First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So after 6 weeks of my 22 wildtrak being at my Ford dealer I finally was able to go pick it up. Unfortunately it is the same as when I took it in. My dealer was in talks with Ford in Michigan asking why this is and what can be done. Issue is floor vent setting only the air comes out 10% on the front floor and zero % in the back (4 door)under the driver and passenger seats. 90% of the air comes out of the driver and passenger door defrost vents. Ford HQ or whatever they are in Michigan got back to them and said that is how they were designed to work and they are working properly. My dealer agrees with me that it is a shit design but can't do anything about it. They replaced the blend door for nothing because it didn't work. I actually got to check 6 different Broncos on the lot including a Raptor and they all did the same exact thing as mine. I think it's BS but I got it back and now its time to drive it. Anyone else with the issue I wish you guys the best.
Sponsored

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When i picked my truck in March, the blend door was stuck and had zero vent flow - i.e., no AC. After a few months of waiting for parts, they replaced the blower unit. I noticed the same thing you are now that it is getting cooler - heavy out the defroster vent and minimal on the floor. It is a horrible design.

Nickhick

Black Diamond
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 xtr, vw passat
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Dude hate to say it but this is OLD news. My #1 gripe. Winter is coming and so is cold kids and feet. I can't believe this was the approved HVAC design but it is. There are many threads on this issue.

Fishwrinkle

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 GC overland 5.7, 18 GC srt 6.4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
at least you guys have a hard top for the winter. OP i'm assuming the dealer looked, but driver side on the trans tunnel is where the supply to the rear connects and its just crap foam tape around the one end and jammed into a flared duct. nothing else holds it togther and mine was not fully seated. it helps but far from what i'd say expected. ford took too many short cuts on this flagship

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup. Almost no ventilation to the floor. Normal.

Someone here discovered their ducting wasn’t even connected to the vents under the seats. I haven’t been inspired enough to rip apart the interior to check mine out for that.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Buddahjoe

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dude hate to say it but this is OLD news. My #1 gripe. Winter is coming and so is cold kids and feet. I can't believe this was the approved HVAC design but it is. There are many threads on this issue.
I know its old news but for the people that reached out to me almost 2 months ago trying to help I just wanted to update them,that's all. Very crappy design indeed.

OP
OP
Buddahjoe

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yup. Almost no ventilation to the floor. Normal.

Someone here discovered their ducting wasn’t even connected to the vents under the seats. I haven’t been inspired enough to rip apart the interior to check mine out for that.
I dont blame you at all. Probably not worth the time ot effort for the result you will get. I will say all other settings are completely fine though.

OP
OP
Buddahjoe

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
at least you guys have a hard top for the winter. OP i'm assuming the dealer looked, but driver side on the trans tunnel is where the supply to the rear connects and its just crap foam tape around the one end and jammed into a flared duct. nothing else holds it togther and mine was not fully seated. it helps but far from what i'd say expected. ford took too many short cuts on this flagship
Well they said they looked ,but can't truly verify. I believe them though I saw pics of the whole dash and seats out. Yes they rushed through the whole process. I hope the model update will put in vents in the back like jeeps and most suv's.

OP
OP
Buddahjoe

Buddahjoe

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
When i picked my truck in March, the blend door was stuck and had zero vent flow - i.e., no AC. After a few months of waiting for parts, they replaced the blower unit. I noticed the same thing you are now that it is getting cooler - heavy out the defroster vent and minimal on the floor. It is a horrible design.
Was yours a brand new Bronco you ordered? Mine was used with 6,000 miles at an Infinity dealership of all places.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People were bitchin that they couldnt believe none of the Bronco demo/display models had rear vents. So Ford addressed that in 4 doors by just slapping some vents under the seats and connecting the tubes to the system up front. Apparently people were supposed to say that they couldn’t believe Ford didn’t have “functioning” rear vents in the demo/display models lol.

Sponsored

rpaluch1

Outer Banks
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was installing a rear cup holder that’s attached to the back of the rear console and noticed that the floor carpet under the front seats was completely covering the rear floor ducts. I used a screw driver and levered them below the ducts and what a difference. So check that as well.

Imonamoose

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Moose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You have a badlands so best bet would be to close off the rear vents so water does not get in them. They are worthless and a liability left open.

I remeber a guy who did a custom job with a 3d printer and brought them up to the center console. Might be an option.

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So after 6 weeks of my 22 wildtrak being at my Ford dealer I finally was able to go pick it up. Unfortunately it is the same as when I took it in. My dealer was in talks with Ford in Michigan asking why this is and what can be done. Issue is floor vent setting only the air comes out 10% on the front floor and zero % in the back (4 door)under the driver and passenger seats. 90% of the air comes out of the driver and passenger door defrost vents. Ford HQ or whatever they are in Michigan got back to them and said that is how they were designed to work and they are working properly. My dealer agrees with me that it is a shit design but can't do anything about it. They replaced the blend door for nothing because it didn't work. I actually got to check 6 different Broncos on the lot including a Raptor and they all did the same exact thing as mine. I think it's BS but I got it back and now its time to drive it. Anyone else with the issue I wish you guys the best.
Yes. My kids don't get any AC or Heat. It really sucks.

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, you guys think this qualifies as a lemon law and we can all return our Broncos, I know my really sucks when sitting in the back, I have to somehow aim the front vents to the back at full blast, otherwise no cool air, here is California is a must... shitty design....
Sponsored