First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are in our 70’s. Call it a grandpa Bronco. The Sport didnt have the performance i want. Trying to get cab entry 2 or 3 inches lower. Dont want to modify hard parts. options maybe: A. Power running boards get lower than stock. how much lower? B. 255/70r18 tires swap for lower profile fatty tires
Sponsored

Doc TOC

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition Max, Fusion Hybrid, HD Road King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
For what you would spend on new rims and tires, you could get Rock Slide Engineering's Gen 3 slides installed. That is about a 10" drop (assuming you have 33" tires now). You may appreciate that lower step in coming years. And if you have grandkids / spouse / pregnant daughters who want to ride along, they will too.

BullyHayes

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
We are in our 70’s. Call it a grandpa Bronco. The Sport didnt have the performance i want. Trying to get cab entry 2 or 3 inches lower. Dont want to modify hard parts. options maybe: A. Power running boards get lower than stock. how much lower? B. 255/70r18 tires swap for lower profile fatty tires
Thanks for asking this! I'll need to find a solution as well. The powered step issue may do it.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I installed the rough country e-board powered steps. You definitely don't need RSE's slider steps, they are too hard-core for what you are using your bronco for and you would be paying extra for capability you don't need. The rough country steps are $1,000 and the RSE steps are $2,500.

My 75yr old parents were able to get in and out pretty easily and I have the sasquatch 35in tires.
Ford Bronco Lower Outer Banks 1708268677839

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/electric-running-boards-psr51230

OP
OP
Grandpasride

Grandpasride

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gmc sierra
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
For what you would spend on new rims and tires, you could get Rock Slide Engineering's Gen 3 slides installed. That is about a 10" drop (assuming you have 33" tires now). You may appreciate that lower step in coming years. And if you have grandkids / spouse / pregnant daughters who want to ride along, they will too.
Thank you very much!
thank you
Thanks for asking this! I'll need to find a solution as well. The powered step issue may do it.
thsnk you
I installed the rough country e-board powered steps. You definitely don't need RSE's slider steps, they are too hard-core for what you are using your bronco for and you would be paying extra for capability you don't need. The rough country steps are $1,000 and the RSE steps are $2,500.

My 75yr old parents were able to get in and out pretty easily and I have the sasquatch 35in tires.
Ford Bronco Lower Outer Banks 1708268677839

https://www.roughcountry.com/product/electric-running-boards-psr51230
could you give measurement from the door frame threshold to the surface of the running board when they are down please?

Sponsored

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the RSE slider steps on both mine and my wife's Bronco and AMP research steps on my F150. For your specific use case, I would recommend the AMP Research or RC style power steps over the RSE's. They offer a larger step contact area and are more stable than the RSE's.

I wouldn't go the lowering route. To achieve a 2"-3" drop in height it would require new coilovers and probably smaller diameter tires to prevent contacting the fender/flares. Ride quality will surely suffer and it will look goofy.

Also consider installing some additional grab handles to make getting in and out easier.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks like 13" from the floor and 12" to step in... And that's on a Squatch. That should do it for anyone needing help entering and exiting the Bronco.

Good post, thank you.
Sponsored