Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone put a leveling kit on a non sas black diamond with the steelies? Wondering if I would notice a difference or if I should go on and go 2 inch lift and save for some 35’s. Not looking to do any hardcore off roading, mostly easy trails and forest roads for camping. Thanks!
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'd say for your use it would be just right. 1 to 1.5 front only or front and back depending on the rake you want will serve well.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is SO MUCH work getting the front shocks out that you might as well do the 2" lift. You know you will want it and 35's later anyway.

OP
OP
Cwill79

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It is SO MUCH work getting the front shocks out that you might as well do the 2" lift. You know you will want it and 35's later anyway.
This is what I was leaning towards, just concerned it might look a little silly until I can get those 35s. Give me some encouragement to go for it. Lol

Evans67bro

Black Diamond
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 67Bronco,2022 BD,2023 BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I put a 2" rough country spacer lift on my wife's 4 door non SAS black diamond and installed a set of Wildtrack wheels and tires. Love it no regrets at all. We got almost 10,000 miles on it since it was installed no problems at all. Getting ready to do the same to my 2023 2 door.

Ford Bronco Leveling kit on non sas BD ? 20220923_111332

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cwill79

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That looks great! Thanks for the info. Maybe I’ll try to find some larger take offs.

RunningJerk

Black Diamond
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2" front, 1" rear level kit on mine with 33" tires on the steelies. In my opinion 2" level in the front makes the front end just a bit too high. 1.5" would have made it closer to "level." If I had to do it again I would skip the level kit. Unless you are doing it yourself you are paying someone to install the level kit, then potentially paying someone else to do the alignment, and at the end you have stock suspension but a bit higher ride height. It looks fine, if that is what you are after. However, the ride itself isn't great. Eventually I'll get Fox shocks (if they ever come out with their reasonably priced shocks). I like the 33" tires but the level kit isn't necessary to clear them, and depending on who you talk to you don't need to raise the ride height for 35"s either. Long story short, the steelies with a 1-2" level kit looks fine, though I didn't do it with the stock BD tires on it so I don't know how THAT looks.

OP
OP
Cwill79

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a 2" front, 1" rear level kit on mine with 33" tires on the steelies. In my opinion 2" level in the front makes the front end just a bit too high. 1.5" would have made it closer to "level." If I had to do it again I would skip the level kit. Unless you are doing it yourself you are paying someone to install the level kit, then potentially paying someone else to do the alignment, and at the end you have stock suspension but a bit higher ride height. It looks fine, if that is what you are after. However, the ride itself isn't great. Eventually I'll get Fox shocks (if they ever come out with their reasonably priced shocks). I like the 33" tires but the level kit isn't necessary to clear them, and depending on who you talk to you don't need to raise the ride height for 35"s either. Long story short, the steelies with a 1-2" level kit looks fine, though I didn't do it with the stock BD tires on it so I don't know how THAT looks.
Thanks for the insight. I found some pictures of a 2 inch lift with the stock BD tires. Yea, kind of made me change my mind and not go that route. I think I've decided on just leveling and going to 33's soon.
Thanks again to everyone for the info.

KSBronco73

Outer Banks
First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MINI. Cooper S 2dr, 2017 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the insight. I found some pictures of a 2 inch lift with the stock BD tires. Yea, kind of made me change my mind and not go that route. I think I've decided on just leveling and going to 33's soon.
Thanks again to everyone for the info.
I have a leveling kit on my '22 2door OBX with 33" KO2's. I find the ride just fine, not much of a difference from stock IMO. I find it still has a bit too much gap between the tires and the fender for my taste, but I didn't like the stock look at all. I'm sure I will eventually go with 35's, but happy with this look at the moment.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am in the camp of just forgoing the spacers until I can do new coilovers all around. Won't be going on new tires until the stock ones get ready to need replacements.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cwill79

Cwill79

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in the camp of just forgoing the spacers until I can do new coilovers all around. Won't be going on new tires until the stock ones get ready to need replacements.
Right. With all the other money spent already, its hard to justify to the wife that we need new tires to replace the new tires. ha

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Right. With all the other money spent already, its hard to justify to the wife that we need new tires to replace the new tires. ha
Yeah almost every person who see's mine is like "WOW YOU NEED BIGGER TIRES" like it's not already on 32s. The way they designed the under carriage really limits ground clearance so even jumping up to a 35 only gains you 1.5" of clearance anyways. Like you I don't plan for to much hardcore wheeling in a $45K vehicle.

I am going to go with wheel spacers in the interim to see if I want to keep the steelies long term or not.
Sponsored