Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well it seems like we've been working on this forever but we're happy to finally announce that our HNT Hidden Winch Skid is now available for Broncos with the 2.7L engine! I'm out at Bronco Super Celebration in Buena Vista, Colorado this week debuting it so look for our red 4-Door Wildtrak in the vendor area if you'd like to check it out in person. The kit turned out awesome but its a little differently than what we initially intended so let's get into the details!

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! image9x-1500sq

After many different trials and configurations, the final result is simpler than others that are on the market as it requires minimal drilling, trimming and only one water line needs to be shortened. We decided to keep the existing HNT Hidden Winch Skid as-is (but removed the 2.3L-only designation from it), and have designed a separate 2.7 Bracket Kit that is needed when installing it into Broncos with the 2.7L:
Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! F6-17-133B_A-1200w

The brackets in the kit reposition the stock transmission fluid heat exchanger, a brake line and a water hose to make room for the winch. Here's a pic of the heat exchanger sitting in the new mount, but please check out the product page on our website for additional photos and a basic run-down of the installation procedure.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! image2

You may have noticed the big air ducts inboard of each frame rail in the photo above, which leads me to the last piece of the puzzle. The HNT Skid will require installation of the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler to provide adequate room for the winch and repositioned components. Unfortunately that does add significant cost to the installation, but you do get a very nice performance upgrade out of it. And since you've all been waiting patiently, we have a bonus incentive for you to lessen the pain...

INTRODUCTORY PRODUCT BUNDLE SAVINGS!

We have set up a Bundle Deal for those of you who have been waiting patiently for this kit with some nice savings when you buy the items together. Basically you get the Bracket Kit for FREE (a $175 value) as my thanks when you order the 3-item bundle that also includes the HNT Hidden Winch Skid and the Mishimoto High-Mount Intercooler. CLICK HERE to go to the Bundle on our website to learn more or place your order. We've also made a bundle that includes Mishimoto's Performance Intercooler Pipes (you still get the 2.7 Bracket Kit for Free)...CLICK HERE for that Bundle. Additionally, we're offering our HNT Winch Fairlead and/or Winch Solenoid Relocation Kit at 10% off if you add them to your bundle (add them right on the bundle page, but they're not required to get the bundle deal).

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! 27bundle_with-pipes

Please note that the Bundle Deals will only be available through September 16th, as we're offering it as a thank you for your patience and also as an introductory "Show Special" at Bronco Super Celebration in Colorado where we are debuting it in person. After that, the components will sell separately at their regular price.

Ford Bronco Lobo Off-Road HNT Hidden Winch Skid 2.7L Mount Kit Now Available! image10x-1500sq

Lastly, please note that we are currently working through the initial production run on the Bracket Kits, and they will be ready to ship by the end of this month. So orders placed during the Bundle Deal period will start shipping out at the end of September or beginning of October, only a couple of weeks away. Once again, here are the pertinent links for more info or to place an order:

Let me know if you have any questions about the kit or any of the products in the bundle. Post them here or email me at [email protected] and I'll get back to you as soon as I can, keeping in mind that I'm currently at Super Cel, but I'll try to monitor these channels and answer any questions ASAP. Thanks everyone once again for your patience as we've worked this one out! --Chris
Sponsored

BuaidhNoBas

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2022 Expedition Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for your work on this, it was obviously a lot of R&D and the solution seems a lot less invasive than it could have been for the 2.7L.

I’m planning on keeping my Wildtrak for the long haul and bought the extended warranty. Can anyone shed a little light on how Ford would feel about the inter cooler replacement? Seems like that might be an excuse they would use not to honor a warranty claim.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for your work on this, it was obviously a lot of R&D and the solution seems a lot less invasive than it could have been for the 2.7L.

I’m planning on keeping my Wildtrak for the long haul and bought the extended warranty. Can anyone shed a little light on how Ford would feel about the inter cooler replacement? Seems like that might be an excuse they would use not to honor a warranty claim.
not ignoring your question, I just do not have a solid answer for that question at this time. I will be reaching out to my dealer contact to see how they would handle the situation. However, from my understanding, it is at each dealers discretion

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

very nice work and excellent ideas... it appears this also requires the Lobo front bumper? does it work with factory bumper?
+1

And any pictures with the factory bumper?

SasBLSven

Badlands
First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
will a HF badlands 12k fit on a 2.7 with control box relocated?
The skid is based around the warn zeon winch. I recommend relocating the control pack, However I know many have bent or relocated brake line in order to not have to relocate the pack. With that being said, any winch that is equivalent or smaller than the dimension of a warn zeon should work

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
very nice work and excellent ideas... it appears this also requires the Lobo front bumper? does it work with factory bumper?
The skid plates were the first products I released. I based them off of the modular bumper as I saw a popular desire to keep the modular bumper. After I designed the bumpers around the existing skids. Much of the info for the skid is located in the skid forum (link below) and there are pictures on the website that show the skid with our bumper as well as a modular bumper. (link below)
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/lobo-off-road-hnt-hidden-winch-skid-for-2-3l-bronco.55471/
https://lobooffroad.com/product/lobo-hnt-hidden-winch-skid-plate-bronco/

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is the free spool lever accessible?
Yes, it is a tight fit for larger hands, but yes it is. Part of the reason why the skid does not go all the way back to the lower A arm crossmember, is to provide access.

Loesch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is amazing. You know what would make this perfect? If there was a hinged plate that covered the opening for the winch so that the whole skid could glide over a rock. Saying and doing are 2 different things though. Just seems like it might work.

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, it is a tight fit for larger hands, but yes it is. Part of the reason why the skid does not go all the way back to the lower A arm crossmember, is to provide access.
I found the same problem with the RC Hidden Winch and RC wasn’t interested in a solution so I ended up engineering my own solution. Not sure this configuration could accommodate a similar fix.

OP
OP
Lobo Off-Road

Lobo Off-Road

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
lobooffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
All of them
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I found the same problem with the RC Hidden Winch and RC wasn’t interested in a solution so I ended up engineering my own solution. Not sure this configuration could accommodate a similar fix.
I would not say ours has a problem, but rather a inconvenience based on choice. I did think of the situation and provided a access point. You are able to reach the free spool lever through the side. it just requires more than if you have the winch in the bumper. However, another reason why I based it off of the zeon series winch, is because they have a model that has all winch controls on a wireless controller, that eliminate the inconvenience as a whole. Now is that a price a consumer is going to want to spend..... that is a decision that they will have to make, BUT at least they have the opportunity to make a decision.
Sponsored