Sponsored

Lockable storage with passthrough? Anyone?

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So while I like the idea of the lockable storage accessory that Ford has, I would like to occasionally car camp for hiking some trails that are a little farther from home. The storage would preclude that.

Does anyone make anything similar with a lockable but removable panel behind the seats? It would be a PITA to remove that panel for the occasional trip because of where the bolts are located. Has anyone modified it for easier removal (from the back)? Just looking for ideas as my order isn't even in yet and I've probably got about $3k of stuff I already want (in less than a week) for what will probably be a '24 or '25 (because I'm really not expecting it to be a '23).

I guess the other question is regarding the doors. can you fit two doors in the back with the storage accessory? Not convinced I'll take the back doors off if it's just me driving around...but maybe.
Sponsored

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So while I like the idea of the lockable storage accessory that Ford has, I would like to occasionally car camp for hiking some trails that are a little farther from home. The storage would preclude that.

Does anyone make anything similar with a lockable but removable panel behind the seats? It would be a PITA to remove that panel for the occasional trip because of where the bolts are located. Has anyone modified it for easier removal (from the back)? Just looking for ideas as my order isn't even in yet and I've probably got about $3k of stuff I already want (in less than a week) for what will probably be a '24 or '25 (because I'm really not expecting it to be a '23).

I guess the other question is regarding the doors. can you fit two doors in the back with the storage accessory? Not convinced I'll take the back doors off if it's just me driving around...but maybe.
Diabolical does.

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Shopdiabolicalinc.com

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Diabolical Inc Slipstream

Here's a pic of mine. This is the panel behind the rear seats. There is a lockable door in the panel for quick passthrough capability. But if you want to drop the entire back panel down...all you have to do is unhook 2 pins. Super simple.
Ford Bronco Lockable storage with passthrough?  Anyone? 1657855513030

OP
OP

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Diabolical Inc Slipstream

Here's a pic of mine. This is the panel behind the rear seats. There is a lockable door in the panel for quick passthrough capability. But if you want to drop the entire back panel down...all you have to do is unhook 2 pins. Super simple.
Ford Bronco Lockable storage with passthrough?  Anyone? 1657855513030
Thanks. Can the rear panel be removed or just dropped? Looks like about a 2" lip if dropped?

Sponsored

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks. Can the rear panel be removed or just dropped? Looks like about a 2" lip if dropped?
It can be dropped by removing the top 2 pins. After that...you can remove the bottom 2 pins to remove the panel completely. It's one of the main reasons why I went with the Slipstream instead of the Ford version.

OP
OP

Mainerunr

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It can be dropped by removing the top 2 pins. After that...you can remove the bottom 2 pins to remove the panel completely. It's one of the main reasons why I went with the Slipstream instead of the Ford version.
How is the fit and finish? hard to tell from their pics. Looks decent in the one that you posted.

theguda

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How is the fit and finish? hard to tell from their pics. Looks decent in the one that you posted.
it's solid. The only way someone can get in is with a pry bar, sledgehammer or through the rear door of the Bronco.

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also got the slipstream from Diabolical. It’s a very well made product, and given the modularity, way better than Ford’s option. The only thing I’d change (and I hope they’re working on) is a tri-fold set of top panels so you can fold the top back without having the speakers interfere.

Sponsored

Lonestar777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not trying to derail here. My question on the slipstream is that I have a soft top, and one of the recommendations you will see is to leave the doors unlocked so that people don't cut your soft top to get inside. But if you leave the doors unlocked, the slipstream doesn't provide any security. Is there any way to lock just the rear tailgate and leave the front doors unlocked? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious here.

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not trying to derail here. My question on the slipstream is that I have a soft top, and one of the recommendations you will see is to leave the doors unlocked so that people don't cut your soft top to get inside. But if you leave the doors unlocked, the slipstream doesn't provide any security. Is there any way to lock just the rear tailgate and leave the front doors unlocked? I'm just wondering if I'm missing something obvious here.
The pass through door is lockable

Bearcat1

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition Limited, 2006 BMW 330i
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I built a diy enclosure similar to slipstream, to my knowledge, there is no way to lock just the tailgate door without locking all the other doors. I just lock all the doors when I need something safe/hidden in the rear enclosure.