First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy traverse
Your Bronco Model
Base
Got pods for Christmas now confused on which speakers to put in..looking to make audio system louder..picked up infinity reference for dash..looking at kicker 6.5 cs or ds( not much of price difference) but also wondering if kicker 6.75 is better/louder? If anyone has other suggestions I'm open..
Hoping by next month to have amp and tailgate sub added(I have 23 bk diamond speaker delete) by a stereo shop..thinking about 1 amp for sub box/ other speakers..so most likely a 5 or 6 channel..definitely open to recommendations without breaking the bank..again just need it a bit louder for my wide range of music( grunge,new wave, rock,etc)
Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So far I changed the front speakers to infinity, changed the factory sub to a kicker and added the Mabett pods with kicker speakers in the rear. While it is better, the base and volume are not a huge difference than total factory. It is better but not great. You can definitely hear the better quality and crispness in the new speakers but for more base and volume i think you need a next level-up step. I know that there is a setting for the rear pods that can be done as well. On my next journey to the dealer I will see if they can change that setting for me.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You need an amp to really kick it up a notch. The speakers can only do so much with just the head unit driving them.

Most people here do a 4 channel to run the front kicker/dash and rear pods, then a separate sub amp for the sub - since the factory wiring is already set up that way. You could also do a 5 channel (or 4+1) and pick it up that way

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am running 6.5 CS Kickers in the kick panels and new pods. CS 4" in the dash and a Kicker 2/10" down force subs in the back with a four channel amp under the drivers seat and a mono amp under the passenger. Sounds amazing! I have the same brand of speakers and amp in my Charger with a powered Kicker sub in the trunk.
Sponsored