ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang PP2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apologies, I have no idea what or if there is a better subform for this question, none seemed appropriate.

I've lifted our bronco 2.5inches, and have 37's on it. Apparently tires will rub at full lock and under articulation. I'm hoping to find some mudflaps that help keep rocks off the side of the car... but are as far from the tires as possible to prevent any interference worse than there already is.

Appreciate any ideas here. Thanks!
Sponsored

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer, 2005 Ranger FX4, & 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the same issue. I ended up using a set of generic flat ones on the front and they work just fine.

BeerRunner

Badlands
First Name
LUKE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

BluebroncoNC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco & 1977 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have a SAS OBX. I cut (to what I wanted) generic flaps and just mounted them to my below door step. I've seen numerous video's on utube showing creative ways to mount generic flaps if you do not wish to buy pre mades.

Sponsored
OP
OP
ronnyek

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I had the same issue. I ended up using a set of generic flat ones on the front and they work just fine.
Do you by chance have a close up? What does mounting look like?

5GENIDN

Heritage
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Ford Bronco Heritage Limited 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Ford Bronco Low profile mudflap options 1703687469475

Oh Dear Lord! the Hooke Bronco in their Banner has been designed to look like an angry Jeep!

This is like Plastic surgery gone wrong!

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I installed the Mabbetts on the front only. They fit nice and are not too big or too small in my opinion. They looked like they covered the Sas tires well enough but going on my first off road adventure proved otherwise. The Sas tires picked up gobs of rocks and flung them everywhere and chipped the paint a lot on the lower part of the doors and rockers. A lot of touch up paint work and I was not happy. From reading other posts, running boards seem to be the best solution to get the maximum protection. I don't favor running boards at all so I do not know of another better solution to the rock chips. Maybe bigger, longer mud flaps but I don't favor that look either.

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I installed the Mabbetts on the front only. They fit nice and are not too big or too small in my opinion. They looked like they covered the Sas tires well enough but going on my first off road adventure proved otherwise. The Sas tires picked up gobs of rocks and flung them everywhere and chipped the paint a lot on the lower part of the doors and rockers. A lot of touch up paint work and I was not happy. From reading other posts, running boards seem to be the best solution to get the maximum protection. I don't favor running boards at all so I do not know of another better solution to the rock chips. Maybe bigger, longer mud flaps but I don't favor that look either.
I tried the Mabbetts and they rubbed extremely bad on the front. I left them on the back and went with these on the front.

IMG_0810.jpeg

RCVBAF

Big Bend
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Do you by chance have a close up? What does mounting look like?
I put these on the front. I used the existing holes and drilled up the mud flap to match.

IMG_0810.jpeg

Sponsored

F2W12

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Check out Broflaps on Etsy.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so obvious chat gpt or a English as a second language person wrote this.. no grammar freak here but dang!
Ford Bronco Low profile mudflap options IMG_0810
Yeah, welcome to the future. Everything will be AI assisted, especially, when it comes to the liberal arts, etc. The biggest difference maker will be those who use it and proofread or those who can really tailor AI and Machine Learning to automate things that will eliminate jobs but in the same way as Lamplighter was eliminated by switching to electric streetlights. I know many people, acquaintances all, who are employed to write social media posts, basically. Those jobs will be reduced as (micro)manager-level types learn or are forced to learn how to use AI to replace them. Obviously, that had to be oversimplified, but it can really help start-ups, small, and growing businesses like Quicken, etc. did. Is using ADP for payroll cheating or evil because they didn't hire accountants? No. Business is competition--not always fair--and sometimes competition comes out of nowhere, but this is innovation and to be expected.

I take more umbrage with chat bot customer service and phone menus where you have to say something and can't select a number(I did find out one place gets me right to a real person when I say certain curse words, lol).

This copy? I usually don't read that filler anyway so it doesn't bother me when it is AI or written by a non-native English speaker. Rough Country included instructions that were incomplete, showed different hardware, and parts were written by a non-native English speaker and never proofread. It is far more frustrating when it's instructions that need to be clear.

OP
OP
ronnyek

ronnyek

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My wheels and tires supposedly hit the factoring running boards in some conditions when Installed. (I never saw how or in what conditions... just what the tire shop said... so I had them rip them off)

I now run electronic running boards that have no problem with interference, but that being said I feel like mounting brackets and stuff could get rubbed if they stick out in wheel well
Sponsored