Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have an update on when these will start shipping out? TIA
I did a install yesterday and am very happy with the final product. However, one brake line holder bracket, did not make it on the cut list for laser. With that being said, I am working on getting the last bracket cut and expedited in order to take all item to powder coat at once. I hope to have eta on the bracket by the end of tomorrow, if not today. After I know when the bracket is completed, I will be able to give a hard ship date. I would like to say end of next week.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
We've been toying with the idea of UHMW panels for the HNT Winch Skid. We made some up for a recent install and would like to know what you guys think?

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! IMG_1884

The UHMW panels are CNC cut and brake-formed to fit the HNT skid. For this prototype we used heavy duty rivets to attach it. We're also looking into automotive adhesives or flat-head bolts in a counterbored hole. Let us hear your thoughts!

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! IMG_1882

And for those unfamiliar with UHMW it's Ultra High Molecular Weight plastic. It's hard and slick, making it easier to slide up and over rocks while also being able to absorb shock. And it acts as a replaceable "wear plate", taking the brunt of the punishment rather than gouging up your powder coated steel, so you don't have to rattle-can the gouges to keep them from rusting, plus gouges are less visible since the material is solid black all the way through.

We'd love to hear your feedback. Is this something we should offer as an option?

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We've been toying with the idea of UHMW panels for the HNT Winch Skid. We made some up for a recent install and would like to know what you guys think?

IMG_1884.jpg

The UHMW panels are CNC cut and brake-formed to fit the HNT skid. For this prototype we used heavy duty rivets to attach it. We're also looking into automotive adhesives or flat-head bolts in a counterbored hole. Let us hear your thoughts!

IMG_1882.jpg

And for those unfamiliar with UHMW it's Ultra High Molecular Weight plastic. It's hard and slick, making it easier to slide up and over rocks while also being able to absorb shock. And it acts as a replaceable "wear plate", taking the brunt of the punishment rather than gouging up your powder coated steel, so you don't have to rattle-can the gouges to keep them from rusting, plus gouges are less visible since the material is solid black all the way through.

We'd love to hear your feedback. Is this something we should offer as an option?
I assume you would offer replacements that we could just rivot back on? I do like that it offers a little protection to the winch bolts to keep them from getting snapped off. I’m in. I like it!

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I assume you would offer replacements that we could just rivot back on? I do like that it offers a little protection to the winch bolts to keep them from getting snapped off. I’m in. I like it!
Yes, the UHMW would be a separate part that would be ordered individually.

UPDATE ON 2.7 winch skid. I received the last bracket needed to complete the kits yesterday, I will be forming them today and the kits will be going to powder coat on Monday!!!

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! IMG_1882

Is this something we can add after install? I just saw my shipping number and assume the skid will come without the UHMW plate?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is this something we can add after install? I just saw my shipping number and assume the skid will come without the UHMW plate?
This was a custom request from another customer. I was considering offering it as a add on option, but didn't really pursue it as it would be $250.00 just for the piece of UHMW and rivets. If you are still interested, I will assume you would not be the only one and I will add it to the product list and start production.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This was a custom request from another customer. I was considering offering it as a add on option, but didn't really pursue it as it would be $250.00 just for the piece of UHMW and rivets. If you are still interested, I will assume you would not be the only one and I will add it to the product list and start production.
Nah. That’s ok. I do like it but no need to get crazy.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2.7 WNC Skids are in stock and shipping!! Below are some pictures of another install Hope to have the install video done soon!!

P1272511.JPG

P1272498.JPG

P1272497.JPG

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

INSTALL VIDEO IS UP!!!
I couldn’t wait for the video! Knocked it out last week and I really appreciate the phone support from Chris when it came to the water hoses. Everything else was pretty obvious. Love it! Not only does it look amazing but I like the extra little boost from the Mishimoto intercooler. Well worth the wait.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! IMG_6593

IMG_6628.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bcol2012

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

INSTALL VIDEO IS UP!!!
Looks great! Are you still looking at trying to relocate the ACC radar back to its original position? I know you said you were working on an optional bracket but don't see it on the product page.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks great! Are you still looking at trying to relocate the ACC radar back to its original position? I know you said you were working on an optional bracket but don't see it on the product page.
The last two installs I have done, I just modified the ACC mount itself, to clear the heat exchanger mount. No additional bracket is needed. Pretty much just eliminate the flap section of the assembly. I do not think I have any detailed pictures, but I will look.

ajshpprd

Wildtrak
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a rough estimate on how long it would take a competent mechanic with all the tools and hardware to install this and the high mount intercooler? Hoping this can be installed in a weekend 🤞

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have a rough estimate on how long it would take a competent mechanic with all the tools and hardware to install this and the high mount intercooler? Hoping this can be installed in a weekend 🤞
I have not timed it. However, I do believe it can be done in a weekend, if not a long day. I would say 10-15 hours to do the high mount intercooler kit, relocate the heat exchanger, mount the winch, and wire the winch. The install video took less than 3 hours to film. The Mishimoto high mount intercooler kit, calls out for around 10 hours I believe. I know a handful of people have done it in less, I believe it took around 6-8 when I initially installed the high mount kit.

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not a professional mechanic and I did the entire install alone in my garage in about a day. It took a little bit of a second day to wire up the controller.
Sponsored