Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 raptor widebody 37s, 2018 raptor 2018 JKU 35s
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

very nice, would this happen to work with the raptor?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
very nice, would this happen to work with the raptor?
Unfortunately the lower skid plate mounts are different on a raptor. I am scheduling a raptor to come to the shop for scanning so I may design raptor products. I know my bumpers work, as one of our dealers has installed them on the raptor, its just the skid plates so far. I can not speak for the Mishimoto intercooler kit though.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for your work on this, it was obviously a lot of R&D and the solution seems a lot less invasive than it could have been for the 2.7L.

I’m planning on keeping my Wildtrak for the long haul and bought the extended warranty. Can anyone shed a little light on how Ford would feel about the inter cooler replacement? Seems like that might be an excuse they would use not to honor a warranty claim.
It wouldn't be a reason to void the warranty anymore than a cold air kit would. i.e. none.

TheGoodBadUgly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well it seems like we've been working on this forever but we're happy to finally announce that our HNT Hidden Winch Skid is now available for Broncos with the 2.7L engine! I'm out at Bronco Super Celebration in Buena Vista, Colorado this week debuting it so look for our red 4-Door Wildtrak in the vendor area if you'd like to check it out in person. The kit turned out awesome but its a little differently than what we initially intended so let's get into the details!

image9x-1500sq.jpg

After many different trials and configurations, the final result is simpler than others that are on the market as it requires minimal drilling, trimming and only one water line needs to be shortened. We decided to keep the existing HNT Hidden Winch Skid as-is (but removed the 2.3L-only designation from it), and have designed a separate 2.7 Bracket Kit that is needed when installing it into Broncos with the 2.7L:
F6-17-133B_A-1200w.jpg

The brackets in the kit reposition the stock transmission fluid heat exchanger, a brake line and a water hose to make room for the winch. Here's a pic of the heat exchanger sitting in the new mount, but please check out the product page on our website for additional photos and a basic run-down of the installation procedure.

image2.jpeg

You may have noticed the big air ducts inboard of each frame rail in the photo above, which leads me to the last piece of the puzzle. The HNT Skid will require installation of the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler to provide adequate room for the winch and repositioned components. Unfortunately that does add significant cost to the installation, but you do get a very nice performance upgrade out of it. And since you've all been waiting patiently, we have a bonus incentive for you to lessen the pain...

INTRODUCTORY PRODUCT BUNDLE SAVINGS!

We have set up a Bundle Deal for those of you who have been waiting patiently for this kit with some nice savings when you buy the items together. Basically you get the Bracket Kit for FREE (a $175 value) as my thanks when you order the 3-item bundle that also includes the HNT Hidden Winch Skid and the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler. CLICK HERE to go to the Bundle on our website to learn more or place your order. We've also made a bundle that includes Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler Pipes (you still get the 2.7 Bracket Kit for Free)...CLICK HERE for that Bundle. Additionally, we're offering our HNT Winch Fairlead and/or Winch Solenoid Relocation Kit at 10% off if you add them to your bundle (add them right on the bundle page, but they're not required to get the bundle deal).

27bundle_with-pipes.jpg

Please note that the Bundle Deals will only be available through September 16th, as we're offering it as a thank you for your patience and also as an introductory "Show Special" at Bronco Super Celebration in Colorado where we are debuting it in person. After that, the components will sell separately at their regular price.

image10x-1500sq.jpg

Lastly, please note that we are currently working through the initial production run on the Bracket Kits, and they will be ready to ship by the end of this month. So orders placed during the Bundle Deal period will start shipping out at the end of September or beginning of October, only a couple of weeks away. Once again, here are the pertinent links for more info or to place an order:

Let me know if you have any questions about the kit or any of the products in the bundle. Post them here or email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as I can, keeping in mind that I'm currently at Super Cel, but I'll try to monitor these channels and answer any questions ASAP. Thanks everyone once again for your patience as we've worked this one out! --Chris
Nicely done...at great effort, clearly, so gratitude to you and your team!

Question: with a winch down low, does water-crossings above the winch become problematic? I've not owned a winch, so I don't know about their 'water resistance' when submerged??

And, if you have Adaptive Cruise control, is there a relocation solution?

Thanks!!

Az_Squatch_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands w/ sasquatch pkg - Carbonized Grey
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for your work on this, it was obviously a lot of R&D and the solution seems a lot less invasive than it could have been for the 2.7L.

I’m planning on keeping my Wildtrak for the long haul and bought the extended warranty. Can anyone shed a little light on how Ford would feel about the inter cooler replacement? Seems like that might be an excuse they would use not to honor a warranty claim.
This is not up to the Dealer. It is up to the Ford warranty administrator. Once the Dealer sends pictures of the modification you will be denied any warranty related to Powertrain.

