TheShu

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Toys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So here is a fun one. I pulled the fuse out of the telematics module, as I'm one of the people who simply doesnt feel the need to have my car report back to ford every 8 minutes.

Not long after I did this, I noticed that the navigation system was tracking every place I had parked the truck on a recent trip outside of Denver. Every place I had parked was a dot on my nav map. Interestingly, after about a month, they all went back away.

My hope is, that for some reason ford wants that data, and since the car truck couldnt send it back to them, it was keeping some sort of buffer, which then expired. My fear is that the truck is somehow still doing OTA updates (via public wifi maybe?) and this is something that got toggled on/off as a system setting.

Anyone else seen similar?
Anyone dug into the truck, and phyiscally removed things like SIM cards/TCU/Wifi modules?
(2022 Black Diamond, Mid Package)

(Please refrain from tinfoil-hat comments for those that feel the need, I'd like to simply have a technical conversation on how to actually take and keep the truck offline. Honestly appreciated in advance)

bronco.jpg
Sponsored

JHawk

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here is a fun one. I pulled the fuse out of the telematics module, as I'm one of the people who simply doesnt feel the need to have my car report back to ford every 8 minutes.

Not long after I did this, I noticed that the navigation system was tracking every place I had parked the truck on a recent trip outside of Denver. Every place I had parked was a dot on my nav map. Interestingly, after about a month, they all went back away.

My hope is, that for some reason ford wants that data, and since the car truck couldnt send it back to them, it was keeping some sort of buffer, which then expired. My fear is that the truck is somehow still doing OTA updates (via public wifi maybe?) and this is something that got toggled on/off as a system setting.

Anyone else seen similar?
Anyone dug into the truck, and phyiscally removed things like SIM cards/TCU/Wifi modules?
(2022 Black Diamond, Mid Package)

(Please refrain from tinfoil-hat comments for those that feel the need, I'd like to simply have a technical conversation on how to actually take and keep the truck offline. Honestly appreciated in advance)

Ford Bronco Location & Parking Tracking bronco
How do you identify the telematics fuse? Do you know the location number?

OP
OP

TheShu

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Multiple Toys
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Google is your friend here.
Fuse 20.
Truck no longer allows any modification of "connected vehicle settings" and just reports em as off, so I thought I'd killed it.. But those parking locations dont make me so sure any more.

Cobrafang

Wildtrak
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting. Following
Sponsored