Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have had mine since 9/21. No issues. Since Advaneced Fraud Concepts can over promise and under deliver, I will be rocking it much longer.
Sponsored

edgarmcgauley

Big Bend
First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-Door Soft-Top
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Feb 2022 with 50k miles.
The OEM softtop is terrible. Mainly the plastic fasteners and clips. The cloth is great for weather, but if you regularly remove the softtop, which is its selling point, be ready for broken plastic pieces and terrible Ford service to remedy it.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You either love it or hate it. I loved it for a few years on a Wrangler. But I will never, ever buy another vehicle with it. Having a noisy hard top is bad enough, if they sold the Bronco with a fixed cab I would have been all over it. Drove a cheap rental Nissan compact from San Diego to LA a few days ago a d it was painful being reminded what even a cheap vehicle can do in terms of road noise... Or rather it's absence.

wjtinfwb

Black Diamond
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC, Excursion, Focus ST, Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Love my soft top 4dr BB. No top issues at all after one year, still looks great. Flip two latches down and throw the top back and you've got an instant Targa top that can still be easily closed just as quickly. Looking into the top assist mechanisims on the market to make it even easier. Between the price advantage and the availability, I'm very happy with my decision.

Rocky905

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BADLANDS non-SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who here has had their soft top the longest and how is it holding up? Thanks!
Doubt I have had soft top (ST) the longest. Picked up my ‘23 BADLANDS in July. Had to delete hart top to get my Bronco scheduled in’23 or risk having my order cancelled. So, through 3 seasons I can say my ST has been better than expected, although my expectations were pretty low. Not as noisy as I thought it would be, although there is sometimes a flapping sound at higher speeds (>65ish). Has held up to snow, rain, heat, very cold, (not well insulated though), and car washes.
In sloppy weather rear window gets covered in a thin layer and is hard to see through; No rear wiper/washer to clear it. Side windows in back have a “wrinkle.” The last issue is it can be a bit of a pain to raise the back ( has a strut to keep it up). Latches on each side must be released in order to raise the back for accessing the cargo area. With back gate opened it can be just a little awkward accessing the whole cargo area.

Bottom line: better than I expected: a couple of inconveniences that we have gotten used to and overcome.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having had several Jeeps over the years, both with and without soft tops, I already knew I wanted the soft top for the Bronco, just based on how I use it. Took delivery 8/10/2021, it's garaged when I'm home, spends most of the summer either with the panels out as a safari top, or down. The back windows are just there to keep the weather out on inclement days (or winter, it's still snowing here).

I've had no issues with anything, it's fine, not perfect, but fine. It does just what I want it to. As others have said, it can be loud, drive across Wyoming on I-80 on a windy night and it'll be loud. That said, it's no louder than the one on my JK, frankly, not really any louder than the BMW 325i I had.

The most important thing to me, it does not leak. My JK leaked. The BMW leaked. This one does not leak.

Edited to add - when I was in the Army, we had the 4 pax trooper carrier HMMWVs. We tried everything to stop them leaking, 100 MPH tape, adhesives, whatever we could come up with and no matter what we did, when it was raining outside the HMMWV, it was raining inside the HMMWV.

Photo from last week at 3.5 years of ownership:

Ford Bronco Long term soft top reviews / feedback? IMG_3768

RobWTX

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Enjoying it much more than anticipated. Since 5/22. No problems at all. I am holding out hope a white soft top comes out someday by some company?!
I had a white top on a Mustang, it gets dingy fast! I learned after that, no more white convertibles for me. They look great, for a short time, lol. :)

bkfit

Base
First Name
BK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

11/16/2021 build date 11/18/2021 took delivery. Top off and on during summer months. Winter months extra Automotive Headliner sound deading is used on back windows and along the top/sides GTG. My buddy with hard top states its almost the same decibels as his hard top. Eyes on Armadillo top...

Ford Bronco Long term soft top reviews / feedback? IMG_0690
Ford Bronco Long term soft top reviews / feedback? IMG_0974
Ford Bronco Long term soft top reviews / feedback? IMG_1052

Air Biscuit

Black Diamond
First Name
Marco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ours is coming up on a year in April. Only issue I’ve had is the front right corner of the cloth where it meets the seal above the windshield is coming undone. Like the glue holding the fold in the fabric let go. There’s a small chafe on the seal, the top is obviously tighter on that side because the drivers side doesn’t have this issue. It’s never been removed completely from the vehicle. It’s yet to be addressed by Ford. I’m hoping for a new fabric.
Aside from that I have no complaints. While it’s all subject to opinion I believe the hard tops look better, but you can’t beat the functionality of the soft tops. Safari mode is alot of fun, and looks great too..
I’ve heard people mention updated soft tops? If that’s true what year did they start and what’s updated on them? Mine is a late model 2022. 11/22 build date…

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Two years this summer, 20k miles. NO issues...well, they could have made the rear side window 1/32" longer so you could re-install them....lol.

Sponsored

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had my soft top since 5/22 and love it. Makes waiting on the 1 piece ADV top more bearable.

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

had mine right at about 2 years.

While I enjoy the quick flip to position 1, I hardly ever take the windows off and go all the way down.

It gets very noisy on highways at high speed, and of course long road trips make it worse. My wife complains to me constantly about how she can't hear, and she's not a fan of the top back/down. So I don't get to enjoy it as much as I'd like.

I'm at 10 months waiting on Anderson Composites to delivery my top.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had mine for 2.5 years and this is my third winter. It has been great. I am not a fan of the sides not sealing, but nothing has ever blown in. I never even considered a hard top.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the same boat as a few here, going on over 2 years, 48K miles. now 3 winters. I'd venture to say most of those miles are spent ON adventure, majority on interstate to get to the far-away lands.
Quieter than my TJ soft top, quieter than my convertible Cobra, exponentially quieter than my motorcycle, but a lot louder than our newer Silverado... All that to say it is at LEAST as good as expected.
And TBH it is better.
It is wearing better than the Jeep factory top did. Quieter. Now that I am used to removing and reinstalling the windows, easier and faster than zippers. Although early on I felt the opposite.
The only alternative is the slant-back aftermarket which (from what I can read about it by users on here) isn't much different in sound or quality. Just a different design to store and different profile with the slant.
If it means anything at all I bought another brand new '23 model top still on the foam crate this weekend to store for when this one finally wears out.
I like it that much.
A lot of people throw shade on it but I don't think the majority of those have lived through the older years/ownership of Jeeps' ST in the CJ, YJ, TJ years like some of us have.
And as counterintuitive as this is going to sound, that "crappy" experience was wonderful to have and led me to wanting one for my Bronco.
Nothing like leaving for a vacation buttoned up for long interstate, then find great weather out in nature on a trail and flip that thing open and ride on.
Sponsored