First Name
Ihor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 Vette, 2017 Lexus RX450H
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
All this discussion is about the 4dr. For those of us who plan to purchase a 2dr, we have no option other than DIY paint a white top. A long time ago, there was an option for body color painted top, but Ford removed it.
Sponsored

Ksm

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So if someone was determined to white-top their rig after-market, which is the best way to go about it:

Option A: get color of your choice > paint top and top panels white > worry about fitment and leaks later.

Option B: Get a white Bronco with color-matched top > have the rest of the Bronco painted the color of your choice keeping the top, roll cage and body accents (door handles, trim pieces, etc.) factory white.

To me, Option B seems more expensive, but more likely to replicate the CG prototype that we all love so damn much, as well as alleviate concerns with painting the roof panels.
Option C: get the color you want and find someone with a white Bronco and try to trade

zaki

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lexus LS 500;'94 Acura NSX;'13 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Here's a thought, since you two geniuses are pushing having the tops painted, maybe when you guys pool your money together, you can BOTH pay to have everyone's top painted. Because in all honesty, Ford should have the white top (from the factory, as an option at the very least) on the new Bronco.

Until then get over the complaints about the lack of a white top. Especially since Ford has told us countless times how they tried to remain TRUE TO THE ORIGINAL. Guess what? EB's had white tops, they also had tailgates and SFA and V8's (as an option). So yeah, if you click on threads like these, you will see people that aren't happy about things. Just like people were with the Mansquatch. Did I want one? No. Did I sign the petition? Yes. Because I understood some people wanted it... wasn't an EB thing, it was a preference thing.

**And now I wait for Doug to swoop in and modify the hurtful comments out of my post
Damn, it's almost like the EB was produced in the 60s - 70s! Before all the big American auto went bankrupt and needed to get a bailout. It's called manufacturing efficiencies.

Some people think the younger generation is entitled, holy, they are wrong. V8s are dead, and so are endless options under the sun. Get over it.

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Damn, it's almost like the EB was produced in the 60s - 70s! Before all the big American auto went bankrupt and needed to get a bailout. It's called manufacturing efficiencies.

Some people think the younger generation is entitled, holy, they are wrong. V8s are dead, and so are endless options under the sun. Get over it.
Wow a white top is an endless option? Sure thing junior.. I LOVE having a black/grey top so my new Bronco looks like a Jeep from behind.

Or wait, let's include a white top and actually differentiate between the 2 a little? Not a bad idea since they copied the swing gate already. God forbid we have (3) top colors, the horrors, how will Ford not go bankrupt? Especially when a white top would probably outsell the other 2 combined.

But I like your thinking.. HAVE THEM ALL LOOK THE SAME. Go with the flow right? If it works for Chevy why not Ford? Let me know how a non-thinking follower works out for you in life.

Edit: BTW, if they weren't going for the looks from the 60's or 70's, then why not just do an off-road Explorer? How is it the reboot on the Mustang did so well when they went old school looks? Maybe that's because people actually want that shit.

Sponsored

brrke

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 NA8 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Wow a white top is an endless option? Sure thing junior.. I LOVE having a black/grey top so my new Bronco looks like a Jeep from behind.

Or wait, let's include a white top and actually differentiate between the 2 a little? Not a bad idea since they copied the swing gate already. God forbid we have (3) top colors, the horrors, how will Ford not go bankrupt? Especially when a white top would probably outsell the other 2 combined.

But I like your thinking.. HAVE THEM ALL LOOK THE SAME. Go with the flow right? If it works for Chevy why not Ford? Let me know how a non-thinking follower works out for you in life.

Edit: BTW, if they weren't going for the looks from the 60's or 70's, then why not just do an off-road Explorer? How is it the reboot on the Mustang did so well when they went old school looks? Maybe that's because people actually want that shit.
Yes because some boomer on a forum knows what will outsell more than the trained market research @ Ford HQ. If you want an EB go buy and EB, this is a new product. If they option multi colour hardtop options then I hope they charge correctly (would probably be 2x or 3x regular price) for it, but you'd probably complain about that too.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Seriously, the more I look at the new Bronco the more I see a jeep copy. Especially when I saw the reveal today:sick:. White top would go a long way of differentiating them and to hearkening Bronco heritage

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base

V8s are dead? You boomers never cease to amaze me.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes because some boomer on a forum knows what will outsell more than the trained market research @ Ford HQ. If you want an EB go buy and EB, this is a new product. If they option multi colour hardtop options then I hope they charge correctly (would probably be 2x or 3x regular price) for it, but you'd probably complain about that too.
they're already painting white modular tops for the white broncos for those who order body colored hardtops for their white bronco, wouldn't be any different, other than an additional option, then ordering a shadow black modular hardtop.

Sponsored

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Seriously, the more I look at the new Bronco the more I see a jeep copy. Especially when I saw the reveal today:sick:. White top would go a long way of differentiating them and to hearkening Bronco heritage
Agree. the amount they have watered this thing down since first reveal is drastic. the longer I look at it, the less I'm willing to pay. Basically, its an under-powered, compromised form factor that will require extensive additional modification to be usable.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

NEW UPDATE A DAY LATER

rjyhew456j56e.png

So in addition to the other things we need. We need to explain to the multi billion dollar company why white tops on a bronco that had white tops (for decades) are important.

This is insane. It seems they actually are going to produce the heinous "grey top" to stand out from jeep but not produce the white top that is basically a bronco brand item.

Looks like i might actually have to get the painted black top and take it to a paint shop. What a joke. read the room ford! people probably think they are getting white interiors too!

C6BEB777-5D33-4674-93D6-E8DE3CA17E1D.png
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the update.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And now sad to catch up on the thread. People. Let's keep arguing about politics or race or masks or something. Here's the deal, if you don't want a white top: DON'T GET ONE! Some do. Why is that a problem? I didn't want a stick squatch, but didn't see a need to castigate those who did. So if you don't want one, read another thread. ....done. As you were.

teerussyo

Black Diamond
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So if someone was determined to white-top their rig after-market, which is the best way to go about it:

Option A: get color of your choice > paint top and top panels white > worry about fitment and leaks later.

Option B: Get a white Bronco with color-matched top > have the rest of the Bronco painted the color of your choice keeping the top, roll cage and body accents (door handles, trim pieces, etc.) factory white.

To me, Option B seems more expensive, but more likely to replicate the CG prototype that we all love so damn much, as well as alleviate concerns with painting the roof panels.
Option B, you can then wrap the body in a retro color like Sky View Blue. But now I'm not sure if the 2 door offers the body colored top - anyone?

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm really wondering why you're so anti white top and continue to suffer both you and us on this post? Is it the boomer reference you keep going back to? Does the white top remind you of all the grey haired boomers? I can get you a doll if you want to point out where the bad man touched you.

At the end of the day each will make their own decision based on their own preferences with what's on the option list and yes, all here we're aware that we can paint it or modify it ourselves long before you arrived.

Another wonder, what's the bailout have to do with a white top? Boomers and bailouts, so edgy.
Sponsored