Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have this place on my list to go visit! Thanks for sharing the photos and your experience, I am definitely moving this one to the top of my list.
Figure out who to call to find out if the gates to the main road are open, the trail extends pretty far, I just got a taste of the beginning portion.
Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wanting to take advantage of the Presidents Day weekend, I scampered online last minute for ideas and found the Lost Coast Trail. Packed up the Red Bandit and made my way up the coast from LA. The trail was easy enough to find, offering a fantastic experience through the woods with coastal views. It was an easy trail with some bog holes to cross near the campsite. Luckily the weather was clear and campsites were plenty.

DSC06439.jpg

DSC06448-Pano.jpg

DSC06385-Pano.jpg

DSC06405-Pano.jpg

I wanted to continue the trail, but sadly the main route was closed. There was an offshoot but looked to be a bit more overgrown without a guarantee that at the end of it I wasn't going o face another closed gate.

From there I went up to the Redwood National Forest passing through the Avenue of Giants to the Elk Crossings and the Gold Bluffs Campground. I was able to snag a single night reservation just before I left.
DSC06461.jpg

DSC06467-Pano.jpg

DSC06482-Pano.jpg

I've know made it a mission to return and finish this entire trail. The Northern California coast is really magical.
Just fucking glorious! Absolutely wonderful pictures and a beautiful Bronco. 🤗

Thank you for sharing and cheers! 🍻

Gyddeup

Wildtrak
First Name
Amiee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Awesome pictures man!!
I live the other side of the country so I will probably never get there... We are headed into the mountains of E. Tennessee this weekend it will be very rainy... I'll try to post pictures!! It was snowy at windrock when we went last month.
Where are you headed to in TN?

Sponsored

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for sharing OP. Im in LA also and appreciate your sharing of this adventure as it gives me ideas for trips!!! Amazing pics. The red bandit is a beauty. Cheers!!! Keep sharing!!!

emaier

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks for the tip. Where did you start the trail at?

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful, I'm heading up there in June but for backpacking. Going to do the whole trail...cannot wait!

Sponsored

emaier

Outer Banks
First Name
eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 Laramie
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

beautiful pictures. i will be doing this trail in April. were you able to make it to crescent city? how long did it take?
thank you

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Beautiful, I'm heading up there in June but for backpacking. Going to do the whole trail...cannot wait!
I watched a guy backpack the whole trail last night and it is gorgeous, you won't be disappointed. I gotta give it up to you guys who can traverse those many miles on foot. Pretty amazing.

OP
OP
KT_bronco

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

beautiful pictures. i will be doing this trail in April. were you able to make it to crescent city? how long did it take?
thank you
Unfortunately no, Usal road was closed after the campsite. Call and make sure it is open when you go. I think it's seasonal.

JohnnyBoots

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XJ, BMW Z4, Mini Clubman JCW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I watched a guy backpack the whole trail last night and it is gorgeous, you won't be disappointed. I gotta give it up to you guys who can traverse those many miles on foot. Pretty amazing.
I'm actually somewhat nervous (mildly) about this one. Just walking distance with a pack on sand sounds kind of miserable but I know the views will make up for it.

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm actually somewhat nervous (mildly) about this one. Just walking distance with a pack on sand sounds kind of miserable but I know the views will make up for it.
Did you already get permits for the lost coast trail? I didn’t realize they went on sale before all the other backpacking permits, going to try and snag one this October…..best of luck and enjoy the hike!
Sponsored