If its the same, and you've never experienced it, its quite something your first time to see how far it shoots out the passenger side of the vehicle. Think I measured close to 5ā€™ lol. After that, I was forced to watch a video even though Ive done 50+ oil changes on my various vehicles over the years.

Regarding brake pads, never had a challenge changing even on import vehicles. Takes me longer to get out the jack, stands, tools, raised in the air and tires removed than to swap the brakes out.

Sponsored

aabsalon

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am a total DIY guy, doing my own maintenance on crusty rusty piles of Fords that flipped the odometer 2 or 3 times and still go & pass inspection. My 2018 Fusion broke my back so to speak. I love that little car, but things changed and it is all dealer service on it as I don't have a lift. Best that I can do on the Fusion is cabin air filter, engine air filter, wiper blades, and screen wash fluid refills. Mom has a 2020 Escape and I think I can care for that about 80%, The days of an owner doing all their own vehicle service are over.
I was shocked on my wife's new Kia Soul, I can change the oil easily without even lifting the vehicle, or spilling oil. Some engineer was thinking at least on that aspect. But I get what you're saying about some new cars, I've had headaches when it comes to the electronics especially, and I work in IT. Electronics and computer control offer unmatched control of the combustion and other processes compared to older vehicles ... when they work as intended. When they don't it can be headache city.

toystwo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avalanche, Tracker, S-10, 911, GTI, Volt, 528i
Your Bronco Model
Base
i guess i have to learn about inches and all the fractions that make up in an inch. always had european cars. so millimetres are very nice to work with. no 5/16ths BS to deal with. it's a 8mm, 9mm, 10mm. all nice round numbers to work with. they're double digits even. no fractions to remember like some made up measurement.
Good news for you, all auto manufacturers use metric fasteners.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
STOP REPEATING THIS INCORRECT INFORMATION!!!!!

If you do not personally KNOW something, VERIFY your "opinion" before spouting it. By the time I could even give the correct information in post 21, somebody already spouts the INCORRECT information from some damn article that came out before Rangers were delivered that had to be corrected or redacted.....

YOU ARE INCORRECT ON THIS MATTER. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO REMOVE THE WHEEL TO ACCESS RANGER OIL FILTER.
But you still have to dismount/remount/balance the tire, right? :ROFLMAO:

Sponsored

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I donā€™t know what they are going to do on the bronco but on my f150 with the 2.7 and all the 2.7 Iā€™ve seen in the shop have plastic drain plugs.

Jp215

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m my 16+ years as an auto tech. Iā€™ve used my standard tools maybe 10 times. And when I do itā€™s usually assembling equipment or the rare occasion a 70s mustang comes in. That happened 1 time

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd like to be a wise ass like everyone else, but decided not to be for one.

1. If similar to F150 it doesn't look too bad, similar to Ranger more of a pain but doable.
2. Most likely
3. Brake pads I've always felt are pretty simple. Sure you will need metric, because you know... Europeans ?
4. In the last 20 years ever known a serpentine belt to be all that simple?
5. Unless it's a Mustang, they never seem to be.
6. Can't see why it wouldn't be. Except for the post above mine that said it is on an Escape.

And if I may add to these questions (before I A Google it). Does this little V6 have a timing belt? or better yet a timing chain? Hoping for a chain!!! And off to Google I go.

Edit: Seems from what I'm seeing online.. it's a chain.... thank god!!!!
Amen on the chain!
Sponsored