Sponsored

Life Happens: Fender Bender on the way to Purchase after Delivery! Effect on trade-in value?

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ordered Initially December 2021. Built April 13th 2023, Delivered May 22nd. Was on the way to the dealership to trade in my current car (2023 Integra) and buy the Bronco. Ended up getting into a fender bender with no shops within the area able to get me in within ~4 weeks for an estimate. Called the Dealer, let them know what had happened, and they offered me a suggestion about after getting an Estimate from the auto body shop we could still do the trade in and purchase the Bronco before the repair was completed. That way they would pick up the vehicle when repairs are completed, and I could still have the Bronco. Do you think I'm going to absolutely hosed on the Trade-In Value now? There's been no previous accidents, and off of Preliminary looks from a auto body shop there's no structural damage just a bunch of plastic! Thank you!
Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
You’re asking if a dealer is gonna hose you on a trade in?

Yes.

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak, 2023 Maverick XLT FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I often thought about this happening when I went to trade-in a car, apparently my fears were not unjust.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP
OP

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah, I was expecting to get hosed anyway but was hopeful because of the used car market to where maybe the Tax Credit would balance it all out. Not anymore, the replies were exactly what I expected. Thank you!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Tehese

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Integra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I often thought about this happening when I went to trade-in a car, apparently my fears were not unjust.
After ~12 years of driving the very first accident and ticket were at the worst possible time! Your fears were not unjust!

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
As they say..new fear unlocked..mine is usually with me test driving said vehicle lol..

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I once traded a fender bender truck for a new one. They had no problem. They did the repair. Deal worked out fine. You just have to work out your deal and if happy with it then it’s all good. You could also ask for diminished value from insurance. helps make up some loss.

shantel

Black Diamond
First Name
Shantel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Happened to me. Check engine light came on on the drive to the dealership. Lost $2,000 in trade in value.

4Fords

Outer Banks
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, OuterBanks, Bigbend, Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ordered Initially December 2021. Built April 13th 2023, Delivered May 22nd. Was on the way to the dealership to trade in my current car (2023 Integra) and buy the Bronco. Ended up getting into a fender bender with no shops within the area able to get me in within ~4 weeks for an estimate. Called the Dealer, let them know what had happened, and they offered me a suggestion about after getting an Estimate from the auto body shop we could still do the trade in and purchase the Bronco before the repair was completed. That way they would pick up the vehicle when repairs are completed, and I could still have the Bronco. Do you think I'm going to absolutely hosed on the Trade-In Value now? There's been no previous accidents, and off of Preliminary looks from a auto body shop there's no structural damage just a bunch of plastic! Thank you!
How much damage to your Integra? Structural or cosmetic? If you had the prior deal for trade in writing insurance may make up the difference especially if you were not at fault in the accident? Your insurance company can go after other drivers company if they are working for you! State Farm has been good about that for me! My wife’s transmission went out day before we traded her Dodge minivan in. Lost 10k on that trade cause no one could get transmissions at the time. That’s life!

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah..I lost $10k in trade in value because Ford took over 2 years to get me my Bronco.

broncobase1

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, trade in value is negotiable and part of your overall "deal", so your negotiation skills come into play. If the accident shows up on CarFax it will most likely affect the value somewhat. Of course the dealer will want to pay as little as possible accident or not, so do your due diligence. I usually start with getting a CarVana offer, which is an alternative to trading with the dealer. Your dealer will know how much the accident will affect their selling price and how much they will can offer you. Used cars are very hot right now, you got that going for you.
Sponsored