drew707

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow, we had different results. That is strange. My alarm went off when i tried to do this and tailgate remained locked.
I have the High package. Not sure if that makes a difference.
Could have been a fluke, I was expecting the alarm to go off as well. Maybe I didn’t wait long enough for the PATS to kick in, I do believe there’s a delay
Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A key fob must be present to unlock any door, even using the button on the door. Therefore, if a person opened your driver door somehow, they could not unlock the tailgate without a key fob.
I believed this to be true as well, until I walked out to my Bronco without the fob and locked and unlocked the doors (including the tailgate) to verify.

FWIW, it had been parked for a couple of hours.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just so I thoroughly confuse the issue, the auto lock and unlock feature is programmable. I don't know if this in any way helps with the question at hand, but I found it interesting.

How do automatic door locks work? (ford.com)

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have the Ford raised lid cargo cage. (there are some aftermarkets too I have seen) This secured the cargo area even if the rear seats are folded down. A key fob must be present to unlock any door, even using the button on the door. Therefore, if a person opened your driver door somehow, they could not unlock the tailgate without a key fob.
I hate to tell you this but this is not correct. I have tested the locking/security on the Bronco and here is how it works. If the doors are off, and you locked the vehicle with your FOB, there is no way of unlocking the vehicle, especially the tailgate, unless you have your FordPass App or you have your FOB. Lets say the doors are on and the windows are rolled down but you locked the vehicle with your FOB, the panic alarm will activate in 15 seconds, so if someone just reaches in and unlocks your doors, or in the scenario of someone slicing into your soft top and unlocking them, when any door is opened at that point, the panic alarm will start blaring. Not sure how long the panic alarm goes for, but it makes a racket ;-) And that is how it really works.
Sponsored