First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 screw 3.5eb
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have no dog in this fight, but its so similar to velocity blue, I'd hardly call it exclusive. If they werent side by side, you wouldn't know the difference at all
I don’t think they’re that close when you see them in person.
Sponsored

Broncofly

First Edition
First Name
Paulo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, Honda Africa Twin, Husqvarna 310R
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How is this helping......how can this idea look like a great thing.......how can they think it will go with Blue Death interior......how can they keep botching up color choices......how can adding more colors bring any life to Blue Death.......how can Blue Death be an exclusive if everyone hates it.......how can an “electric” color be a good idea to mix with a bland one.......how, how, how...............oh yeah, it’s 2020 and we’re living in an apocalypse of crap so this sounds like a great idea. Ughhh ?‍♂

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It wouldn't surprise me if Ford starts going away from velocity blue. It just seems like such a trendy color whose popularity will soon fade. Lightning blue will stand the test of time much better.
Colors tend to last 3-4 years and then get replaced by others - often similar ones, but slightly different. So yeah, I'm sure in the next couple of years, they'll shift away from VB too.

Ford could do better on their product communications: Up to this point I was under the assumption VB was available across the board. Was one of my options. Not anymore I guess.

The Navy Pier discussion is getting ridiculous: Don’t like it, don’t buy it. Pretty simple.
Ford released the color chart including what colors were available on what trims on release day. Not sure how they could've done any better with that.

Those all look basically the same to me. No one on the road is going to be able to accurately pick between them. I think Ford is just trying really hard to tie in the navy pier because they know no one wants it.
I have no dog in this fight, but its so similar to velocity blue, I'd hardly call it exclusive. If they werent side by side, you wouldn't know the difference at all
I notice the difference immediately on the road between VB and LB even if they're by themselves.

LB has more red in it and is a deeper color, VB is brighter.

Screenshot_20200923-164138_Twitter.jpg

Looks pretty easy to add a FE extra exterior color that no one asked for. Now how about adding a extra interior color that everyone is begging for. I'm happy for all the FE reservation holders that will be getting this color, but for the life of me can't figure out why Ford won't add another interior color. Still going with Cactus Gray. Crying shame that most FE res holders will be switching to Badlands or Wildtrak just to not have Navy pier interior. Ford is really falling asleep at the wheel on this one ?
I think they're only offering it because Ranger already had LB available the last few years at the factory, so they probably have enough left over at the plant to produce a few hundred or thousand units. They've moved away from LB everywhere else in the lineup (aside from EcoSport, which is made in India), I think if it weren't for that, LB as an FE-exclusive color wouldn't have been offered at all.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like it. Now if we can just get a better interior color. If not, then I will still be switching to Badlands edition.

Last edited:

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went today. They had a Fiesta but nothing else. Every other blue on the lot was Velocity or Blue Jeans. Guessing Bronco will be the last vehicle to get LB. Maybe thats why they gave it to us... using up old stock. It's a toss up between Lightning and Rapid for me. Never been a fan of blue. But Rapid isn't as nice as the old Ruby Red. Sometimes it looks great. Others it looks totally 'meh', like on this Escape.

20200923_181517.jpg
20200923_181617.jpg
My dealer has about 20 LB on the lot. Exodus sports, 2020 rangers, various used '17 F150, etc.

I agree with you on Rapid Red. I looks washed out or faded.

Sponsored

Mad Martigan

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and 1 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe we "poors" should start a petition to get Cyber Orange, Area 51, and Cactus Gray offered on all trims lol. I mean they are catering to 7500 people. It seemed to work for them.
tenor.gif
Nobody was asking for another blue though?

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Nobody was asking for another blue though?
I assume they are not very good listeners. How did you get to 90% of FE Res. owners want another interior choice to lets give FE Res. owners another exteror choice. I havn't bought a Ford in years and my thoughts on the Bronco roll out is starting to become a joke. Ashame that marketing and IT is dropping the ball, when their engineers worked so hard to build the perfect Bronco.
Ford Bronco Lightning Blue Announced Exclusively For Bronco First Edition! download

Last edited:

c2one

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I remember seeing a post by someone who said there were TWO colors we still haven’t seen. This is one and while not fully credible- Mr. Levine still says more to come.

?

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exclusively available because it looks better with Navy Pier interior. haha

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I remember seeing a post by someone who said there were TWO colors we still haven’t seen. This is one and while not fully credible- Mr. Levine still says more to come.

?
As far as I'm concerned, Ford can add 100 more exterior colors to the FE and I still wouldn't buy one because of the fugly blue interior

Last edited:

Sponsored

72roadster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford Bronco Lightning Blue Announced Exclusively For Bronco First Edition! 1600950402863

hardly scientific, but they changed their tune about mansquatch for numbers like these?
And not a squeak about changing the interior when i would imagine the numbers are overwhelming
I understand we are only talking about 7k-14k vehicles, but still

Wahoowa

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As much as we hate the Navy Pier, it may actually be fun to own. Everyone will want to see how ugly it is and it will be discussed for years. It might make the FE extra valuable when it becomes a classic because it will be known as a major Ford screw up. I can see one rolling down the Mecum line and the commentators will be reminiscing about the legendary interior.
Too good, I actually visualized
exactly what you said recently!! This seals it - I want it now because I’m not the only one thinking CRAZY stuff.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Lightning Blue Announced Exclusively For Bronco First Edition! 1600950402863

hardly scientific, but they changed their tune about mansquatch for numbers like these?
And not a squeak about changing the interior when i would imagine the numbers are overwhelming
I understand we are only talking about 7k-14k vehicles, but still
I think they figure those 7k vehicles are all going to be sold no matter what, people will be lined up to turn over their money...and the blue seats are already ordered.
Sponsored