Thakurtis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow my enthusiasm for the bronco went from 100-0 real quick after reading the spec sheet showing only manual for 2.3.

I would settle for an automatic only if it was a V8 and that is still a rather large compromise on my end.
V8 has the same torque as the v6

Also I don't know how reliable this source is but:

"Market research showed demand wasn't there and the MT would have required significantly more engineering to support the 2.7s torque rating."
Sponsored

OPBronco Tim

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Build 66 Bronco - 15 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base

"Market research showed demand wasn't there and the MT would have required significantly more engineering to support the 2.7s torque rating."
Exactly, 400 ft/lb with the crazy gear ratios they are offering would probably been a time bomb with warranty claims. Doesn't mean this swap won't be figured out pretty quick.

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

And? Isn’t that part of the point of the HALO models is to flex? Gt500 and gt350?
And I bet their market research was a bunch of college aged kids who drive a Prius and have never seen a stick. And will never buy a Bronco that isn’t full electric anyways. I’m hurt by this decision.

Thakurtis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And? Isn’t that part of the point of the HALO models is to flex? Gt500 and gt350?
And I bet their market research was a bunch of college aged kids who drive a Prius and have never seen a stick. And will never buy a Bronco that isn’t full electric anyways. I’m hurt by this decision.
I'd imagine a large part of their market research is how little manual Wrangler sales there are

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'd imagine a large part of their market research is how little manual Wrangler sales there are
And on the wrangler enthusiast are the ones who buy the stick, and enthusiasts are the ones who make it appeal to a wider audience.

Sponsored

rmillermich

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
You know I was a bit disappointed as well, would order the 2.7 with the MT in a 2 door as well, but after consideration, the 2.3 will be fine. I had the same thoughts when buying my 2019 F-150, and I decided on the 2.7 over the 3.5, there was plenty of power, which really surprised me. And I get 24mpg not towing, and sometimes 18-19 towing a trailer. 80% of the time, not towing, so good mileage, and no problem with power while towing anyway. I really like the 2.7 engine, but the 2.3 is fine. I've had good luck with I4 turbos, having several in 3 different audi's and it is almost the new universal power plant and ubiquitous across the industry. At least we'll have an extra 0.3 liters from the standard 2.0.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know I was a bit disappointed as well, would order the 2.7 with the MT in a 2 door as well, but after consideration, the 2.3 will be fine. I had the same thoughts when buying my 2019 F-150, and I decided on the 2.7, there was plenty of power, which really surprised me. And I get 24mpg not towing, and sometimes 18-19 towing a trailer. 80% of the time, not towing, so good mileage, and no problem with power while towing anyway. I really like the 2.7 engine, but the 2.3 is fine. I've had good luck with I4 turbos, having several in 3 different audi's and it is almost the new universal power plant and ubiquitous across the industry. At least we'll have an extra 0.3 liters from the standard 2.0.
I woke up with the same thinking. Ill just lower my trim and get a manual 4cyl since it cant tow anyway.

Thanks for saving me money, Ford?

Thakurtis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And on the wrangler enthusiast are the ones who buy the stick, and enthusiasts are the ones who make it appeal to a wider audience.
Well the appeal clearly isn't working

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I too am devastated by the reveal confirming the 2.7 doesn’t get manual option. To me it is the ultimate fail to not give performance enthusiasts(those who row their own gears)the more powerful engine option.

I fully intended to mod the Bronco and I know what the 2.3 EB is capable of. Adding 100 hp and torque can be done relatively cheaply and I’ve done it with other 4cyl turbos with 2 Subaru’s I’ve owned over last 13 years. But the potential of the 2.7 is even better and it’s infuriating! No replacement for displacemen:)

Also noticed the colors are limited on the Base Bronco! No Area 51 or Cactus

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mariner, 2016 CMAX, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't mind, I'm disappointed, but I already built a 2.3 before, I can do it again
My SAAB 9-5 had a 2.3 turbo and it was great. I am disappointed no FRONT DIG with the manual.

Sponsored

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Wow my enthusiasm for the bronco went from 100-0 real quick after reading the spec sheet showing only manual for 2.3.

I would settle for an automatic only if it was a V8 and that is still a rather large compromise on my end.
Nothing wrong with a 2.3. It hauled my heavy SAAB 9-5 and blew almost everything away from 30-70 MPH.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ya'll know this isn't a Ford transmission right? yea ford should have sourced a HD truck trans because this is a halo vehicle! Or developed their own manual from scratch! sheesh....

Now imagine if they did the opposite, what if you could only have the manual with the TTV6? I bet the outcry would be twice as much! "Wheres my base model" "wheres my utilitarian option"

I get it, it would be cooler, we all want every option everywhere. But can we be a bit honest with ourselves here? Why do we need the 2.7 over the 2.3? well because power! We want to be able to accelerate quicker and clear mud better etc. Now why do we want the manual on the 2.7? so we can do any of those things a bit more slowly, and less impressively, say something more akin to a 2.3!

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am thankful at this point they OFFER a manual. Yesterday I was disappointed. Today, I am happy.

Manual Black Diamond with Marine Vinyl and washout floor is calling my name. Now, I know FORD can offer me a GREEN bronco. I am mean another paint color doesn't cost any R&D, right?

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Went to bed last night disgusted i knew it was too good to be true. After thinking about all options i can drop my choice a few notches and get a base 2.3 stick sasquach . Its all going to depend on seeinGG one in person and driving a 2.3. Id rather have a big motor instead of something small all spun up.
Way to go you tide pod eaters for messing this all up.

eBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Mr. C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Went to bed last night disgusted i knew it was too good to be true. After thinking about all options i can drop my choice a few notches and get a base 2.3 stick sasquach . Its all going to depend on seeinGG one in person and driving a 2.3. Id rather have a big motor instead of something small all spun up.
Way to go you tide pod eaters for messing this all up.
Seriously, it isn't as bad as everyone thinks. A turbo 4-banger, especially a 2.3, is not a bad motor. It will have PLENTY of get up and go.
Sponsored