If Ford Dealers are like Jeep, they will Flag your rig when it comes in for any service as a a "modified" vehicle.

Sponsored

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is not up to the Dealer. It is up to the Ford warranty administrator. Once the Dealer sends pictures of the modification you will be denied any warranty related to Powertrain.

If Ford Dealers are like Jeep, they will Flag your rig when it comes in for any service as a a "modified" vehicle.
Nailed it.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nicely done...at great effort, clearly, so gratitude to you and your team!

Question: with a winch down low, does water-crossings above the winch become problematic? I've not owned a winch, so I don't know about their 'water resistance' when submerged??

And, if you have Adaptive Cruise control, is there a relocation solution?

Thanks!!
Thank you!!

From the research that I have done, the warn winches can get wet with a occasional submersion, but if you do see the winch being submerged on a regular basis, they do provide a water proof winch option.

The Mishimoto intercooler kit comes with a ACC relocation bracket in the kit.

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks for including actual side profile photos showing approach angle.

Most bumper manufacturers brag about how well-built their bumper is but never include the actual profile picture showing it sticking out 5 inches, and ruining the looks of the vehicle. also more importantly the approach angle.

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Another great looking product Chris! Hope you had fun out at Super Cel BV. We missed it this year but heading up to the new one in Carson City in a few weeks.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for including actual side profile photos showing approach angle.

Most bumper manufacturers brag about how well-built their bumper is but never include the actual profile picture showing it sticking out 5 inches, and ruining the looks of the vehicle. also more importantly the approach angle.
Thank you for the post. I know what you mean and know what I would want to see as a customer. Especially when investing so much into features of a product.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Another great looking product Chris! Hope you had fun out at Super Cel BV. We missed it this year but heading up to the new one in Carson City in a few weeks.
Thank you dusty, appreciate the compliment. Super cel was great and looking forward to Carson city!! I’ll hopefully see you there!!

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lobo Off-Road

Will this work with the JKS max tire clearance kit?
A healthy amount of info on the skidplate itself, is located in the skid forum. Link below.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lobo-off-road-hnt-hidden-winch-skid-for-bronco.55471/

The JKS kit will work, but would sense the mounting brackets would be lowered 3/16", I would recommend adding 3/16" spacers to the lower mounts as well. However you maybe able to do it without, just a little tougher to mount up. If you were to run one our bumpers as well, it would need to be mounted lower or not use the tie in from the bumper to the skid

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hi everyone, just a reminder that the INTRODUCTORY PRODUCT BUNDLE (with $175 in savings) expires on the 16th, which is tomorrow. But since I probably won't have time to go in and expire it manually, I'll probably leave it up through Sunday night (the 17th), an extra day for you procrastinators :) So here's your last call, if you've been thinking about picking one up. So far the response has been awesome. And we still have some availability in our first production run so get your orders in.

INTRODUCTORY PRODUCT BUNDLE SAVINGS!

We have set up a Bundle Deal for those of you who have been waiting patiently for this kit with some nice savings when you buy the items together. Basically you get the Bracket Kit for FREE (a $175 value) as my thanks when you order the 3-item bundle that also includes the HNT Hidden Winch Skid and the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler. CLICK HERE to go to the Bundle on our website to learn more or place your order. We've also made a bundle that includes Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler Pipes (you still get the 2.7 Bracket Kit for Free)...CLICK HERE for that Bundle. Additionally, we're offering our HNT Winch Fairlead and/or Winch Solenoid Relocation Kit at 10% off if you add them to your bundle (add them right on the bundle page, but they're not required to get the bundle deal).
Also, we finally had a chance to take the Bronco out into the wash for some better photos of the HNT Hidden Winch Skid:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! DTS_5435X-2400w

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! DTS_5404X-2400w

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! DTS_5444X-2400w

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! DTS_5395X-2400w

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! DTS_5461X-2400w

If you have any last-minute questions about the HNT Hidden Winch Skid, the new 2.7L Bracket Kit, or the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler before that deal ends, fire away!

Hatman

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone, just a reminder that the INTRODUCTORY PRODUCT BUNDLE (with $175 in savings) expires on the 16th, which is tomorrow. But since I probably won't have time to go in and expire it manually, I'll probably leave it up through Sunday night (the 17th), an extra day for you procrastinators :) So here's your last call, if you've been thinking about picking one up. So far the response has been awesome. And we still have some availability in our first production run so get your orders in.

Also, we finally had a chance to take the Bronco out into the wash for some better photos of the HNT Hidden Winch Skid:

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! DTS_5461X-2400w

If you have any last-minute questions about the HNT Hidden Winch Skid, the new 2.7L Bracket Kit, or the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler before that deal ends, fire away!
Do you have an update on when these will start shipping out? TIA
Sponsored